Dirt Tracks

troutman

Any fans out there?

I grew up right behind this track. I don't follow racing that much. But I really enjoy any type of racing where there is a dirt track involved. Some good memories of this place. The rivalry between some of the racers were really intense. A lot of fighting in the pits after races. :D

http://www.bakersfieldspeedway.com/

• Like 1

I love dirt track racing! Didn't know anything about it until we moved to central PA. There is a nice dirt track here only 20 minutes away from us. http://www.williamsgrove.com

Some NASCAR drivers have raced there in the past couple years; Kasey Kahne until his sprint car flipped there and I think his team owner told him "no more" and Tony Stewart before he stopped. It seemed like they enjoyed getting back to their roots. It's fun to follow the local drivers; have not seen any of those fights in the pits, though ! :laughing guy: :laughing guy: :laughing guy:

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 1

I love dirt track racing! Didn't know anything about it until we moved to central PA. There is a nice dirt track here only 20 minutes away from us www.williamsgrove.com

Some NASCAR drivers have raced there in the past couple years; Kasey Kahne until his sprint car flipped there and I think his team owner told him "no more" and Tony Stewart before he stopped. It seemed like they enjoyed getting back to their roots. It's fun to follow the local drivers; have not seen any of those fights in the pits, though ! :laughing guy: :laughing guy: :laughing guy:

Cool,

Well this was back in the 70's as far as the fighting goes. There was no getting around it. Things are a lot diferent these days.

• Like 1

I love dirt track racing! Didn't know anything about it until we moved to central PA. There is a nice dirt track here only 20 minutes away from us www.williamsgrove.com

Cool,

Well this was back in the 70's as far as the fighting goes. There was no getting around it. Things are a lot diferent these days.

Some things I guess, but if you sit close you still have to like dirt in your beer! :D

• Like 1

Cool,

Some things I guess, but if you sit close you still have to like dirt in your beer! :D

Thats part of the fun. :7up:

• Like 1

I've been seriously considering entering a street stock car at St. Croix Speedway in Wisconsin... I've run some laps in my brothers mini stock car up there, but I've never had the balls to actually race. At least not yet.

I love spending time at the track.

• Like 2

I've been seriously considering entering a street stock car at St. Croix Speedway in Wisconsin... I've run some laps in my brothers mini stock car up there, but I've never had the balls to actually race. At least not yet.

I love spending time at the track.

Thats awesome!

I hope you do it. Be safe. :ebert:

• Like 1

Before it got paved over and turned into a subdivision, went to Flat Rock (MI) for ARCA superstocks, local late model stock, Figure 8 racing, and a little Demo Derby. One of my workmates used to go to Toledo and Eldora on a regular basis, and I went with him to Toledo for a night of USAC Sprint Cars that was a blast. Tomorrow he will be on his annual pilgrimage to Indy for the 500.

Me? I'll be parked in front of the tube for all 1100 miles of racing Sunday, Fire 'Em Up!

As I said before, a lot of the name drivers in all the U.S. racing disciplines cut their teeth running in these bull rings, and a few of them still do.

• Like 3