Secondary Market Ticket Sales

Hey y'all,

Just 19 days to the Lincoln show. Still can't believe they'll be in my college town.

The last few tours, I hit a pair of shows each time. Often in Texas. We usually just bought a pair of tickets and would go wherever, and sit wherever.

Now, with this potentially the last tour they'll do, I want to get close. The closest I've been is sixth row.

StubHub is fast and reliable, but expensive.

For vividseats.com, there's a ticket on Alex's side, second row, for $218. I'm really close to pulling the trigger.

Is vividseats legit? I've never purchased from there, and they're a BBB member. But you never know with these kinds of things. It's not an instant download, and the ticket indicates 'preferred seller,' but I've got no clue what that means.

Any help would be great. If only it was StubHub simple all the time :).

Thanks mucho.

Vivid Seats is legit. I have used them. $218 seems like a bargain for second row in today's marketplace. Just make sure you account for the extra fees they will assess you (depending on the broker, it can be 10-20% on top of listed ticket price, plus the fedex/ups or download delivery charge). Also, given the price of it and how that seems low, you should do some research and see if you can find out the seat number. My guess is that seat very well might be close to the very far outside of the second row, which might not be to your liking at all. I once had a front row seat but it was so far to the outside on Alex's side that it actually sucked as I was outside of the speakers. I couldn't see shit. I would have preferred to be a few rows back but more centered. Check Stubhub or ticketmaster resale to see if the seat is listed on those sources--if so, ticketmaster resale will give the exact seat #. If stubhub, click on the listing. If it is an instant download or the seller is courteous, it might indicate the exact seat number. I would be very wary of any listing that is not in the center section that omits the seat number. Know what you are buying....prices today are so ridiculous, you need to know exactly where you'll be when you drop hard-earned cash
  • Like 1

Very good advice from LaVillaSean. I would rather sit a few rows back in the center than the far outside. I agree $218 seems like bargain, or something isn't quite right!

plus if it is listed on TM resale you are 150% certain it is legit. If you buy there, it invalidates the original buyer's barcode, issues a new one and it is then in your name totally. Nevertheless, Vividseats is legit....you will be fine. i'd just worry that the seat is what I call a "wallbanger" (so far to the outside that you are banging against the outside wall...lol)

Hmmm. Very good points. Didn't really think about much of that. That specific listing is gone (which is interesting, because you could have purchased just one or all four). I'll keep looking. And VividSeats appears to add anywhere from $50-$100 in service fees. Blah.