More Spoilers

98 replies to this topic

#81 Disembodied Spirit

Disembodied Spirit

Big Hat Funny!

• Members
  • 3419 posts
  • Interests:Turned down the role of Billy Hicks in 'St. Elmo's Fire' Worked at WorldCom, Enron and AIG before realizing work is dumb. Once asked Sarah McLachlan out on a date, and was promptly turned down.

Posted 23 April 2015 - 04:40 PM

View PostEagleMoon, on 22 April 2015 - 12:50 PM, said:

View Postdtpoet, on 22 April 2015 - 12:35 PM, said:

View PostEagleMoon, on 22 April 2015 - 12:17 PM, said:

View Postbathory, on 22 April 2015 - 12:14 PM, said:

View PostEagleMoon, on 22 April 2015 - 12:03 PM, said:

Are people that desperate for information they'll believe anything someone posts?

he's obviously telling the truth, he even told us that he has a source! what more do you need?

I have to assume you're joking. :lol:

The truly funny part is that someone could post the real setlist, back it up with multiple sources, and still about 1 out of 20 would believe it to be true.

Exactly. So why do people care?  I'm happy to find out what the setlist is after the tour starts but I have a hard time believing anything that comes out beforehand.
I making a list of so called SPOILERS that may be for real.

I will post the set on May 8th...Lets see how accurate folks are

Sponsored Post

#82 dtpoet

dtpoet

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1003 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 05:06 PM

Your going to Tulsa?

#83 dtpoet

dtpoet

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1003 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 05:09 PM

There has to be a medley.

Reports are that Alex said they have 35 or so songs prepared.

Last night on Renman, Alex said they are cutting back which means maybe 10-11 songs a set and not the 12-13.

Even with a-b sets, to get to 35 AND reducing the number of full songs per set, tbere has to be a medley coming....

Edited by dtpoet, 23 April 2015 - 05:09 PM.

#84 Rushman14

Rushman14

Mr. Hollywood

• Members *
  • 11062 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 05:32 PM

what's with the Kid Gloves bashing? It's a great tune. Red Lenses on the other hand...

#85 BowlCity

BowlCity

Cutler's Like a Knife (but it feels so right)

• Members *
  • 10245 posts
  • Interests:Video games, computer programming, guitar, Da Bears and Cubs

Posted 23 April 2015 - 05:36 PM

View PostRushman14, on 23 April 2015 - 05:32 PM, said:

what's with the Kid Gloves bashing? It's a great tune. Red Lenses on the other hand...is an even greater tune :haz:

#86 custom55

custom55

The God Of Balance

• Members
  • 6023 posts
  • Interests:Snowboarding & Retirement.

On deck shows:

Phish - Dec
    Robert Plant - Feb
    The Musical Box w/LeGorLaTroy - Feb
    Robin Trower - Mar
    Foo Fighters - Jul

Posted 23 April 2015 - 05:37 PM

I need to hear this, again.

Edited by custom55, 23 April 2015 - 05:38 PM.

#87 mrfriendly

mrfriendly

The Seeker

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 11:41 AM

Since it's safe to say the majority of the hardcore fans want as much early material as possible had me thinking from the first 7 or so albums what deep cuts/rarities do you realistically see them having a shot of doing

Rush: Finding My Way, What You're Doing, In the Mood
Fly by Night: Anthem, FBN
COS: Bastille Day
2112: Twilight Zone, Something for Nothing
AFTK: AFTK, Xanadu
Hemispheres: Cygnus Book II (seems like we'll get the prelude although of course the full thing would be awesome)
PW: Different Strings, Jacob's Ladder
Signals: Losing It, The Weapon

When you think about it there really isn't too much to choose from when looking at realistic possibilities. Can't seem them doing In The End, too long and not a huge hit, like the other songs off FBN. They might do ByTor but at this point its not much of a rarity. After hearing the Anthem version from the RTB tour I don't think Ged's voice can do it the way he sang it when he was young. They did a bit of Cygnus Book 1 on VT and the full length would be too long for this tour. Left off moving pictures because of course that has been done to death, hopefully as little from that as possible.

Edited by mrfriendly, 24 April 2015 - 02:25 PM.

#88 CaressMySteel

CaressMySteel

The Seeker

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 02:01 PM

View Postmrfriendly, on 24 April 2015 - 11:41 AM, said:

Since it's safe to say the majority of the hardcore fans want as much early material as possible had me thinking from the first 7 or so albums what deep cuts/rarities do you realistically see them having a shot of doing

Rush: Finding My Way, What You're Doing, In the Mood
Fly by Night: Anthem, FBN
COS: Bastille Day
2112: Twilight Zone, Something for Nothing
AFTK: AFTK, Xanadu
Hemispheres: Cygnus Book II (seems like we'll get the prelude although of course the full thing would be awesome)
PW: Different Strings, Jacob's Ladder
Signals: Losing It, The Weapon

When you think about it there really isn't too much to choose from when looking at realistic possibilities. Can't seem them doing In The End, too long and not a huge hit, like the other songs off FBN. They might do ByTor but at this point its not much of a rarity. After hearing the Anthem version from the RTB tour I don't think Ged's voice can do it the way he sang it when he was young. They did a big of Cygnus Book 1 on VT and the full length would be too long for this tour. Left off moving pictures because of course that has been done to death, hopefully as little from that as possible.

I love your list.  Personally I would change 2112 songs to Lessons and SFN; And I would want to hear The Analog Kid and Chemistry off of Signals.  I don't think Ged can do Anthem either, wouldn't mind hearing Memories from FBN.

#89 Na na na

Na na na

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 2008 posts
  • Interests:Music, cooking, wine, fine clothing, wet shaving, traveling & football (soccer)

Posted 24 April 2015 - 02:07 PM

I hope they play both Kid Gloves & Red Lenses...doesn't have to play both on the same night. It can make a huge difference if they play the songs on the "right" spots in the set...

#90 Disk98

Disk98

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3909 posts
  • Interests:New York Yankees
     electronics
    bass guitar
    piano

Posted 24 April 2015 - 02:08 PM

Id be up for In the Mood, actually.

#91 mrfriendly

mrfriendly

The Seeker

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 02:24 PM

I love your list.  Personally I would change 2112 songs to Lessons and SFN; And I would want to hear The Analog Kid and Chemistry off of Signals.  I don't think Ged can do Anthem either, wouldn't mind hearing Memories from FBN.

Thanks yeah I was really just thinking about what realistically could work well in 2015 for their audience which is a mix of hardcore and regular fans. I like FBN a lot but I just feel even songs like Best I Can, BBB, Rivendell, Memories would really take the audience out of it because a lot of people probably don't know that stuff. I mentioned in the end which is one of the better tracks off that record but again 8 min is too long for a deep cut like that. The rumour about Kid Gloves/Red Lenses made me think they are trying to hit songs that they haven't don't in a while and won't ever get to play again. From that list I feel like Fly By Night has to be done, anthem could end up in an instrumental medley.

#92 CaressMySteel

CaressMySteel

The Seeker

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 02:32 PM

View Postmrfriendly, on 24 April 2015 - 02:24 PM, said:

Thanks yeah I was really just thinking about what realistically could work well in 2015 for their audience which is a mix of hardcore and regular fans. I like FBN a lot but I just feel even songs like Best I Can, BBB, Rivendell, Memories would really take the audience out of it because a lot of people probably don't know that stuff. I mentioned in the end which is one of the better tracks off that record but again 8 min is too long for a deep cut like that. The rumour about Kid Gloves/Red Lenses made me think they are trying to hit songs that they haven't don't in a while and won't ever get to play again. From that list I feel like Fly By Night has to be done, anthem could end up in an instrumental medley.
I really hope they do FBN.  Screw the youngsters that don't know the deeper tracks.  :codger:

#93 librarian

librarian

Aquarian Librarian

• Members
  • 5714 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 04:51 PM

:popcorn:

#94 ReRushed

ReRushed

My Yellow Submarine is docked at Red Sector A

• Members
  • 18671 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 09:20 PM

Wow. I just listened to "Kid Gloves". It's a fantastic song. I would love to hear it in concert...

#95 lerxt1990

lerxt1990

Minister of Silly Walks

• Members *
  • 60955 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 11:19 PM

View PostReRushed, on 27 April 2015 - 09:20 PM, said:

Wow. I just listened to "Kid Gloves". It's a fantastic song. I would love to hear it in concert...

5/4!

#96 lerxt1990

lerxt1990

Minister of Silly Walks

• Members *
  • 60955 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 11:19 PM

View PostDisk98, on 24 April 2015 - 02:08 PM, said:

I miss those days of ending the show that way...

#97 Del_Duio

Del_Duio

The Professor

• Members
  • 4378 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Bass, Drums, some guitar but I suck

--

Try my new retro action RPG game "Just a Cleric" on Steam! http://store.steampowered.com/app/467330/

Posted 29 April 2015 - 06:51 AM

View PostGabrielgil513, on 22 April 2015 - 06:08 PM, said:

warbled

Hahahahaha!
Poor Ged.

#98 snowdog212

snowdog212

The Seeker

• Members
  • 407 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 06:52 PM

View PostDisk98, on 24 April 2015 - 02:08 PM, said:

Dont know'why but I think it has a good chance of being played

#99 losingit2k

losingit2k

Setlist Swami

• Members *
  • 7471 posts
  • Interests:Music, Movies, Sports

Posted 03 May 2015 - 09:45 PM

View PostLaVillaSean, on 22 April 2015 - 08:24 AM, said:

Please I hope we don't get Red Lenses or Kid Gloves....both are very weak songs. If they play something off of Grace under Pressure, I hope it is anything but these two

Sorry but Kid Gloves is hardly week. And it has one of Alex's best solos on it.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users