Which venues accept mail for signing?

Does anyone know a list of venues that accept mail for signing for this tour? Mostly I want to know if Pinnacle Bank Arena accepts mail, I emailed them but they didn't respond when I asked. Edited by DirkPrattLerxst

I think it's all hit and miss...some places do the right thing and forward their mail, others have no clue what to do with it. Just make sure whatever you send, is something that you won't mind losing if it gets lost...that's all I can advise.

I think it's all hit and miss...some places do the right thing and forward their mail, others have no clue what to do with it. Just make sure whatever you send, is something that you won't mind losing if it gets lost...that's all I can advise.

That's why I'm only sending vinyl I got at a flea market. $5 investment for a big time gain

• Like 1

It's really hit or miss. You're really at the mercy of who from the arena is handling the mail that day. Being a jaded New Yorker, I typically send things to states, that in my mind, are kinder than NY (e.g. EVERY OTHER STATE). Smaller venues have worked better. I think I'm 4 out of 5 in attempts. Like others have said, it's a pretty risk-free proposition. Just don't send anything you're not willing to lose. I stick with vinyl and CD inserts. Might try a drum head this year.

One thing I might add....wait to mail whatever you're sending so it arrives just a day or two before the show day. It could get lost otherwise.
  • Like 1

I sent the following to Prudential Center

Hi! So stoked to see Rush again on 6/27!

I've been reading on a fan forum that it may be possible to send small items (a CD cover, poster, etc.) to a venue addressed to the band's tour manager to be signed. I was wondering if that is possible for the Prudential Center?

If so, thank you and I just want to make sure I follow proper protocol. On the site, they say to address the package to Rush's tour manager but with the Center's address. The Center will give the packages to the tour manager. At this point, I understand that it out of the Center's hands. Furthermore, it was stated that a return stamped package or envelope be included.

Any information you can provide will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

This is the reply I got back;

Good Afternoon,

Unfortunately, we do not have access to the bands and cannot guarantee any special requests.

Thank you,

Prudential Center Guest Services

I've been reading on a fan forum that it may be possible to send small items (a CD cover, poster, etc.) to a venue addressed to the band's tour manager to be signed. I was wondering if that is possible for the Prudential Center?

If so, thank you and I just want to make sure I follow proper protocol. On the site, they say to address the package to Rush's tour manager but with the Center's address. The Center will give the packages to the tour manager. At this point, I understand that it out of the Center's hands. Furthermore, it was stated that a return stamped package or envelope be included.

Good Afternoon,

Unfortunately, we do not have access to the bands and cannot guarantee any special requests.

Thank you,

Why are people so adverse to using the telephone?

• Like 2

http://www.therushfo...20#entry2771315

http://www.therushfo...s/page__st__180

http://www.therushfo...s/page__st__200

Here are some links for instructions that people put up for getting items signed on the CA tour and they got them back. Some of the cities they mentioned that mail stuff back were Columbus, OH, Atlanta, GA, Seattle, WA and then someone like a month ago said on here somewhere they called Greensboro,NC and they said fans were welcome to send stuff but they could not guarantee signing. Someone else said the Wells Fargo Center in Philly never sent their item back so I wouldn't bother with them.

IMO you might try a phone call to a venue instead of an email. There are often common courtesies that go on in any workplace to help patrons or friendly people ;) that cannot be put in email or writing just because of "official policies." Good luck!

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 1

I spoke with the Greensboro Coliseum - and they welcome it, but can't guarantee anything (which I imagine will be the stance most venues take).

As someone posted earlier - plan it so it arrives a day or two before th eshow, and direct it to Rush c/o Liam Burt.

Also - be sure and include a return envelope with paid postage, and it's probably good idea to include your own sharpie (and not expect that to be returned).

I did this on the CA tour in Charlotte, and got my signed Permanent Waves album back about a week after the show. This time, I'm sending a drum head which shall be mounted on permanent display in my drum room

• Like 1

I spoke with the Greensboro Coliseum - and they welcome it, but can't guarantee anything (which I imagine will be the stance most venues take).

As someone posted earlier - plan it so it arrives a day or two before th eshow, and direct it to Rush c/o Liam Burt.

Also - be sure and include a return envelope with paid postage, and it's probably good idea to include your own sharpie (and not expect that to be returned).

I did this on the CA tour in Charlotte, and got my signed Permanent Waves album back about a week after the show. This time, I'm sending a drum head which shall be mounted on permanent display in my drum room

This probably sounds stupid but my belief that there is no such thing as a stupid question has gotten me far in life, haha. Where do you get a drum head? At a music shop? There is one in our town. Or Amazon?? My nephew is 13 and is a very enthusiastic beginning drummer. I'm thinking he would love it if I tried that idea and gave it to him as a gift.

Edited by blueschica

This probably sounds stupid but my belief that there is no such thing as a stupid question has gotten me far in life, haha. Where do you get a drum head? At a music shop? There is one in our town. Or Amazon?? My nephew is 13 and is a very enthusiastic beginning drummer. I'm thinking he would love it if I tried that idea and gave it to him as a gift.

Do you have a Guitar Center in town? They have them. It would be a little awkward and bulky to mail though. Something flat would be simpler… Like an album cover or tour program for example.

Do you have a Guitar Center in town? They have them. It would be a little awkward and bulky to mail though. Something flat would be simpler… Like an album cover or tour program for example.

Yes, thanks, EagleMoon, I am thinking along the same lines you are. I was looking at photos of drum heads and they didn't look like the easiest thing for Liam to stick back in an envelope and mail back. Maybe I was looking at the wrong ones but something alternative might be easier.

I need to show this thread to a jerk on another forum who was calling me stupid for wanting to send a copy of Moving Pictures to get signed. While I admit there is a bit of risk involved and truth be told do you really know who's signing it, what's the harm in trying? I even have a second copy of Moving Pictures on vinyl so if the mailed sleeve got lost it wouldn't be a big deal. I ended up not going through with it but good luck to those who do.

Additional advice:

1. Make sure you include a self-addressed stamped envelope - make it as easy as possible for them to comply with your request.

2. Include a SHORT note, not a dissertation-length letter, briefly saying how much you enjoy their music, etc. They have heard it all before, but a sincere letter of appreciation is likely welcomed.

3. Please, just get something signed for yourself and NOT to sell on eBay, etc! The guys have been doing this a long time for fans, and it has to be frustrating to see these things showing up for sale shortly after they were signed. Plus, every time it happens is one time closer to ruining it for other fans.

Good luck!

• Like 1

Additional advice:

1. Make sure you include a self-addressed stamped envelope - make it as easy as possible for them to comply with your request.

2. Include a SHORT note, not a dissertation-length letter, briefly saying how much you enjoy their music, etc. They have heard it all before, but a sincere letter of appreciation is likely welcomed.

3. Please, just get something signed for yourself and NOT to sell on eBay, etc! The guys have been doing this a long time for fans, and it has to be frustrating to see these things showing up for sale shortly after they were signed. Plus, every time it happens is one time closer to ruining it for other fans.

Good luck!

Totally agree. I want something for ME, screw everyone else! Let them get their own shit! :cool:

Good Afternoon,

Thank you,

Why are people so adverse to using the telephone?

"Press 1 for English...."

Fwiw, that email is too much info. Therefore the answer is possibly misleading. The only thing to ask is "if I send mail to the venue in advance of the rush r40 live tour, will the venue hold the mail and forward it to the tour when it arrives June 27?" The answer you got is to the part about whether the band will accept and sign items, not whether they'll give the package to a tour rep. It actually suggests that they may forward it, but "no guarantees" beyond that. I recall that a few people here sent items to prudential center in 2012 and got them back signed, but I'd have to go through the old thread to confirm.

I need to show this thread to a jerk on another forum who was calling me stupid for wanting to send a copy of Moving Pictures to get signed. While I admit there is a bit of risk involved and truth be told do you really know who's signing it, what's the harm in trying? I even have a second copy of Moving Pictures on vinyl so if the mailed sleeve got lost it wouldn't be a big deal. I ended up not going through with it but good luck to those who do.

I'm going to try it with one of my album covers I have an extra of; on the last tour, a lot of people got signed items back :) As you said, what's the harm in trying?