Y&T Is One Of The Greatest Bands On The Planet That Never Made It! Their Debut And "Struck Down" Albums F'N RULE! MENIKETTI GUITAR GOD!

RUSHHEAD666

Sorry kids! I'm in a HUGE ASS Y&T PHASE!!!

This band is one of the greatest bands in the land who no one gives a shit about.

Well I do and I know TF does too.

The original line up kicked major metal arse.

Oh yeah, Duck like them too.

I bet there will only be 5 replies to this thread.

Fukk It! YOU'RE LOSS!!

Hey 73! You are a guitar freak! What is your take on the great Dave Meniketti?

I am sure you dig him.

So yeah the original line up was:

DAVE MENIKETTI

JOEY ALVES

PHIL KENNEMORE

LEONARD HAZE

Haze gave Bonzo a run for his money man. IT'S TRUE!

Anyway here we go again.

You need to get their first six albums.

"YESTERDAY & TODAY"

"STRUCK DOWN"

"EARTHSHAKER"

"BLACK TIGER"

"MEAN STREAK"

"IN ROCK WE TRUST"

After that well they went downhill while penning their biggest shit hit ever "Summertime Girls."

The album "Down For The Count" was awful.

"OPEN FIRE" was their live album before DFTC. "Summertime Girls was also on that live album. Pure shit.

The Geffen years were ok but nothing great.

The band put out a few more records after that but they were nothing.

Some blame it on the record company A&M. Some say Dave sold his soul to the Devil.

Perhaps too many drugs.

Main street? Mainline baby.

Full speed ahead!!!

Y&T RULED!

"DIRTY EARL"

• Like 4

I have the Debut and Struck Down but that is as far as I got back in the day. I used to listen to them alot back then. Truth be told I put on Struck Down a couple months ago just to check it out since it had been 35 years or so since I had heard it. It wasn't as good as I had remembered it being... :huh:

I actually saw Y&T open for Rush in 1984...not a bad show, but they got annoying in between each song yelling "ROCK AND F*CKING ROLL!"

But definitely an under-rated band...people just didn't know about them.

Sorry kids! I'm in a HUGE ASS Y&T PHASE!!!

This band is one of the greatest bands in the land who no one gives a shit about.

Well I do and I know TF does too.

The original line up kicked major metal arse.

Oh yeah, Duck like them too.

I bet there will only be 5 replies to this thread.

Fukk It! YOU'RE LOSS!!

Hey 73! You are a guitar freak! What is your take on the great Dave Meniketti?

I am sure you dig him.

So yeah the original line up was:

DAVE MENIKETTI

JOEY ALVES

PHIL KENNEMORE

LEONARD HAZE

Haze gave Bonzo a run for his money man. IT'S TRUE!

Anyway here we go again.

You need to get their first six albums.

"YESTERDAY & TODAY"

"STRUCK DOWN"

"EARTHSHAKER"

"BLACK TIGER"

"MEAN STREAK"

"IN ROCK WE TRUST"

After that well they went downhill while penning their biggest shit hit ever "Summertime Girls."

The album "Down For The Count" was awful.

"OPEN FIRE" was their live album before DFTC. "Summertime Girls was also on that live album. Pure shit.

The Geffen years were ok but nothing great.

The band put out a few more records after that but they were nothing.

Some blame it on the record company A&M. Some say Dave sold his soul to the Devil.

Perhaps too many drugs.

Main street? Mainline baby.

Full speed ahead!!!

Y&T RULED!

"DIRTY EARL"

Y&T were once my favourite band and truth is I still have a huge soft spot in my heart for them. Earthshaker is my favourite rock album, it's perfect. The first 2 albums are really cool 70s rock records, and the four that followed is a run of musical perfection the standard of which has has seldom been equalled, let alone surpassed by other rock bands.

Meniketti musically has it all, awesome guitarist, killer vocals, great songwriter.

From Down For The Count though Y&T fell further faster than almost any other act I can think of. DFTC is complete garbage, Contagious & Ten are solid, Musically Incorrect & Endangered Species are OK but Facemelter is absolutely sh!te. It even has a "song" about w@nking on it, that says it all.

I loved Y&T, I was a huge fan despite all this. But then I found out what kind of people they really were behind their "common man in touch with their family of fans" act disintegrated. Earl knows what I mean.

Actually, I first met Earl on the Y&T forum!

That place was without doubt the rectum of the internet!! No wonder it got flushed!

Fuckk you guys!!! I WAS RIGHT!!!! ONLY FIVE REPLIES!!!! HAHAHAHA! I should go to Vegas baby!

"ALWAYS BET ON BLACK!"

"BLACK TIGER!"

You kids have no fuckking clue about Dave Meniketti.

Dave Meniketti is better than Alex Lifeson.

Serious.

Do you know that Y&T opened for Rush on the east coast for three weeks? It was on the GUP TOUR. I would have been in HEAVEN! RUSH AND Y&T!!!!!!! TOGETHER!

Geddy and Dave got into it.

Dave would rip the new wave scene apart live on stage.

After one of the shows, Geddy came up to Meniketti and told to cut that shit out of the routine. HE DID!

Edited by RUSHHEAD666

I promise I'll give it another listen in your honor. But no promises on liking it any better. I will give it up for the guitar playing, though.

I promise I'll give it another listen in your honor. But no promises on liking it any better. I will give it up for the guitar playing, though.

Hahaha! Ok I feel better! Dave Meniketti is one of the best in the business. He just never made it BIG!

Seriously, listen to the first two Yesterday & Today albums! Self titled and "Struck Down." They will melt your mind. "Earthshaker" is damn good too!

You would love the track "I Believe In You." EPIC!

Do you know that Y&T opened for Rush on the east coast for three weeks? It was on the GUP TOUR. I would have been in HEAVEN! RUSH AND Y&T!!!!!!! TOGETHER!

After one of the shows, Geddy came up to Meniketti and told to cut that shit out of the routine. HE DID!

Like I said, their BS in between songs got annoying...Rush doesn't have a "ROCK AND F*CKING ROLL" kind of audience?!? Yeah they appreciate good musicians, but the BS in between songs was a turn off.....come out, play your stuff and don't screw around.

It was a much better show than when I saw freaking Tommy Shaw open! (what was funny was when he did a Styx tune, people were into him, as soon as he did some of his solo stuff, the boo's happened! I LOVE shows in Philly! They don't give a crap who they boo! )

Like I said, their BS in between songs got annoying...Rush doesn't have a "ROCK AND F*CKING ROLL" kind of audience?!? Yeah they appreciate good musicians, but the BS in between songs was a turn off.....come out, play your stuff and don't screw around.

It was a much better show than when I saw freaking Tommy Shaw open! (what was funny was when he did a Styx tune, people were into him, as soon as he did some of his solo stuff, the boo's happened! I LOVE shows in Philly! They don't give a crap who they boo! )

Yeah, I seem to remember this kind of thing with Y&T myself. Shut the hell up and play.

But they did sound pretty good, actually.

• Like 2

My wife saw Y&T on Friday night in Sellersville. She said they still put on a great show & Meniketti tore it up!

Wait! WHAT THE FUKK MATE!??????!!!!?????

You are married now????

I love the fuckking irony of this reality. You just got hitched and I'm gonna get divorced!! I LOVE IT!

It's the REGRESSION OF THE MEAN!!

CHEERS MY GOOD FRIEND!! WHEN THE FUCKK ARE WE GOING TO MEET?

I'm tired of being on this damn forum and typing to all of these great people and never meeting anyone!!!!

When will there be a TRF MEET UP PARTY 2015?

It's probably logistically impossible. OK I get it!

• Like 1

There's a man who sounds like Dave vocally, he's in this band:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r67MzYII68o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtnKL5_vjQ4

White Sister is awesome! This album has been remastered on Rock Candy Records! I bet TF has it!!

I have it!

Hahaha! I knew you did!

Yep I've got the Candy remaster of this album too! We're all nuts!

I'm hoping to see Y&T @ Steelhouse this year as they're playing BLACK TIGER in its entirety. Should be brilliant. I've never heard My Way Or The Highway live & I've seen Y&T tons of times. Should be a real collector's moment!