Jump to content


Fate


  • Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 Unbridledlust

Unbridledlust

    Long Awaited Froind

  • Members
  • 20 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Southern CA, USA
  • Interests:Music, gardening, forestry, cats, cooking, DIY

Posted 27 April 2015 - 02:34 PM

Isn't it amazing that these three guys, out of all the humans in the world, were able to come together and do what they were born to do? Not just that, but with perfect compliment to each other's individual brand of musical genius??
Like they were always three parts of a whole that just needed to find each other?
Personally I am sort of blown away by that...


Sponsored Post

#2 Bigbobby10

Bigbobby10

    Solar Federalist

  • Members *
  • 2876 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 27 April 2015 - 02:54 PM

Im just thinking about what would have happened to Rush if they didnt pick Neil for their new drummer

#3 Unbridledlust

Unbridledlust

    Long Awaited Froind

  • Members
  • 20 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Southern CA, USA
  • Interests:Music, gardening, forestry, cats, cooking, DIY

Posted 27 April 2015 - 02:57 PM

View Postbigbobby10, on 27 April 2015 - 02:54 PM, said:

Im just thinking about what would have happened to Rush if they didnt pick Neil for their new drummer

They would have ended up in a completely different place since Neil became their primary lyricist...
Did Geddy or Alex write any after he came onboard?

#4 Digital Dad

Digital Dad

    The Dad Abides

  • Members
  • 10260 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 27 April 2015 - 03:01 PM

Geddy
Best I Can
Tears
I Think Im Going Bald
Cinderella Man
Different Strings

Alex
Lessons

All collaborated on Chemistry


#5 Unbridledlust

Unbridledlust

    Long Awaited Froind

  • Members
  • 20 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Southern CA, USA
  • Interests:Music, gardening, forestry, cats, cooking, DIY

Posted 27 April 2015 - 03:02 PM

View PostDigital Dad, on 27 April 2015 - 03:01 PM, said:

Geddy
Best I Can
Tears
I Think Im Going Bald
Cinderella Man
Different Strings

Alex
Lessons

All collaborated on Chemistry

Best I Can is one of my favs for sure!
Thanks for the info

#6 Digital Dad

Digital Dad

    The Dad Abides

  • Members
  • 10260 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 27 April 2015 - 03:02 PM

View PostUnbridledlust, on 27 April 2015 - 02:34 PM, said:

Isn't it amazing that these three guys, out of all the humans in the world, were able to come together and do what they were born to do? Not just that, but with perfect compliment to each other's individual brand of musical genius??
Like they were always three parts of a whole that just needed to find each other?
Personally I am sort of blown away by that...

I always wonder how they came across Neil in the first place. He auditioned but who recommended him for the gig? Maybe I have heard this but I have forgotten.

#7 Digital Dad

Digital Dad

    The Dad Abides

  • Members
  • 10260 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 27 April 2015 - 03:03 PM

View PostUnbridledlust, on 27 April 2015 - 03:02 PM, said:

View PostDigital Dad, on 27 April 2015 - 03:01 PM, said:

Geddy
Best I Can
Tears
I Think Im Going Bald
Cinderella Man
Different Strings

Alex
Lessons

All collaborated on Chemistry

Best I Can is one of my favs for sure!
Thanks for the info

I think it was written before Neil joined tho.

#8 Narps

Narps

    Official TRF Pace Car Driver

  • Members
  • 27720 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Myrtle Beach SC
  • Interests:Exercise, my children, my new grandchildren(twin boys), the rest of my life...

Posted 27 April 2015 - 03:08 PM

View PostUnbridledlust, on 27 April 2015 - 03:02 PM, said:

View PostDigital Dad, on 27 April 2015 - 03:01 PM, said:

Geddy
Best I Can
Tears
I Think Im Going Bald
Cinderella Man
Different Strings

Alex
Lessons

All collaborated on Chemistry

Best I Can is one of my favs for sure!
Thanks for the info
Lessons and Cinderella Man two in my top 20 or 25 all time...

#9 Unbridledlust

Unbridledlust

    Long Awaited Froind

  • Members
  • 20 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Southern CA, USA
  • Interests:Music, gardening, forestry, cats, cooking, DIY

Posted 27 April 2015 - 03:11 PM

View PostNarpsberg, on 27 April 2015 - 03:08 PM, said:

View PostUnbridledlust, on 27 April 2015 - 03:02 PM, said:

View PostDigital Dad, on 27 April 2015 - 03:01 PM, said:

Geddy
Best I Can
Tears
I Think Im Going Bald
Cinderella Man
Different Strings

Alex
Lessons

All collaborated on Chemistry

Best I Can is one of my favs for sure!
Thanks for the info
Lessons and Cinderella Man two in my top 20 or 25 all time...

One of the best things about being a new fan is getting to discover all the gems! I will check these out :)

#10 Unbridledlust

Unbridledlust

    Long Awaited Froind

  • Members
  • 20 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Southern CA, USA
  • Interests:Music, gardening, forestry, cats, cooking, DIY

Posted 27 April 2015 - 03:17 PM

View PostDigital Dad, on 27 April 2015 - 03:02 PM, said:

View PostUnbridledlust, on 27 April 2015 - 02:34 PM, said:

Isn't it amazing that these three guys, out of all the humans in the world, were able to come together and do what they were born to do? Not just that, but with perfect compliment to each other's individual brand of musical genius??
Like they were always three parts of a whole that just needed to find each other?
Personally I am sort of blown away by that...

I always wonder how they came across Neil in the first place. He auditioned but who recommended him for the gig? Maybe I have heard this but I have forgotten.
The gods were watching...and listening...
I'd hate to think it was also 'fate' for Rutsey to be ill though. I listen to their first album and I love it, but when I hear anything after Neil joined I just think....yeah, thats it...that's perfect.

#11 Narps

Narps

    Official TRF Pace Car Driver

  • Members
  • 27720 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Myrtle Beach SC
  • Interests:Exercise, my children, my new grandchildren(twin boys), the rest of my life...

Posted 27 April 2015 - 03:35 PM

View PostUnbridledlust, on 27 April 2015 - 03:11 PM, said:

View PostNarpsberg, on 27 April 2015 - 03:08 PM, said:

View PostUnbridledlust, on 27 April 2015 - 03:02 PM, said:

View PostDigital Dad, on 27 April 2015 - 03:01 PM, said:

Geddy
Best I Can
Tears
I Think Im Going Bald
Cinderella Man
Different Strings

Alex
Lessons

All collaborated on Chemistry

Best I Can is one of my favs for sure!
Thanks for the info
Lessons and Cinderella Man two in my top 20 or 25 all time...

One of the best things about being a new fan is getting to discover all the gems! I will check these out :)
Do that. All of 2112 and A Farewell To Kings are great in my view...

#12 Unbridledlust

Unbridledlust

    Long Awaited Froind

  • Members
  • 20 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Southern CA, USA
  • Interests:Music, gardening, forestry, cats, cooking, DIY

Posted 27 April 2015 - 03:46 PM

View PostNarpsberg, on 27 April 2015 - 03:35 PM, said:


Do that. All of 2112 and A Farewell To Kings are great in my view...

I had actually owned 2112 for the longest time, since I worked at a music store for a while and was trying to mk sure I had all the 'must haves' in my collection, regardless of whether I listened to them now or later.
I listened to 2112 for the first time a few days ago...twice in a row, and really enjoyed.
I tend to mainline stuff until I'm bordering on sick of it, then I save it for special occasions.

#13 toymaker

toymaker

    The God Of Balance

  • Members
  • 5896 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ontario
  • Interests:Songwriting and recording, cycling, movies, guitar and bass collecting

Posted 27 April 2015 - 03:47 PM

Seems to me it's chemistry.

#14 Unbridledlust

Unbridledlust

    Long Awaited Froind

  • Members
  • 20 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Southern CA, USA
  • Interests:Music, gardening, forestry, cats, cooking, DIY

Posted 27 April 2015 - 03:56 PM

View Posttoymaker, on 27 April 2015 - 03:47 PM, said:

Seems to me it's chemistry.

Yeah for sure, but on the most important level...their musical abilities :)
Ged and Alex were meant to be bonded the way they are...and I hope they always stay that way
Neil seems to be standoffish...
It wouldn't surprise me at all if Neil was an Aspie actually

#15 Narps

Narps

    Official TRF Pace Car Driver

  • Members
  • 27720 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Myrtle Beach SC
  • Interests:Exercise, my children, my new grandchildren(twin boys), the rest of my life...

Posted 27 April 2015 - 03:58 PM

View PostUnbridledlust, on 27 April 2015 - 03:56 PM, said:

View Posttoymaker, on 27 April 2015 - 03:47 PM, said:

Seems to me it's chemistry.

Yeah for sure, but on the most important level...their musical abilities :)
Ged and Alex were meant to be bonded the way they are...and I hope they always stay that way
Neil seems to be standoffish...
It wouldn't surprise me at all if Neil was an Aspie actually

View Posttoymaker, on 27 April 2015 - 03:47 PM, said:

Seems to me it's chemistry.
Good1... :sigh:

#16 Your_Lion

Your_Lion

    Professor Gumby

  • Members
  • 63066 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:West Yorkshire, UK
  • Interests:All I ever really wanted to do was play the guitar 'n bend the string like "Reent-toont-teent-toont-teenooneenoonee"

Posted 28 April 2015 - 05:20 AM

Off topic, but I love your avatar, Unbridledlust :)

#17 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

    Beauty and the Bass

  • Members
  • 21764 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Phoenix, Arizona
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 28 April 2015 - 05:37 AM

View PostUnbridledlust, on 27 April 2015 - 03:56 PM, said:

Neil seems to be standoffish...
It wouldn't surprise me at all if Neil was an Aspie actually

That's not a very popular thought around here. There have been some pretty heated debates in the past about it by a few members who shall remain nameless. :lol:  Neil seems to be plenty friendly and outgoing with the people he knows and feels comfortable with. It's just when the "fan thing" comes up that he has issues. He just wants to be an everyday guy.

#18 Narps

Narps

    Official TRF Pace Car Driver

  • Members
  • 27720 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Myrtle Beach SC
  • Interests:Exercise, my children, my new grandchildren(twin boys), the rest of my life...

Posted 28 April 2015 - 08:35 AM

View PostYour_Lion, on 28 April 2015 - 05:20 AM, said:

Off topic, but I love your avatar, Unbridledlust :)
Can never be to many cat lovers around here in my view... :cheers:

#19 Blue J

Blue J

    Official SOCN Designated Driver

  • Members *
  • 17666 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 28 April 2015 - 08:42 AM

View PostEagleMoon, on 28 April 2015 - 05:37 AM, said:

View PostUnbridledlust, on 27 April 2015 - 03:56 PM, said:

Neil seems to be standoffish...
It wouldn't surprise me at all if Neil was an Aspie actually

That's not a very popular thought around here. There have been some pretty heated debates in the past about it by a few members who shall remain nameless. :lol:  Neil seems to be plenty friendly and outgoing with the people he knows and feels comfortable with. It's just when the "fan thing" comes up that he has issues. He just wants to be an everyday guy.

What is an Aspie?


I'm finding out that I am less and less hip, every day... :huh:

:codger:

#20 Narps

Narps

    Official TRF Pace Car Driver

  • Members
  • 27720 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Myrtle Beach SC
  • Interests:Exercise, my children, my new grandchildren(twin boys), the rest of my life...

Posted 28 April 2015 - 08:46 AM

View PostBlue J, on 28 April 2015 - 08:42 AM, said:

View PostEagleMoon, on 28 April 2015 - 05:37 AM, said:

View PostUnbridledlust, on 27 April 2015 - 03:56 PM, said:

Neil seems to be standoffish...
It wouldn't surprise me at all if Neil was an Aspie actually

That's not a very popular thought around here. There have been some pretty heated debates in the past about it by a few members who shall remain nameless. :lol:  Neil seems to be plenty friendly and outgoing with the people he knows and feels comfortable with. It's just when the "fan thing" comes up that he has issues. He just wants to be an everyday guy.

What is an Aspie?


I'm finding out that I am less and less hip, every day... :huh:

:codger:
:LMAO: Me too my friend. There is whole other language going on out there I haven't a clue about...

Oops forgot... :codger:

Edited by Narpsberg, 28 April 2015 - 08:46 AM.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users