cameras

okietiger

Are they going to allow cameras at the shows? I know time machine tour they did. If they do then what type are allowed and not allowed?

Usually if it's not an SLR and just a pocket camera you'll be fine. They don't want cameras with removable lenses.

• Like 1

Yeah, cell phones and point and shoots are usually ok. When I was front row last tour, Michael Mosbach at one point discouraged me from taking more photos, but to be fair, I had my camera up for a very long time, taking tons of shots that mostly were too blurry or badly timed, during the drum solo. I had the flash off, but where I was standing up front, Neil's face was almost always obstructed by drums, so it took a lot of shots to get any where his face was peeking thru all the small toms.

I think all cameras and smartphones should be banned.

I don't think they should be banned...just that the people using need to just sit back and enjoy the show.... I like snapping a few pictures to "capture the memory"...but if I get one or two that look clear, then I'm done! (well until the star comes out for 2112!)

• Like 6

Your cell phone is not a lighter.

DO NOT HOLD IT UP during 'Closer to the Heart'

Your cell phone should be put away for 3 hours.

Disconnect and Experience Rush. The world will be perfectly fine without you for 3 hours.

• Like 7

What kind of Dumbass would want to ban cameras? I bet you would like to ban recorders too "because we are stealing the music" !!!
  • Like 1

What kind of Dumbass would want to ban cameras? I bet you would like to ban recorders too "because we are stealing the music" !!!

You calling the band a dumbass? Them's fightin' words there Willis.

:LOL:

• Like 1

I'd say that it's 99% the venue... Hershey has that printed on all of their tickets, and it's a hassle to get stuff into shows where the band even allows you to tape! I was at a Dave Matthews show a few years back, and the dude collecting tickets was giving the guy in front of me a hard time because "you can't bring that stuff in here!" Um...yes you can!

I'd say that it's 99% the venue... Hershey has that printed on all of their tickets, and it's a hassle to get stuff into shows where the band even allows you to tape! I was at a Dave Matthews show a few years back, and the dude collecting tickets was giving the guy in front of me a hard time because "you can't bring that stuff in here!" Um...yes you can!

I know the Verizon Wireless Amphitheater in Atlanta wouldnt let people take bottled water in on this last tour. Most all of the tickets I've gotten the past few years say no cameras.

I know the Verizon Wireless Amphitheater in Atlanta wouldnt let people take bottled water in on this last tour. Most all of the tickets I've gotten the past few years say no cameras.

Hell, Hershey gives you grief for drinking beer in the parking lot because they want you to buy THEIR beer's inside...God help ya if you tried to take a water in and not buy theirs! Hershey is all about greed...bottom line!

Hell, Hershey gives you grief for drinking beer in the parking lot because they want you to buy THEIR beer's inside...God help ya if you tried to take a water in and not buy theirs! Hershey is all about greed...bottom line!

That's how they make their money, and I kind of get that. But that's kind of ridiculous.

(Assuming you're talking about Giant Center) They have to pay for that cockamamie road into the venue (that takes you completely around the entire building to where you pay to park, which then takes you back around to the lots by the main road you came from) somehow!

(Assuming you're talking about Giant Center) They have to pay for that cockamamie road into the venue (that takes you completely around the entire building to where you pay to park, which then takes you back around to the lots by the main road you came from) somehow!

Giant Center, the Stadium et.al.... Not just that pathetic road system, Hershey is just a f*cking GREED machine!

You mind will make better memories than your smartphone ever will.

I agree that the camera policy depends on the venue. Most places are Ok with point and shoots and cell cameras, although security will usually tell you to take it down it you're filiming it as a long video. I don't recall seeing a movable lens camera without a press pass. At one show two tours ago, a security guy in the pit was hassling a guy next to me about use of a camera, and Alex came over and told the security guy it was OK, let the guy shoot his pix. A cool moment.
  • Like 1

Giant Center, the Stadium et.al.... Not just that pathetic road system, Hershey is just a f*cking GREED machine!

Once I'm inside a venue, I don't buy a damn thing other than swag.

Once I'm inside a venue, I don't buy a damn thing other than swag.

I usually buy something to drink. A $7.00 Mountain Dew. :|