Lasers at R-40?

losingit2k

Is it time to bring back the lasers to their stage show? I think this is the only thing missing from their lighting in the past few concerts. Yeah I understand this is very 80's but it is basically an all encompassing 40 Years of RUSH Celebration and the lasers were a big part of their show during that era.

Anyway there had them in R30:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ld0bFyyOrbc

• Like 1

I think it would be pretty cool especially if they go with a simpler stage design, it still adds something neat.

For me, one of the BEST moments during a show is the opening of XANADU with the lasers reaching the back of the arena (goosebumps!)

That must've been epic to see. I wonder which tour they brought out the lasers for that song.

I miss the smoke and lasers during La Villa......

Agreed, one of my best images during a tour was the lasers spreading out during Alex's solo during the quiet/Slow part of La Villa.

:haz:

Yeah that would be great. Always loved the lasers.

Then you'll love this show. He's doing something waay cool with lasers that has never been done.

Thanks for the Head up FOH LIghts! How is the setlist looking? Great, Good, Meh, What?

The lasers were pretty cool, particularly when they were used to great effect.

I loved when they had the effect that matched the lyrics to Marathon: "More than just a dotted line, more than just a dash"

And having them bounce all over the place during Red Sector A was awesome.

Finally, the use of them during the guitar solo La Villa Straingato was about as perfect as it can get, especially on the Roll the Bones tour, where the lasers were paired with another set of lights coming out from the stage ramps.

• Like 1

The lasers were pretty cool, particularly when they were used to great effect.

I loved when they had the effect that matched the lyrics to Marathon: "More than just a dotted line, more than just a dash"

And having them bounce all over the place during Red Sector A was awesome.

Finally, the use of them during the guitar solo La Villa Straingato was about as perfect as it can get, especially on the Roll the Bones tour, where the lasers were paired with another set of lights coming out from the stage ramps.

I miss the spinning p/g in Between The Wheels! :)

• Like 1

I remember when they played "Test For Echo" back in 1997, they had the 2 big satellite dishes on either side of the stage, and there were lasers shooting out of them, and out over the crowd. THAT was awesome.
  • Like 1

They used them during Turn the Page too during the chorus two spinning green boxes eminating from the stage over the floor to the back of the arena. those were pretty cool but I have to admit during Laville was the best with the hand fan pattern behind Neil and the smoke just awesome! It would be cool to see them used again on some songs to drive the nostalgic feelings home. Edited by Crimsonmistymemory
  • Like 1

Then you'll love this show. He's doing something waay cool with lasers that has never been done.

Thanks for the Head up FOH LIghts! How is the setlist looking?

Which one?? :D

• Like 1

Thanks for the Head up FOH LIghts! How is the setlist looking?

Which one?? :D

I just got a chubby. :)

• Like 1

Pink Floyd was always the highest standard to me when it came to concert lighting, stage, lasers, props, video etc...they just always went to that next level. Then I saw the Lights tour from Nine Inch Nails and was completely blown away by that. Then Coldplay in 2012-2013 just about put them away as well. Rush in the 80s were right behind Floyd. Then something happened and they stopped after Roll The Bones from really expanding out. I thought Time Machine and Clockwork Angels were definite improvements but unfortunately they over did it with 10 new songs. I would love to see songs from the 70s and 80s that might not have gotten the video and laser treatment get that this time around. Laser technology has gone to worlds that Rush hasn't traveled to in their history.

The last time they used lasers on the Snakes tour they were still using the same standard green lasers. So many songs could have used them on Time Machine and Clockwork Angels where they had no video or lasers or anything going on. Some people say that it's fine and the music is what matters, but when you are in an arena with 11,000 people of which maybe 4,000 know the deeper songs, those are the songs that needed more umpf to them presentation wise. I posted a link below to the last Coldplay show I saw. This was just the opening song. The rest of the show was even more crazy.