Fate

Unbridledlust

Isn't it amazing that these three guys, out of all the humans in the world, were able to come together and do what they were born to do? Not just that, but with perfect compliment to each other's individual brand of musical genius??

Like they were always three parts of a whole that just needed to find each other?

Personally I am sort of blown away by that...

• Like 5

Im just thinking about what would have happened to Rush if they didnt pick Neil for their new drummer

They would have ended up in a completely different place since Neil became their primary lyricist...

Did Geddy or Alex write any after he came onboard?

Geddy

Best I Can

Tears

I Think Im Going Bald

Cinderella Man

Different Strings

Alex

Lessons

All collaborated on Chemistry

Best I Can is one of my favs for sure!

Thanks for the info

• Like 1

Isn't it amazing that these three guys, out of all the humans in the world, were able to come together and do what they were born to do? Not just that, but with perfect compliment to each other's individual brand of musical genius??

Like they were always three parts of a whole that just needed to find each other?

I always wonder how they came across Neil in the first place. He auditioned but who recommended him for the gig? Maybe I have heard this but I have forgotten.

Geddy

Best I Can

Tears

I Think Im Going Bald

Cinderella Man

Different Strings

Alex

Lessons

Thanks for the info

Lessons and Cinderella Man two in my top 20 or 25 all time...
  • Like 1

Geddy

Best I Can

Tears

I Think Im Going Bald

Cinderella Man

Different Strings

Alex

Lessons

Thanks for the info

One of the best things about being a new fan is getting to discover all the gems! I will check these out :)

• Like 3

I always wonder how they came across Neil in the first place. He auditioned but who recommended him for the gig? Maybe I have heard this but I have forgotten.

The gods were watching...and listening...

I'd hate to think it was also 'fate' for Rutsey to be ill though. I listen to their first album and I love it, but when I hear anything after Neil joined I just think....yeah, thats it...that's perfect.

• Like 1

Geddy

Best I Can

Tears

I Think Im Going Bald

Cinderella Man

Different Strings

Alex

Lessons

Thanks for the info

One of the best things about being a new fan is getting to discover all the gems! I will check these out :)

Do that. All of 2112 and A Farewell To Kings are great in my view...
  • Like 3

Do that. All of 2112 and A Farewell To Kings are great in my view...

I had actually owned 2112 for the longest time, since I worked at a music store for a while and was trying to mk sure I had all the 'must haves' in my collection, regardless of whether I listened to them now or later.

I listened to 2112 for the first time a few days ago...twice in a row, and really enjoyed.

I tend to mainline stuff until I'm bordering on sick of it, then I save it for special occasions.

Seems to me it's chemistry.

Yeah for sure, but on the most important level...their musical abilities :)

Ged and Alex were meant to be bonded the way they are...and I hope they always stay that way

Neil seems to be standoffish...

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Neil was an Aspie actually

Ged and Alex were meant to be bonded the way they are...and I hope they always stay that way

Good1... :sigh:

That's not a very popular thought around here. There have been some pretty heated debates in the past about it by a few members who shall remain nameless. :LOL: Neil seems to be plenty friendly and outgoing with the people he knows and feels comfortable with. It's just when the "fan thing" comes up that he has issues. He just wants to be an everyday guy.

• Like 4

Off topic, but I love your avatar, Unbridledlust :)

Can never be to many cat lovers around here in my view... :cheers:
  • Like 4

That's not a very popular thought around here. There have been some pretty heated debates in the past about it by a few members who shall remain nameless. :LOL: Neil seems to be plenty friendly and outgoing with the people he knows and feels comfortable with. It's just when the "fan thing" comes up that he has issues. He just wants to be an everyday guy.

What is an Aspie?

I'm finding out that I am less and less hip, every day... :huh:

:codger:

• Like 1

What is an Aspie?

I'm finding out that I am less and less hip, every day... :huh:

:codger:

:LMAO: Me too my friend. There is whole other language going on out there I haven't a clue about...

Oops forgot... :codger:

Edited by Narpsberg
  • Like 1

I thought that for a while--but my wife teaches autistic kids and after being around a bunch of kids with aspergers I have changed my opinion.

I think he is an introvert with a knob-headed streak--He has shared more about his life and philosophies(through his writings) than any other rock musician that I know of.

He just likes to be left alone unless he is with people he wants to be with.

• Like 2

So that's an Aspie? Is that what that's referring to??

Rather indelicate, if you ask me (yeah, I know- no one asked me). But maybe it's an accepted term, and I'm just not aware of it.

Edited by Blue J
  • Like 1

Rather indelicate, if you ask me (yeah, I know- no one asked me). But maybe it's an accepted term, and I'm just not aware of it.

I've never heard it referred to that way but I knew that's what she meant. Yes. Asperger Syndrome. People keep mentioning it in relation to Neil.

The gods were watching...and listening...

I'd hate to think it was also 'fate' for Rutsey to be ill though. I listen to their first album and I love it, but when I hear anything after Neil joined I just think....yeah, thats it...that's perfect.

I don't think it was fate for Rutsey to be ill, but it he certainly was fated to not be in the band for the long run.

It is an accepted nickname for Asperger's Syndrome. A friend with Asperger's calls himself that. It is a diagnosis on the Autistic spectrum, but not as bad. In general, Aspies are intelligent people that have at least moderate social anxieties. Here's the wikipedia article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asperger_syndrome

• Like 1