#21 Christo

Christo

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 10:54 PM

View PostFOH Lights, on 23 April 2015 - 10:26 PM, said:

View Postjohnnyonthespot, on 23 April 2015 - 03:42 PM, said:

This will be the last Spoiler, unfortunately hes done working there and won't be going back.
:facepalm: No offense, but... good.

In an unprecedented move, the band/management has made EVERYONE involved in the tour so far, sign ND agreements (Non Disclosure). In layman's terms, by signing one, you legally agree to: Keep your f***ing mouth shut about everything!

Whether his info is accurate or not, this "spoiler source" who signed one of those agreements, chose to thumb his nose at it and rather, share alleged info with someone who admittedly opened at least one account on a forum, to specifically go public with it.

Your "source" is a person of little character who has zero respect for the Rush organization. And neither do you, My Friend... neither do you.

Er, you know for a fact that the source signed one of those agreements? You do realise that at this stage of the process there will be quite a few people who are not part of the Rush organisation who will have had the opportunity to hear rehearsals?

Sponsored Post

#22 mrfriendly

mrfriendly

The Seeker

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 10:56 PM

View PostChristo, on 23 April 2015 - 10:54 PM, said:

This will be the last Spoiler, unfortunately hes done working there and won't be going back.

In an unprecedented move, the band/management has made EVERYONE involved in the tour so far, sign ND agreements (Non Disclosure). In layman's terms, by signing one, you legally agree to: Keep your f***ing mouth shut about everything!

Whether his info is accurate or not, this "spoiler source" who signed one of those agreements, chose to thumb his nose at it and rather, share alleged info with someone who admittedly opened at least one account on a forum, to specifically go public with it.

Your "source" is a person of little character who has zero respect for the Rush organization. And neither do you, My Friend... neither do you.

Er, you know for a fact that the source signed one of those agreements? You do realise that at this stage of the process there will be quite a few people who are not part of the Rush organisation who will have had the opportunity to hear rehearsals?

when this johnny guy first made the post about hemispheres into far cry he did mention his source and an ND agreement, so this does make sense actually

#23 America

America

The Seeker

• Banned
  • 107 posts
  • Interests:Rush drums wood working

Posted 23 April 2015 - 11:05 PM

not like he gave away nuculear secrets.

#24 goose

goose

Honkin' in Nevada

• Members *
  • 53759 posts
  • Interests:Comical conies

Posted 23 April 2015 - 11:12 PM

View PostAmerica, on 23 April 2015 - 11:05 PM, said:

not like he gave away nuculear secrets.

Posted Image

#25 Christo

Christo

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 12:39 AM

View Postmrfriendly, on 23 April 2015 - 10:56 PM, said:

View PostChristo, on 23 April 2015 - 10:54 PM, said:

when this johnny guy first made the post about hemispheres into far cry he did mention his source and an ND agreement, so this does make sense actually

OK - yes, just saw that in another thread. My mistake...

Still seems a bit suss to me though!

#26 Del_Duio

Del_Duio

The Professor

• Members
  • 4378 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Bass, Drums, some guitar but I suck

--

Try my new retro action RPG game "Just a Cleric" on Steam! http://store.steampowered.com/app/467330/

Posted 24 April 2015 - 10:43 AM

View Postmrfriendly, on 23 April 2015 - 08:37 PM, said:

2 minutes is not really much of a break for vocals, and in that case why not LIMBO?

Because it's terrible?

Edited by Del_Duio, 24 April 2015 - 10:44 AM.

#27 America

America

The Seeker

• Banned
  • 107 posts
  • Interests:Rush drums wood working

Posted 24 April 2015 - 10:45 AM

View PostDel_Duio, on 24 April 2015 - 10:43 AM, said:

2 minutes is not really much of a break for vocals, and in that case why not LIMBO?

Because it's terrible?

limbo is not terrible

can YOU play it?

#28 mrfriendly

mrfriendly

The Seeker

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 10:49 AM

the bass and drum is pretty sick and like America said pretty complex. Again I'm not saying I'm dying for it to be in the set, but since it is the last tour and I'm all for rarities.

#29 D3strukt

D3strukt

Solar Federalist

• Members *
  • 2489 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 12:07 AM

complexity of music =/= good music. I don't understand why people have this train of thought.

#30 kevind2112

kevind2112

The Seeker

• Members
  • 184 posts
  • Interests:Music! I play drums mainly, but have been known to dabble in guitar, bass, keyboards, and I sing. Jack-of-all-trades (master of none!).

Posted 27 April 2015 - 11:31 AM

View PostAmerica, on 24 April 2015 - 10:45 AM, said:

Because it's terrible?

limbo is not terrible

can YOU play it?

What does one have to do with the other? There are a lot of songs I think are terrible, but can't play. Does that mean they are automatically great songs?  

What if he can play it? Does that still make it terrible?

For the record I'm against Limbo as well, and I can probably play it, so I guess my opinion is more valid? :)

#31 rocketom

rocketom

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 521 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 12:08 PM

View Postkevind2112, on 27 April 2015 - 11:31 AM, said:

Because it's terrible?

limbo is not terrible

can YOU play it?

What does one have to do with the other? There are a lot of songs I think are terrible, but can't play. Does that mean they are automatically great songs?  

For the record I'm against Limbo as well, and I can probably play it, so I guess my opinion is more valid? :)
Dude, LIMBO Sucks! I mean it really really Sucks!

#32 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

Beauty and the Bass

• Members
  • 21767 posts
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 27 April 2015 - 12:22 PM

View Postkevind2112, on 27 April 2015 - 11:31 AM, said:

Because it's terrible?

limbo is not terrible

can YOU play it?

I can play it but I don't think it's a very good song. Worst of their instrumentals by far.

#33 mrfriendly

mrfriendly

The Seeker

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 06:28 PM

honestly i brought up limbo more because even though i dug malignant narcissism a lot when it was released I'm kind of tired of it and felt it only belonged on the S&A tour. for rarities sake i mentioned limbo as an instrumental, while not a terrible song by any means i am not dying to hear it but wouldn't have a problem with it either.

i am kinda surprised all this dislike towards it, its got a sweet drum and bass groove. obviously their best instrumental is la villa, after that i guess you would have to say yyz. after that i feel like limbo interests me a bit more than leave that thing alone or malignant narcissism.

Edited by mrfriendly, 27 April 2015 - 06:29 PM.

#34 GeminiRising79

GeminiRising79

Solar Federalist

• Members
  • 2707 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 06:40 PM

If anything resembling this type of setlist materializes (from what we've heard so far) I am officially done with this band. Sick of the half-@ssed bullchit decisions and excuses. Lay down a legendary setlist or just phuck off, eh?

Edited by GeminiRising79, 27 April 2015 - 06:54 PM.

#35 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

Beauty and the Bass

• Members
  • 21767 posts
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 27 April 2015 - 08:08 PM

View PostGeminiRising79, on 27 April 2015 - 06:40 PM, said:

If anything resembling this type of setlist materializes (from what we've heard so far) I am officially done with this band. Sick of the half-@ssed bullchit decisions and excuses. Lay down a legendary setlist or just phuck off, eh?

Yeah yeah, we've heard it before.  :lol:

#36 Crimsonmistymemory

Crimsonmistymemory

Testing the Fences

• Members *
  • 17145 posts
  • Interests:Just an interested cat,
    Living in a,
    Dog eat Dog World

Posted 28 April 2015 - 01:05 PM

I can't wait till we get some REAL spoilers like from people that have been to the first couple shows so all this speculation will cease. Then we can all start waning, waxing and chewing on what has been decided for us.
P.S.
I know I have been guilty of the set list speculation as well

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory, 28 April 2015 - 01:36 PM.

#37 stone and a hard place

stone and a hard place

Prime Mover

• Members *
  • 968 posts
  • Interests:rush

Posted 28 April 2015 - 01:15 PM

nothing wrong with a little speculation. I think it's funny how invested some folks get in a song, or an album or an era that they want to hear and nothing else will do.

40 years of music into one 2 to 2 1/2 hour set list--I can imagine being able to please everyone.

funny thing is I know I will go to the concert and be perfectly content with one more Rush show under my belt.

#38 bathory

bathory

Book Würm

• Members *
  • 9561 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 01:18 PM

so it's either

1. fountain of lamneth
2. hemispheres
3. necromancer
4. jacobs ladder
5. xanadu

or f**k off?

#39 bathory

bathory

Book Würm

• Members *
  • 9561 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 01:20 PM

I do like gemini's posts, though. I can't wait for opening night when they end up playing second nature or some crazy shit, and seeing gemini say again what he's been saying since before I was born: "I am DONE with this band!"

#40 beerdband

beerdband

Restless Young Rushmantic

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 02:13 PM

View Postbathory, on 28 April 2015 - 01:18 PM, said:

so it's either

1. fountain of lamneth
2. hemispheres
3. necromancer
4. jacobs ladder
5. xanadu

or f**k off?
This is exactly why Rush can't please everybody. Seriously I don't understand this niche obsession with songs 1,3,4....especially 4. Rush already made those songs obsolete with 2112, Cygnus, Hemispheres, and Xanadu :facepalm:

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users