Last Spoiler Alert

johnnyonthespot

2 minutes is not really much of a break for vocals, and in that case why not LIMBO?

Because it's terrible?

Edited by Del_Duio
  • Like 1

2 minutes is not really much of a break for vocals, and in that case why not LIMBO?

Because it's terrible?

limbo is not terrible

can YOU play it?

What does one have to do with the other? There are a lot of songs I think are terrible, but can't play. Does that mean they are automatically great songs?

What if he can play it? Does that still make it terrible?

For the record I'm against Limbo as well, and I can probably play it, so I guess my opinion is more valid? :)

Because it's terrible?

limbo is not terrible

can YOU play it?

What does one have to do with the other? There are a lot of songs I think are terrible, but can't play. Does that mean they are automatically great songs?

For the record I'm against Limbo as well, and I can probably play it, so I guess my opinion is more valid? :)

Dude, LIMBO Sucks! I mean it really really Sucks!
  • Like 1

Because it's terrible?

limbo is not terrible

can YOU play it?

I can play it but I don't think it's a very good song. Worst of their instrumentals by far.

• Like 1

honestly i brought up limbo more because even though i dug malignant narcissism a lot when it was released I'm kind of tired of it and felt it only belonged on the S&A tour. for rarities sake i mentioned limbo as an instrumental, while not a terrible song by any means i am not dying to hear it but wouldn't have a problem with it either.

i am kinda surprised all this dislike towards it, its got a sweet drum and bass groove. obviously their best instrumental is la villa, after that i guess you would have to say yyz. after that i feel like limbo interests me a bit more than leave that thing alone or malignant narcissism.

Edited by mrfriendly

If anything resembling this type of setlist materializes (from what we've heard so far) I am officially done with this band. Sick of the half-@ssed bullchit decisions and excuses. Lay down a legendary setlist or just phuck off, eh? Edited by GeminiRising79

If anything resembling this type of setlist materializes (from what we've heard so far) I am officially done with this band. Sick of the half-@ssed bullchit decisions and excuses. Lay down a legendary setlist or just phuck off, eh?

Yeah yeah, we've heard it before. :LOL:

• Like 1

I can't wait till we get some REAL spoilers like from people that have been to the first couple shows so all this speculation will cease. Then we can all start waning, waxing and chewing on what has been decided for us.

P.S.

I know I have been guilty of the set list speculation as well

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory

nothing wrong with a little speculation. I think it's funny how invested some folks get in a song, or an album or an era that they want to hear and nothing else will do.

40 years of music into one 2 to 2 1/2 hour set list--I can imagine being able to please everyone.

funny thing is I know I will go to the concert and be perfectly content with one more Rush show under my belt.

If anything resembling this type of setlist materializes (from what we've heard so far) I am officially done with this band. Sick of the half-@ssed bullchit decisions and excuses. Lay down a legendary setlist or just phuck off, eh?

so it's either

1. fountain of lamneth

2. hemispheres

3. necromancer

4. jacobs ladder

5. xanadu

or f**k off?

I do like gemini's posts, though. I can't wait for opening night when they end up playing second nature or some crazy shit, and seeing gemini say again what he's been saying since before I was born: "I am DONE with this band!"
  • Like 1

so it's either

1. fountain of lamneth

2. hemispheres

3. necromancer

4. jacobs ladder

5. xanadu

or f**k off?

This is exactly why Rush can't please everybody. Seriously I don't understand this niche obsession with songs 1,3,4....especially 4. Rush already made those songs obsolete with 2112, Cygnus, Hemispheres, and Xanadu :facepalm:

so it's either

1. fountain of lamneth

2. hemispheres

3. necromancer

4. jacobs ladder

5. xanadu

or f**k off?

This is exactly why Rush can't please everybody. Seriously I don't understand this niche obsession with songs 1,3,4....especially 4. Rush already made those songs obsolete with 2112, Cygnus, Hemispheres, and Xanadu :facepalm:

What do you mean the songs are "obsolete"? Songs are like operating systems? They're all frickin' great tunes I never really get sick of listening to. What's with the obsolete?

Huh? Huh?

Edited by toymaker
  • Like 1

Because it's terrible?

limbo is not terrible

can YOU play it?

Just to let you know, yer talking to a bass guru. Limbo is no problem. Trust me--I'm a bass player. Let him have his opinion, and carry on. Here's Duio:

• Like 1

how about Neil play like 3 or so drum sets throughout the night. as the night goes on he plays the kits he used to play during those years and tours. geddy play different basses and same with alex and his guitars. it seems like a farewell tour.