Am I the only one?

Fat Stick

I'm far from the type of guy that EVER cries... not that there's anything wrong with that, BUT...

Every time I hear 'Marathon', my eyes well up, and I get a warm body rush.

It has no special meaning like an old relationship or anything... it just has a crazy effect on my entire soul.

Anyone else get that? (From any Rush song)

Edited by Fat Stick
  • Like 3

I can't say I have from any Rush song.

The only song I can think of that was ever "moving" to me musically was High Hopes by Pink Floyd. Just the way the song is written and arranged, it hit me pretty hard.

Anything past the music such as the concept or lyrical content has always been a disconnect with me, so nothing's ever moved me from that perspective.

• Like 2

Many great and touching songs but only In The End live hits home that way for me. ATWAS in general does that to me but In The End in particular. The first album I ever bought... :codger:
  • Like 5

When the main character becomes depressed...I just die a little bit.

• Like 1

Yes, a few Rush songs do either or both:

Xanadu

Hemispheres

La Villa

The Pass

Dreamline

The Garden

The last three songs, certain lyrics almost make my eyes fill up.

Losing It? I thought that was one of them. It gets to me but I don't listen to it much... :codger:

I can't say I have from any Rush song.

High Hopes by Pink Floyd. Just the way the song is written and arranged, it hit me pretty hard.

The Grass was GREENER!

• Like 1

Xanadu

Hemispheres

La Villa

The Pass

Dreamline

The Garden

Losing It? I thought that was one of them. It gets to me but I don't listen to it much... :codger:

I forgot that one. You are right. It is for that reason I rarely listen to it, and I rarely listen to The Garden.

Have a hug. :hug2:

• Like 1

Xanadu

Hemispheres

La Villa

The Pass

Dreamline

The Garden

I forgot that one. You are right. It is for that reason I rarely listen to it, and I rarely listen to The Garden.

Have a hug. :hug2:

Don't mind if I do... :hug2:
  • Like 1

I'm far from the type of guy that EVER cries... not that there's anything wrong with that, BUT...

Every time I hear 'Marathon', my eyes well up, and I get a warm body rush.

It has no special meaning like an old relationship or anything... it just has a crazy effect on my entire soul.

Anyone else get that? (From any Rush song)

Yeah,

When that solo kicks in it gives me the chills. :Alex:

• Like 1

Xanadu and 2112 in particular do it to me. I still get a rush every time I hear the beginning of either song.

• Like 2

I think the first time I heard "Nobody's Hero" I got a little teary-eyed. Same thing with "Losing It".

Losing It? Oh nevermind you're age is "unknown". I figured you for a much younger lady and that song would seem to have more impact on the elderly like me. Never mind. Moving on... :codger: :cheers:
  • Like 1

I think the first time I heard "Nobody's Hero" I got a little teary-eyed. Same thing with "Losing It".

Losing It? Oh nevermind you're age is "unknown". I figured you for a much younger lady and that song would seem to have more impact on the elderly like me. Never mind. Moving on... :codger: :cheers:

Define "much" younger. ;)

Define "much" younger. ;)

Compared to me I would consider 25 years or so to be much younger. My kids are 25 and 28. Somewhere in that range. Heck 40 could be considered "much younger" than me... :LOL:
  • Like 2

Dude...they weren''t elderly when they wrote it...they were practically womb fresh

Dude...they weren''t elderly when they wrote it...they were practically womb fresh

Doesn't matter how old they were when they recorded it. The audience it is meant to "touch" is pretty obvious...
  • Like 1

"Marathon" is a fantastic tune - in fact, you might say its structure mirrors that of an actual marathon, complete with "heartbreak hill" section and the final kick at the end.

I love the live version on ASOH. The ending is quite cinematic.

• Like 2