2015-16 NFL Season Thread

Principled Man

OK, ladies and gents, get yer helmets on, as we're about ready to rock with more concussions, suspensions, taudry tabloid stories, and lots of great football action!

WeeK 1: Steelers @ Patriots on Thursday night.

Week 2: Seahawks @ Packers in a humdrum, nothing-to-see-here home opener for the Green & Gold..... :LOL:

Thanksgiving Night: Bears @ Packers, and #4 will FINALLY be retired at Lambeau Field...... :LOL: :lol:

Full schedule comes out tonight at 8pm EST!! WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://psdcovers.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/NFL-vector-logos-636x480.jpg

• Like 3

Coming off our worst season in 10 years with a new coaching staff and a slew of free agency signing on defense, let's see if the Bears start moving in the right direction.

Bridgewater appears to be the real deal and will continue to grow.

Lions, provided they don't fall apart, should do okay.

Packers will be just fine.

The NFC North should be an absolute bloodbath. Go Bears!

Edited by BowlCity

Coming off our worst season in 10 years with a new coaching staff and a slew of free agency signing on defense, let's see if the Bears start moving in the right direction.

You're just begging for another Cutler joke, aren't you?

• Like 1

You're just begging for another Cutler joke, aren't you?

By all means. They're hilarious.

• Like 1

Foreskins should be great this year... :scared:

RGIII, the prodigal son!

I'll be perfectly honest in saying I haven't been paying any attention to their of off season moves. I don't start putting things together till draft night to be honest. Get the draft over with and get to camp and see what pieces we have (if any :LOL: )... Edited by Narpsberg

One take on the Thanksgiving night game...

Except for apple pie and leftover gravy, the NFL is the best part about Thanksgiving. It’s so engrained in our culture that dinner times around the country are set so people won’t have to watch the Lions game. But after a stellar three-game run last year that included an NFC East battle between Philadelphia and Dallas and the game of the year in Seattle vs. San Francisco, the NFL went to the dregs of the schedule for this year’s annual run of thee games. It’s so bad, we should all move to Canada.

Bears at Packers, NBC, 8:30 p.m. ET

We’re starting at the end because making Bears-Packers the Thanksgiving night game is the most unconscionable NFL decision since — well there have been a lot of them. With limitless possibilities and the most fun time slot of the year, the NFL chooses a retread rivalry game that’s always on in primetime and is never interesting when it is. This game has been a better sleep-inducer than Ambien-stuffed turkey.

We’ve seen this before, twice a year, in fact, and not the good twice a year like the NFC East round-robin or Seahawks-49ers (in the Harbaugh years). This is the bad twice a year, like Jets-Patriots, and almost always in primetime. Why is it so horrible? Chicago has lost nine of 10 to the Packers. Nine. Of. Ten. Last year, the cumulative score in the two Packers wins was 93-31. It’s not a rivalry game when one side puts up as much of a fight as France. Throw in the fact the Bears are possibly facing a year of tumult with a new coach (John Fox), an embattled quarterback (Jay Cutler) and all the probable losses that go along with having a new coach and an embattled quarterback and this could look even worse on paper in November than it does now.

I can’t tell you how much I loathe this. But don’t listen to me. I got this text from a Bears fan about the game.

I’m so sick of playing the Packers at night every year and making it an embarrassment for the whole country to watch. These night games are always brutal, which is odd because the day games have generally been watchable. But primetime? (Unprintable, four-sentence rant.) You’re better off watching whatever it is ABC plays every Thanksgiving night. What is it, Sound of Music? I hate this so much. [We have no idea what he’s talking about in terms of The Sound of Music, but think there’s like a 20% chance ABC used to play the Julie Andrews classic sometime on Thanksgiving weekend in the 1980s. But you’ll have to forgive him. He’s a Bears fan which means he needs to be stuck in the ’80s. — CC]

Bears and Packers in the last game is like serving vegan cupcakes for Thanksgiving desert. It’s barely watchable as a stand-alone game on any night, but on Thanksgiving it’s guaranteed to lose your interest by the second quarter.

http://ftw.usatoday....s-packers-awful

Edited by laughedatbytime

Broncos are headed for 7-9. That schedule is brutal.

This will be fun to watch Peyton go out a loser

• Like 2

One take on the Thanksgiving night game...

Except for apple pie and leftover gravy, the NFL is the best part about Thanksgiving. It’s so engrained in our culture that dinner times around the country are set so people won’t have to watch the Lions game. But after a stellar three-game run last year that included an NFC East battle between Philadelphia and Dallas and the game of the year in Seattle vs. San Francisco, the NFL went to the dregs of the schedule for this year’s annual run of thee games. It’s so bad, we should all move to Canada.

Bears at Packers, NBC, 8:30 p.m. ET

We’re starting at the end because making Bears-Packers the Thanksgiving night game is the most unconscionable NFL decision since — well there have been a lot of them. With limitless possibilities and the most fun time slot of the year, the NFL chooses a retread rivalry game that’s always on in primetime and is never interesting when it is. This game has been a better sleep-inducer than Ambien-stuffed turkey.

We’ve seen this before, twice a year, in fact, and not the good twice a year like the NFC East round-robin or Seahawks-49ers (in the Harbaugh years). This is the bad twice a year, like Jets-Patriots, and almost always in primetime. Why is it so horrible? Chicago has lost nine of 10 to the Packers. Nine. Of. Ten. Last year, the cumulative score in the two Packers wins was 93-31. It’s not a rivalry game when one side puts up as much of a fight as France. Throw in the fact the Bears are possibly facing a year of tumult with a new coach (John Fox), an embattled quarterback (Jay Cutler) and all the probable losses that go along with having a new coach and an embattled quarterback and this could look even worse on paper in November than it does now.

I can’t tell you how much I loathe this. But don’t listen to me. I got this text from a Bears fan about the game.

I’m so sick of playing the Packers at night every year and making it an embarrassment for the whole country to watch. These night games are always brutal, which is odd because the day games have generally been watchable. But primetime? (Unprintable, four-sentence rant.) You’re better off watching whatever it is ABC plays every Thanksgiving night. What is it, Sound of Music? I hate this so much. [We have no idea what he’s talking about in terms of The Sound of Music, but think there’s like a 20% chance ABC used to play the Julie Andrews classic sometime on Thanksgiving weekend in the 1980s. But you’ll have to forgive him. He’s a Bears fan which means he needs to be stuck in the ’80s. — CC]

Bears and Packers in the last game is like serving vegan cupcakes for Thanksgiving desert. It’s barely watchable as a stand-alone game on any night, but on Thanksgiving it’s guaranteed to lose your interest by the second quarter.

http://ftw.usatoday....s-packers-awful

Blame it all on #4. If they weren't retiring his jersey number, this game would not be at night. It would be at noon and a non-candidate for flex scheduling.... :LOL:

Tebow's contract details out. 1 year with no guarantees.

http://www.msn.com/e...teed/ar-AAbvmkJ

They are now saying that if the NFL changes the Extra point rule, and 2 point conversion moves to the 1 instead of the 2, is the reason Eagles signed Tebow.

Most are expecting the rule to get changed in June and implemented THIS season. Extra point from the 15, 2 pt from the 1

They are now saying that if the NFL changes the Extra point rule, and 2 point conversion moves to the 1 instead of the 2, is the reason Eagles signed Tebow.

Most are expecting the rule to get changed in June and implemented THIS season. Extra point from the 15, 2 pt from the 1

This rule sucks shit. Leave the damned scoring alone. What are they trying to fix and why is it a problem in the first place. F***ing Arena shit.

• Like 2

This rule sucks shit. Leave the damned scoring alone. What are they trying to fix and why is it a problem in the first place. F***ing Arena shit.

:goodone:

• Like 1

Don't you know that every play of every football game has to be an edge-of-your-seat thrilling experience? If they don't install these new rules, fans will abandon the game and seek out something less boring.....

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 1

Because the NFL has been implementing one sided pro offense rule changes for decades, and the fan base loves it. To me, the game is so one dimensional and less interesting than ever...

• Like 1

Because the NFL has been implementing one sided pro offense rule changes for decades, and the fan base loves it. To me, the game is so one dimensional and less interesting than ever...

Amen.
  • Like 1

As much as I hate Kraft, all would be forgiven if he could just restore the extra point to its rightful place in the game instead of being a gimmick that even the Arena League would reject.
  • Like 1

As much as I hate Kraft, all would be forgiven if he could just restore the extra point to its rightful place in the game instead of being a gimmick that even the Arena League would reject.

Mr. Kraft.

Teatard

• Like 1

Well isn't that becoming the norm now with al major sports. That is more of an emphasis on scoring.....what do they think these sports are becoming soccer and scoring MUST be increased. I ALWAYS prefferred DEFENSE.

• Like 2