1757 replies to this topic

#1741 x1yyz

x1yyz

The Shark Whisperer

• Members
  • 8821 posts
  • Interests:Stuff. And things.

Posted 13 April 2016 - 11:44 PM

Wow, what an amazing night that was!  When the band started playing I thought "Oh, they're using the Clockwork Angels stage set up.  I guess that's because they're not touring for a new album."  But then, after a few songs, I figured out what was going on and was so excited!

And yeah, I can't complain about my seats.  Second row :D

Sponsored Post

#1742 DirkPrattLerxst

DirkPrattLerxst

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1139 posts
  • Interests:Professional air bassist/drummer/guitarist

Posted 07 May 2016 - 10:31 AM

How has it been almost a year since this show? I remember it like it was yesterday. I miss those guys :(

#1743 pfrushfan0122

pfrushfan0122

The Seeker

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 10:58 AM

It was this time last year that 2 friends of mine and I started a roadtrip from Worcester MA to Tulsa to see these guys!!! We made it after 20+ hours of driving but it was so worth it.

It was the beginning of the end, and I could feel it that night, but it was amazing.

I wish that I could live it all again!

Edited by pfrushfan0122, 07 May 2016 - 10:59 AM.

#1744 GabesCavesOfIce

GabesCavesOfIce

The God Of Balance

• Members *
  • 6451 posts
  • Location:Miamisburg, OH. Miamisburg, Oh. Miamisburg, Oh. Miamisburg, Oh
  • Interests:Miamisburg, Oh

Outland Empire (located on the opposite US coast from Johnny and Dave).

Posted 29 April 2017 - 05:48 PM

Two year anniversary is almost here. This time two years ago, they were about to mail the set list out to vip ticket holders.

Hopefully no one will get sick in section 335.

#1745 greyfriar

greyfriar

River Rhine BurgerMeister

• Members
  • 7919 posts
  • Interests:Music
    Munros in Scottish Highland
    Constructing weird grammar phrases in TRF posts
    It is what it is - and forever!

Posted 08 May 2017 - 06:02 PM

Two years ago I received signals from a thing called Periscope. It changed my world by streaming a Rush live show directly into my living room. WOW!!! Thanks guys (whoever you are)!!! Opening night of R40 was an unforgettable event for me. :rose: :sundog: :smoke:

#1746 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 42114 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 07:18 PM

It was unforgettable on here too.  We were so excited.

No one knew what they were going to play next.

Edited by Lorraine, 08 May 2017 - 07:18 PM.

#1747 Leanne

Leanne

Superconductor

• Members *
  • 1221 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 07:23 PM

I've posted in this thread before (I think) and this was my first time seeing Rush and it was AMAZING!  I'm so glad I have videos and pictures.

Edited by Leanne, 08 May 2017 - 07:24 PM.

#1748 DistantEarlySignals

DistantEarlySignals

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1244 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 10:48 PM

i remember opening night. I was at a restaurant in my hometown, and I was watching setlist.fm for the opener. As soon as I saw it was Clockwork Angels, I knew they were going backwards. By the time I was heading home, I saw that they played Jacob's Ladder. I was psyched for the show in only 12 days. I got home and turned on periscope as they were playing Xanadu. I never expected for the double necks to come out. Lakeside Park was a serious (welcomed) curveball. But perhaps the coolest moment for me was Geddy saying "This is one off of our debut album." I thought he was talking about Working Man, or maybe In The Mood. I never in a thousand years expected him to say the name of one of my favorite 70s Rush songs, "What you're Doing." I expected for them to go into The Seeker or a similar song from Feedback or even a new cover (For Your Love perhaps?), but I think the Garden Road snippet was a wonderful nod. I am grateful that I was able to experience the show twice and see them for what sadly was almost certainly the last time. I regret passing up an opportunity to go to LA, but Im grateful for what I saw. Kansas City was by far the best of the times I saw them. Band was on fire, crowd rivaled the descriptions I've heard of those in Cleveland and Pittsburgh. Although it wasn't in the show, I was able to stand by an open door at the Sprint Center and hear them sound checking one of my all time favorite songs, and arguably my favorite Rush song, Losing It. I treasure that. What an amazing band. They are to be missed, and I hope they'll be back, but I think we all know that they realistically won't do it. Good for them, I say. Geddy and Al seemed to have a great time at the RRHOF inductions last month! If they can keep doing that type of stuff, I imagine that'll fulfill their desire to perform.

Edited by DistantEarlySignals, 08 May 2017 - 10:51 PM.

#1749 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

Beauty and the Bass

• Members
  • 21764 posts
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 08 May 2017 - 10:56 PM

It is hard to believe it's been that long. In some ways it seems like yesterday.

#1750 theredtamasrule

theredtamasrule

The Elitist Booby Type

• Members
  • 8902 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 12:55 AM

That periscope was a blast.

#1751 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 42114 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 09:14 AM

View Posttheredtamasrule, on 09 May 2017 - 12:55 AM, said:

That periscope was a blast.

A lot of them were.  Some of them I laughed so hard.  We had a good time, that's for sure.

#1752 Brucey

Brucey

Babycat's Nemesis

• Members *
  • 8888 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 02:55 PM

I remember some people having massive hissy fits when they started with 3 Clockwork Angels songs, and soon after that those people looked very silly!

#1753 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

Beauty and the Bass

• Members
  • 21764 posts
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 09 May 2017 - 05:29 PM

View PostBrucey, on 09 May 2017 - 02:55 PM, said:

I remember some people having massive hissy fits when they started with 3 Clockwork Angels songs, and soon after that those people looked very silly!

I hated that they wasted time doing that. There were so many other songs that they could've done.

#1754 TexMike

TexMike

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1292 posts
  • Interests:Music, photography, travel

Posted 11 May 2017 - 12:03 AM

I had to avoid this forum for the first few shows because I didn't want to know everything ahead of seeing it in person.  So I didn't get to share the joy of opening night via Periscope.  I was here for many later shows and it was always great fun, but man, seeing it all unfold for that first time - in real time - must have been truly amazing.  I'm still jealous that I missed it!

Edited by TexMike, 11 May 2017 - 12:05 AM.

#1755 ytserush

ytserush

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3899 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 09:16 PM

View PostBrucey, on 09 May 2017 - 02:55 PM, said:

That was a highlight for me. It was great hearing those songs without the orchestra. The orchestra was awesome, but it was great to get the different arrangement. Nice to have both.

#1756 YYZ Working Man

YYZ Working Man

Solar Federalist

• Members
  • 2164 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 12:12 AM

Amimate was awesome

#1757 tomhealey

tomhealey

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 599 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 09:22 PM

I got to see Tulsa and Lincoln.  Needless to say, I understood Lincoln more than Tulsa early on during the show.  What a great time.

#1758 tomhealey

tomhealey

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 599 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 09:22 PM

I wish that I could live it all again!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users