Can we please stop complaining?

DirkPrattLerxst

Can we please stop complaining about Ged's aging voice? He's in his 60s, cut him some slack. It's what touring for 40 years does to you. Everyone's voice ages. Just be glad they're still touring. Edited by DirkPrattLerxst
  • Like 6

You won't hear any complaints from me, DPL. I appreciate his efforts, although you can't deny the struggle. I agree he sounds pretty good for a guy his age.
  • Like 5

I'm not complaining. just being observant and honest in the fact his vocals........uh.....erm.....are a tad swiss. and he uh..........can't......form words as well?

um....... :outtahere:

Mick

• Like 3

I'm not complaining. just being observant and honest in the fact his vocals........uh.....erm.....are a tad swiss. and he uh..........can't......form words as well?

Mick

I agree, he yodels. But at this point, it's the only way he can keep his voice for touring.

• Like 1

Complaining and keep'in it real and having some fun along the way are two different things. I love when someone comes by and says he sounds great. Won't take long either. Love Ged regardless...
  • Like 4

Mick

It's nice to see you qualifying your thoughts a bit here, Mick! The generalizations are not nearly as sweeping! :P

• Like 1

I'm not complaining, his voice has changed, yes.....a fact of life, but the voice is not shoot...not like say Paul Stanley of Kiss. There is a huge difference there...
  • Like 2

reminds me of the forum before the last tour...which is why I got into entertaining myself...hence the YBG. The bitching is just too much. Most of the people who complain never buy a ticket I've noticed. Why even voice the complaint? Just take what we get and STFU
  • Like 3

And will not pretend problems don';t exist. I was raised to not mince words and i will not for someone else's comfort.

Mick

You need to experience corporate America...it's the best

Edited by Tombstone Mountain
  • Like 3

Personally, as a guitar player, singing is the last thing I pay attention to. Singers are grossly overrated, with some exceptions (ok I'll consider Ged as an exception just to avoid complaints). You can only do so much with a voice that makes sense within context of a song. Whereas, with an instrument, the sky's the limit.

I never give grief about Ged's aging voice. Hell, we put up with the chipmunks on helium comments about it in the 70s. Personally I'm good if he really cuts back his singing and they do more instrumentals, or, (blasphemy), bring in another younger singer to cover the more difficult vocals and maybe some backing guitar/keyboards. That would allow Ged to free himself up and just jam on bass.

Listen.......i still LOVE ged.........but i will nor pretend like the problems are not there. I was raised to not mince words and i will not for someone else's comfort.

Mick

Well truth is truth. I agree with you. No need to sugarcoat it. He can't sing like he used to 10 years ago or even 8 years ago. He still sounded pretty good on the Snakes & Arrows tour, but once Time Machine came around he really went downhill. I love him too but his voice is pretty shot.

• Like 4

Listen.......i still LOVE ged.........but i will nor pretend like the problems are not there. I was raised to not mince words and i will not for someone else's comfort.

Mick

Well truth is truth. I agree with you. No need to sugarcoat it. He can't sing like he used to 10 years ago or even 8 years ago. He still sounded pretty good on the Snakes & Arrows tour, but once Time Machine came around he really went downhill. I love him too but his voice is pretty shot.

yup......and if they release new albums i will buy and support. still a fan no matter what i say or if i think ged is declining.

Mick

• Like 3

Cough......no vocal training......cough........constant wailing in the 70's.

I'd be amazed if he didn't start some vocal training by the late '80's. Do we know fo'sho?

He was on a show the other day with Michael Chabon and they were discussing his voice. He will not speak the day after a show to save his voice but he will speak at dinner only with whomever he has dinner with. He will not do consecutive shows anymore. He claims that he cannot.

I'm thrilled that they are out there at all. There are songs the audience can sing at this point and give Ged a break.

• Like 7

Mick

I think it's ironic that you have a problem with Geddy's voice and have an avatar of Tom Waits. He has ALWAYS had a crappy voice! :D

Edited by mandydog
  • Like 5

Mick

I think it's ironic that you have a problem with Geddy's voice and have an avatar of Tom Waits. He has ALWAYS had a crappy voice! :D

I love Tom Waits--and you are every ounce of correct!

• Like 2

Mick

ok.....my insane rational for that........ready.......

Ged had a voice to lose.

tom really never did.......it's like complaining Dylan lost his voice,

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 4

He was on a show the other day with Michael Chabon and they were discussing his voice. He will not speak the day after a show to save his voice but he will speak at dinner only with whomever he has dinner with. He will not do consecutive shows anymore. He claims that he cannot.

I'm thrilled that they are out there at all. There are songs the audience can sing at this point and give Ged a break.

^^^ :cheers: Nice. Let us sing. We can do it... :)
  • Like 2

^^^ :cheers: Nice. Let us sing. We can do it... :)

no no.......segue will demand Tai Shan.......shhhhhhhh.

Mick

• Like 2