"Kingpin" VS "The Big Lebowski!" Which Film Is The Best?

RUSHHEAD666

"Kingpin" Vs. "The Big Lewbowski"  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the best film?

• "Kingpin"
    • "The Big Lebowski"
    • None! I hate bowling!

So dude, which film is the best?

I'm watching "Kingpin" on blu-ray tonight and I must say it's awesome.

I love "The Big Lebowski" as well but hmmmmmmmmm.

I'm sure "Lebowski" will win but I'm going with "Kingpin!"

Bill Murray Rules!

• Like 1

I'm a big fan of "Kingpin." Lots of funny dialogue, especially in the beginning ("What is it about good sex that makes me have to crap? You really jarred something loose, Tiger."), and it has Bill Murray doing what only Bill Murray can do.

That said, "Lebowski" is on another level.

Other than having bowling in common, it's comparing apples and oranges.

That's a good point. "Kingpin" is a road/buddy movie about bowling, and it's more of a broad low-brow comedy. "Lebowski" is more about the caper and mistaken identity and the ineptitude of the main characters who are in way over their heads, and those characters just happen to be into bowling.

But when you think of bowling movies you think of these two first, so it's fun to compare them.

That's a good point. "Kingpin" is a road/buddy movie about bowling, and it's more of a broad low-brow comedy. "Lebowski" is more about the caper and mistaken identity and the ineptitude of the main characters who are in way over their heads, and those characters just happen to be into bowling.

But when you think of bowling movies you think of these two first, so it's fun to compare them.

Yep. The bowling is just a plot device it has little to do with the film aside from letting us know that this is what these characters have in common. One quirk is that you never see Jeff Bridges actually bowling.

I've never actually watched Kingpin aside from bits I have seen on tv. I never wanted to compare the two becuase BL is one of my top films of all time. Even though I have enjoyed a few, most of their films Coens > Farellys by a long way.

Lebowski is in a whole different realm...one of the very few movies I could watch over and over again.

Have you seen the documentary on Lebowski-fest?

There has been a guy like this in every bowling Alley I've been to. Several in one league I was in.

http://hhrmediagroup.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/the-jesus.jpg

Bill Murray is a master But I can't vote against "the dude"

http://www.dvdizzy.com/images/b/biglebowski-12.jpg

• Like 1

There has been a guy like this in every bowling Alley I've been to. Several in one league I was in.

http://hhrmediagroup.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/the-jesus.jpg

Bill Murray is a master But I can't vote against "the dude"

http://www.dvdizzy.com/images/b/biglebowski-12.jpg

http://www.gifbin.com/bin/g65099386.gif

• Like 2

Nothing beats the tanned Dude than chasing that spoiled broad through the Mexican ruins back in '84

http://i1303.photobucket.com/albums/ag153/Freedom80065/against-all-odds-1984--300-75_zpsynjdubrk.jpg

I agree with this as well. It's hard for me to choose, since I love both films. Kingpin's more lighter and funnier in tone, but Lebowski's got that artsy, darker edge to it that's brilliant. I way probably a bit too young when I first saw them which might have something to do with why I spit out profanities at the rate that I do today. Actually, I was definitely TOO young to have even watched either one to begin with, but whatever!

This whole Dude nonsense is way overrated. I had no hesitation in voting for Kingpin, it's just a funnier better film and doesn't rely on some overblown "cult"character to get people to blindly follow it because everyone else says it's cool.
  • Like 1

This whole Dude nonsense is way overrated. I had no hesitation in voting for Kingpin, it's just a funnier better film and doesn't rely on some overblown "cult"character to get people to blindly follow it because everyone else says it's cool.

Over the line, dude...over the line.
  • Like 3

:hail:

• Like 1

There's wrong...and then there's Treeduck.

:D

Well there's no point me lying just to fit in with the DUDE groupies. This is what I'm talking about, you're supposed to like the film because the dude is this amazing guy, but it's just another Jeff Bridges deal, and yet a lot of sheep just follow along! ;)

Well there's no point me lying just to fit in with the DUDE groupies. This is what I'm talking about, you're supposed to like the film because the dude is this amazing guy, but it's just another Jeff Bridges deal, and yet a lot of sheep just follow along! ;)

You've got the wrong focus. The,Dude is just an observer...everything else is what is so brilliant. It's like basing Alice in Wonderland on whether you find the little blonde kid compelling.
  • Like 2

You've got the wrong focus. The,Dude is just an observer...everything else is what is so brilliant. It's like basing Alice in Wonderland on whether you find the little blonde kid compelling.

Well I still think Kingpin is better. :hail: