2015-16 NFL Season Thread

Principled Man

Brandon Spikes now an ex Patriot.

Wonder what you have to do to make it so that Mr. Robert Kraft considers it unacceptable?

Wonder what you have to do to make it so that Mr. Robert Kraft considers it unacceptable?

Get drunk at a club in Providence, rear end a Nissan Murano on I-95, call On Star and report hitting a deer, and then flee the scene.

Obvi.

Get drunk at a club in Providence, rear end a Nissan Murano on I-95, call On Star and report hitting a deer, and then flee the scene.

Obvi.

Probably a good idea to cut him. If he would have gotten a chance to come to Mr. Kraft's box and look into his eyes and tell him he didn't do it, it could be embarrassing later.

Antonio Gates suspended for first four games of season, takes suspension like a man. Edited by laughedatbytime
  • Like 1

Antonio Gates suspended for first four games of season, takes suspension like a man.

Like a man my a**!!

I always suspected him of this. You could see his physical condition getting out of hand for the past 3/4 years.

These guys always seem to try and find a way around the rules.

Edited by troutman

Antonio Gates suspended for first four games of season, takes suspension like a man.

Like a man my a**!!

I always suspected him of this. You could see his physical condition getting out of hand for the past 3/4 years.

Hey, he didn't try to Brady out of it. That deserves some credit.

Like a man my a**!!

Hey, he didn't try to Brady out of it. That deserves some credit.

Well,

The Deflate gate BS is nothing compared to this sh**! I don't care who the player is and what team they play for. At the same time, the league is so full of crap. They never take a hard line on any thing.

Andrew Quarless arrested for firing a couple of rounds to prove his manhood to a car full of chicks. :oops: :oops:

"He didn't Brady out of it," LabT? What kind of nonsensical rant is that? The union's CBA gives Brady the right to refuse to hand over his personal property. D'oh!

"He didn't Brady out of it," LabT? What kind of nonsensical rant is that? The union's CBA gives Brady the right to refuse to hand over his personal property. D'oh!

You know exactly what those words mean. Let the little people, the expendable people, hang.

Of course, people always keep exculpatory evidence from being discovered at hearings all the time. :wacko:

You know exactly what those words mean. Let the little people, the expendable people, hang.

Of course, people always keep exculpatory evidence from being discovered at hearings all the time. :wacko:

WTF? :huh:

Why are you using a crazy emoticon there? I'm being serious here LABT. Are you suggesting that I have to turn over my personal property to the "authorities," even if there is an agreement that I don't have to, or be assumed to be hiding something? I don't like that at all. I know you and I enjoy some good back and forth, and this has nothing to do with my support for Tom and the Patriots. I never like this idea of, "if you're not hiding something why not turn it over," It would be one thing if he had destroyed his phone, like Hernandez did, or like Ray Lewis did with his suit. Simply saying, "no, you're not entitled to my texts," is not the same.

Why are you using a crazy emoticon there? I'm being serious here LABT. Are you suggesting that I have to turn over my personal property to the "authorities," even if there is an agreement that I don't have to, or be assumed to be hiding something? I don't like that at all. I know you and I enjoy some good back and forth, and this has nothing to do with my support for Tom and the Patriots. I never like this idea of, "if you're not hiding something why not turn it over," It would be one thing if he had destroyed his phone, like Hernandez did, or like Ray Lewis did with his suit. Simply saying, "no, you're not entitled to my texts," is not the same.

I'm not advocating requiring him to turn over his phone, but if he doesn't we have to go to with the evidence presented, which looks really bad. I think it's fair to assume that it's likely that if there was exculpatory evidence he would have shared it. I agree it's far from certain that's the case but I think there's a greater likelihood than not. Don't you?

Also, this isn't a criminal case, and the authorities aren't the government. There's no constitutional right (the US Constitution that is) to play in the league, and the collective bargaining agreement allows the commissioner to do what he's doing.

• Like 1

I'm not advocating requiring him to turn over his phone, but if he doesn't we have to go to with the evidence presented, which looks really bad. I think it's fair to assume that it's likely that if there was exculpatory evidence he would have shared it. I agree it's far from certain that's the case but I think there's a greater likelihood than not. Don't you?

Also, this isn't a criminal case, and the authorities aren't the government. There's no constitutional right (the US Constitution that is) to play in the league, and the collective bargaining agreement allows the commissioner to do what he's doing.

I agree that this has nothing to do with dealing with the government or constitutional rights. It's more about what kind of society we want to be, to be honest. We once had a young female employee in our office who, it was suspected, was sleeping with one of our clients' (married) employees. There was some concern that it could affect our relationship with the client (his employer) if things went south. One of my colleagues threw out the idea we could make her give us her phone to see if there were texts between them. I was really queasy about that, and said so.

• Like 1

I agree that this has nothing to do with dealing with the government or constitutional rights. It's more about what kind of society we want to be, to be honest. We once had a young female employee in our office who, it was suspected, was sleeping with one of our clients' (married) employees. There was some concern that it could affect our relationship with the client (his employer) if things went south. One of my colleagues threw out the idea we could make her give us her phone to see if there were texts between them. I was really queasy about that, and said so.

I think that requiring someone to give up their phone on the suspicion of impropriety is horrible. But if they had other strong evidence on her and decided to fire her for that reason and she was given the opportunity to hand over her phone to exonerate herself, and promised to keep anything they found secret, and she DIDN'T do it, what would that make you think about her innocence or guilt?

• Like 1

I think that requiring someone to give up their phone on the suspicion of impropriety is horrible. But if they had other strong evidence on her and decided to fire her for that reason and she was given the opportunity to hand over her phone to exonerate herself, and promised to keep anything they found secret, and she DIDN'T do it, what would that make you think about her innocence or guilt?

I think that's still the "authorities," meaning someone who has some power over you, being able to bully you into giving them access to private information they wouldn't have access to but for their suggestion you either turn it over or suffer the consequences.

• Like 1

I think I'm getting back into football season mode. The last month everything has seemed very blah to me in the NFL. I think us getting rid of Junior Galette has woken me up a bit.

I couldn't tell because of your routine maintenance on the Saints thread.
  • Like 1

I think I'm getting back into football season mode. The last month everything has seemed very blah to me in the NFL. I think us getting rid of Junior Galette has woken me up a bit.

I couldn't tell because of your routine maintenance on the Saints thread.

http://cdn.nextimpulsesports.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/erin.jpeg

What do Lindsey Graham and Tom Brady have in common?

Besides lack of accuracy more than 25 yards downfield.

Oh and really enjoying putting their hands "under center"...