Alex Lifeson - Renman Music Business Interview

mrfriendly

The interview is right now, figured I'd post anything interesting he says, there have been some questions regarding the tour, will update with any new info:

1. Acknowledged that Power Windows/HYF was represented well on the CA tour, there will be none of that this tour (don't recall any HYF songs on last tour)

2. They will be going back to old stuff and it will be very comprehensive; a lot of stuff they have not played in some time

3. Admitted they are "selfish" and know they can't please everyone, and do what they are happy with

4. Sounds like the show will be cutback slightly, said they need to for them physically (so not a full 3 hours apparently)

Someone did ask straight up to him about ticket pricing (ie. band decides face value price and tickemaster charges their service charges); him and the interviewer kind of went around the subject didn't give a real solid answer, but the interviewer said prices for everything are going up and Rush has always been reasonable with that - depends on the production of the show.

Edited by mrfriendly

The interview is right now, figured I'd post anything interesting he says, there have been some questions regarding the tour, will update with any new info:

1. Acknowledged that Power Windows/HYF was represented well on the CA tour, there will be none of that this tour (don't recall any HYF songs on last tour)

2. They will be going back to old stuff and it will be very comprehensive; a lot of stuff they have not played in some time

3. Admitted they are "selfish" and know they can't please everyone, and do what they are happy with

4. Sounds like the show will be cutback slightly, said they need to for them physically (so not a full 3 hours apparently)

Someone did ask straight up to him about ticket pricing (ie. band decides face value price and tickemaster charges their service charges); him and the interviewer kind of went around the subject didn't give a real solid answer, but the interviewer said prices for everything are going up and Rush has always been reasonable with that - depends on the production of the show.

They played Force Ten from HYF.

Got my question answered!! woot)

http://s3-media1.fl.yelpassets.com/bphoto/C5RFPrZpe-bBWIo6bLPrKw/ls.jpg

Funny - those werey sons exact words. That and "dad spoke to the great beyond" whe laughing.

Awesome!!!

wow that first question about ticket prices was so lame what a waste of time you can tell Alex was uncomfortable !!!

Yeah...douche move. What's the point of that?
  • Like 1

wow that first question about ticket prices was so lame what a waste of time you can tell Alex was uncomfortable !!!

Yeah...douche move. What's the point of that?

:LOL: Tombstone!
  • Like 1

One song = "represented well"?!?!?

The synthetic era as a whole, which includes GuP, Power Windows and HYF, was over-represented.
  • Like 2

Power Windows was certainly overrepresented 5 tracks out of the 8 were played on that tour. P/G had only Body Electric and Red Sector A both of which were rotation songs and Body Electric being the only real deep cut. So the spoiler about the other 2 P/G songs being rehearsed could still be true and those may be the only 2 songs from the electronic era for this tour. Hopefully nothing from HYF, the only three songs interesting to hear from that album have been played on recent tours. Edited by mrfriendly
  • Like 1

The synthetic era as a whole, which includes GuP, Power Windows and HYF, was over-represented.

Particularly Power Windows....total overkill.

I'm cool with them playing songs from those albums as long as they are hard rocking songs like The Big Money, Between the Wheels, and Turn the Page.

Yeah the last time they over killed that album and era was 1985 and 1987.

Bro......fans of that era had been pining for it to be well represented for over 25 years.

Give us a freaking break. And BTW they killed it with all those tunes. Killed it.

This tour will be chock full of classic Rush. I can't wait for this tour to kick off.

Exciting times again for us Rush fans.

Edited by Todem