Best music of the '90s

Rutlefan

I just remembered a cool band that I think NOBODY will know of: Psycho Motel, one of Adrian Smith's bands after he left Maiden. I think they released only two albums, and boy, have they aged well!!! I listened to both of them today, and they have a perfect mix of grunge influences and somewhat more traditional bluesy/rock and roll hooks and riffs. Everything with Adrian's classy solos. Definitely worth a listen!

I just remembered a cool band that I think NOBODY will know of: Psycho Motel, one of Adrian Smith's bands after he left Maiden. I think they released only two albums, and boy, have they aged well!!! I listened to both of them today, and they have a perfect mix of grunge influences and somewhat more traditional bluesy/rock and roll hooks and riffs. Everything with Adrian's classy solos. Definitely worth a listen!

Awesome. I havent heard those except for snippets but they didnt grab me immediately. I love H tho and if he had done the vocals I may have been more into it. Loved the ASAP record though.

ASAP was great too...if only they we're able to put another album out...

Eh. Listened to it again recently and it didnt really hold up. Back in the day I had it on a c90 with Fates Warning Paralells on side B. What a great tape rhat was.

What's with The Smashing Pumpkins not getting a lot of love here? Between Siamese Dream and MC&IS, what other bands have put out two albums in a row with such diverse, yet accessible material that seemed familiar and yet completely new at the same time?
  • Like 3

- Pulp

- Placebo

- The Lunachicks

- L7

my dad met L7, he said they were a bunch of rude bitches...considering donita sparks threw her tampon in a crowd of thousands I wouldn't expect anything different. I've got his autographed LP of bricks are heavy. great band

• Like 1

I went to a few OZZFEST's in the 90's ( I think they started 1997 ) and saw a lot of up and coming bands on the second stage. Slipknot, etc. I was up front for Static-X when they took the second stage. Never heard of them before but I remember being impressed when I saw them. I worked a lot of hours in the 90's so I enjoyed heavy music when I had the time to listen.

http://youtu.be/mK-I5dfyN_I

Edited by custom55

- Pulp

- Placebo

- The Lunachicks

- L7

my dad met L7, he said they were a bunch of rude bitches...considering donita sparks threw her tampon in a crowd of thousands I wouldn't expect anything different

:|

They were quite big for a time there. Did they have a track called Shitlist? They were all over our local college radio station back in the day.

I was all over the place with my music in the 90's. Here's another band I would listen to ... when I was working out at the gym... WHAT THE HELL ?

:bump:

If you love bands like Spock's Beard, Enchant, IQ, Arena... you should check out Clepsydra.

More Grains Of Sand is a fantastic 90's concept album.

Warning: Singer hath a heavy Swiss accent. :ph34r: :smoke:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rowbkT4bZtI