More Spoilers

johnnyonthespot

Theres a live clip of red lenses on youtube from the HYF tour and neil does play it on the electronic but again I don't think he necessarily needs it. I mean he regularly plays the trees now on that kit but when that song was written he of course didn't use electronics. Since we know he will not have that back kit this tour had me thinking what songs he actually uses that on and I'm realizing it really is not a lot, what I can think of from the last couple tours is: Clockwork Angels, Red Sector A, Mystic Rhythms, The Trees and of course the drum solo. Makes sense that he just decided to not bother bringing it. Am I missing anything from that list?

No way that is possible. That song was never played on the HYF tour.

Ever.

Are you mistaking Red Sector A?

Like I said impossible. I said it was never ever played on the HYF tour from 1987. And the post I quoted and bolded stated it was.

That is the Grace Under pressure Tour from 1984 :eyeroll:

I am well aware that is was played on the Grace Under Pressure tour....I was there. LOL.

Edited by Todem

sorry that may have been a typo from me, i think i was looking at this link

and the person listed red lenses there from hold your fire tour

but according to 2112.net/powerwindows red lenses was played on HYF; i was 1 at the time so I'm not claiming to know though

EDIT: YAJ2112 just realized we posted this at the same time

Edited by mrfriendly

Red Lenses was played in part on the HYF, coming out of the Drum Solo. I know, b/c I was there :)

http://www.2112.net/...s/Tours.htm#hyf

Petty......the song proper....I always state about a tune being played properly...not a snippet. LOL!!!!

sorry that may have been a typo from me, i think i was looking at this link

and the person listed red lenses there from hold your fire tour

but according to 2112.net/powerwindows red lenses was played on HYF; i was 1 at the time so I'm not claiming to know though

EDIT: YAJ2112 just realized we posted this at the same time

Snippet....not the song itself...trust me.

No worries on the typo...kinda figured that is what is was.

Are people that desperate for information they'll believe anything someone posts?

he's obviously telling the truth, he even told us that he has a source! what more do you need?

I have to assume you're joking. :LOL:

The truly funny part is that someone could post the real setlist, back it up with multiple sources, and still about 1 out of 20 would believe it to be true.

Exactly. So why do people care? I'm happy to find out what the setlist is after the tour starts but I have a hard time believing anything that comes out beforehand.

I making a list of so called SPOILERS that may be for real.

I will post the set on May 8th...Lets see how accurate folks are

• Like 1

There has to be a medley.

Reports are that Alex said they have 35 or so songs prepared.

Last night on Renman, Alex said they are cutting back which means maybe 10-11 songs a set and not the 12-13.

Even with a-b sets, to get to 35 AND reducing the number of full songs per set, tbere has to be a medley coming....

Edited by dtpoet

Since it's safe to say the majority of the hardcore fans want as much early material as possible had me thinking from the first 7 or so albums what deep cuts/rarities do you realistically see them having a shot of doing

Rush: Finding My Way, What You're Doing, In the Mood

Fly by Night: Anthem, FBN

COS: Bastille Day

2112: Twilight Zone, Something for Nothing

AFTK: AFTK, Xanadu

Hemispheres: Cygnus Book II (seems like we'll get the prelude although of course the full thing would be awesome)

PW: Different Strings, Jacob's Ladder

Signals: Losing It, The Weapon

When you think about it there really isn't too much to choose from when looking at realistic possibilities. Can't seem them doing In The End, too long and not a huge hit, like the other songs off FBN. They might do ByTor but at this point its not much of a rarity. After hearing the Anthem version from the RTB tour I don't think Ged's voice can do it the way he sang it when he was young. They did a bit of Cygnus Book 1 on VT and the full length would be too long for this tour. Left off moving pictures because of course that has been done to death, hopefully as little from that as possible.

Edited by mrfriendly

Since it's safe to say the majority of the hardcore fans want as much early material as possible had me thinking from the first 7 or so albums what deep cuts/rarities do you realistically see them having a shot of doing

Rush: Finding My Way, What You're Doing, In the Mood

Fly by Night: Anthem, FBN

COS: Bastille Day

2112: Twilight Zone, Something for Nothing

AFTK: AFTK, Xanadu

Hemispheres: Cygnus Book II (seems like we'll get the prelude although of course the full thing would be awesome)

PW: Different Strings, Jacob's Ladder

Signals: Losing It, The Weapon

When you think about it there really isn't too much to choose from when looking at realistic possibilities. Can't seem them doing In The End, too long and not a huge hit, like the other songs off FBN. They might do ByTor but at this point its not much of a rarity. After hearing the Anthem version from the RTB tour I don't think Ged's voice can do it the way he sang it when he was young. They did a big of Cygnus Book 1 on VT and the full length would be too long for this tour. Left off moving pictures because of course that has been done to death, hopefully as little from that as possible.

I love your list. Personally I would change 2112 songs to Lessons and SFN; And I would want to hear The Analog Kid and Chemistry off of Signals. I don't think Ged can do Anthem either, wouldn't mind hearing Memories from FBN.

I hope they play both Kid Gloves & Red Lenses...doesn't have to play both on the same night. It can make a huge difference if they play the songs on the "right" spots in the set...
  • Like 4

I love your list. Personally I would change 2112 songs to Lessons and SFN; And I would want to hear The Analog Kid and Chemistry off of Signals. I don't think Ged can do Anthem either, wouldn't mind hearing Memories from FBN.

Thanks yeah I was really just thinking about what realistically could work well in 2015 for their audience which is a mix of hardcore and regular fans. I like FBN a lot but I just feel even songs like Best I Can, BBB, Rivendell, Memories would really take the audience out of it because a lot of people probably don't know that stuff. I mentioned in the end which is one of the better tracks off that record but again 8 min is too long for a deep cut like that. The rumour about Kid Gloves/Red Lenses made me think they are trying to hit songs that they haven't don't in a while and won't ever get to play again. From that list I feel like Fly By Night has to be done, anthem could end up in an instrumental medley.

Thanks yeah I was really just thinking about what realistically could work well in 2015 for their audience which is a mix of hardcore and regular fans. I like FBN a lot but I just feel even songs like Best I Can, BBB, Rivendell, Memories would really take the audience out of it because a lot of people probably don't know that stuff. I mentioned in the end which is one of the better tracks off that record but again 8 min is too long for a deep cut like that. The rumour about Kid Gloves/Red Lenses made me think they are trying to hit songs that they haven't don't in a while and won't ever get to play again. From that list I feel like Fly By Night has to be done, anthem could end up in an instrumental medley.

I really hope they do FBN. Screw the youngsters that don't know the deeper tracks. :codger:

• Like 2

Please I hope we don't get Red Lenses or Kid Gloves....both are very weak songs. If they play something off of Grace under Pressure, I hope it is anything but these two

Sorry but Kid Gloves is hardly week. And it has one of Alex's best solos on it.

• Like 1