Where are the leaks? No one has ears in LA?

LocalsBandGuy

We're under 3 weeks here and everything is still pretty tight and buttoned up on the Rush ship. I'm shocked. They are in Los Angeles with millions of other ears around and all we have is the 1 instance of over-hearing some tunage.

The more time that goes by as we get closer to May 8, the more I think we may be in for some treats and they're working hard to keep it quiet.

FOH has basically disappeared around here. That, to me, means something.

BTW: My apologies. I said months ago they'd be up in Hartford in the late spring WAAAAAY back in late 2014. I was off by a couple days. The Boston date is just after the equinox. Hartford didn't make the cut for the shortened tour length.

You're forgiven. My guess is a places got inquiries as to availability but ultimately didn't make the cut.

CA was very tight lipped as well. The "80's renaissance" was not revealed until the first show.

Who could blame a leaker for not leaking. Someone could post the exact setlist and maybe 1 out of 10 would believe it. The bad outweighs the good I'm afraid.

Edited by dtpoet
  • Like 1

I assume that wherever they are rehearsing there is security to keep snooping eyes and ears away. I would expect that the people with direct access to the band to be professional and not blab on the internet. Frankly, I don’t understand the desire to hear all the details and have all the surprises ruined for you.
  • Like 1

I assume that wherever they are rehearsing there is security to keep snooping eyes and ears away. I would expect that the people with direct access to the band to be professional and not blab on the internet. Frankly, I don’t understand the desire to hear all the details and have all the surprises ruined for you.

I am with you. You'll find out soon enough. But I do wonder where Alex and Geddy are staying - is Neil putting them up in his home? :huh:

I may be missing something here but was there ever a tour starting with vapor trails that big leaks came out this soon? I remember for R30 and time machine it may have come out a day or two before opening night only because they would do full on dress rehearsal and those tours started at amphitheatres so there was always someone to be out side and listen to it. For CA they started indoors so nobody could really hear the dress rehearsal. It just seems way too early for concrete stuff to come out.

As far as where they are rehearsing now I would imagine it is secluded enough that no one can really go snooping around. U2 is apparently rehearsing in Vancouver right before there tour starts soon in a big arena which plenty of people have been able to gather some info.

Edited by mrfriendly

1st song second set is a fade in of fog machines lights into.........wait for it....................

XANADU!!!

From Simone:

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy;

who knows this kid who's going with the girl who heard this from a guy named Ferris at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Thank You Simone

• Like 2

Frankly, I don’t understand the desire to hear all the details and have all the surprises ruined for you.

Good point but I think realistically if your a seeing a show within the first week most people might be able to hold out and not ruin the surprise but if you are seeing a show honestly after that in reality you would be tempted to see the setlist after opening night regardless. So its kind of like I know I am going to spoil myself on opening night so would love to just find out as soon as possible lol. Thats how crazy everyone is for this band!

Frankly, I don’t understand the desire to hear all the details and have all the surprises ruined for you.

Good point but I think realistically if your a seeing a show within the first week most people might be able to hold out and not ruin the surprise but if you are seeing a show honestly after that in reality you would be tempted to see the setlist after opening night regardless. So its kind of like I know I am going to spoil myself on opening night so would love to just find out as soon as possible lol. Thats how crazy everyone is for this band!

If I were seeing it the first five or so shows, I'd be all over not wanting to know...but since I have to wait until the end of May, I'll have no patience, and won't be able to NOT look (or download a bootleg or 11)

I saw the second show on the Vapor Trails tour and it took all I could to NOT read the setlist from the first show!

1st song second set is a fade in of fog machines lights into.........wait for it....................

XANADU!!!

From Simone:

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy;

who knows this kid who's going with the girl who heard this from a guy named Ferris at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Thank You Simone

That would be 31 Flavors of awesome. Xanadu to start the second set. Yes, please.
  • Like 1

This means that their employees can be trusted to keep their mouths shut. :)

Haha, well that's basically true! This time has been more hush hush than ever, and definitely by design. What I can say is that the show itself will be incredible, with some never before seen effects, and just a whole bunch of what every LD/Pyro guy dreams of. Add to that the fact that the band sounds as tight and professional as ever, and this will be, IMO, the show of shows. Certainly, a very appropriate way for them to make their exit. Even if you have to beg, borrow, or steal (OK, maybe not steal), don't miss this one!

That being said, I'm more than pretty sure that some leaks/photos will be seen before too long... :D

• Like 6

One would think that by now, this close to opening night, the band must have some sort of prototype setlist. Right?

They would have to have something going on soon. They have to put the whole show together with the lighting and videos. That takes time as well.

• Like 1

This means that their employees can be trusted to keep their mouths shut. :)

Haha, well that's basically true! This time has been more hush hush than ever, and definitely by design. What I can say is that the show itself will be incredible, with some never before seen effects, and just a whole bunch of what every LD/Pyro guy dreams of. Add to that the fact that the band sounds as tight and professional as ever, and this will be, IMO, the show of shows. Certainly, a very appropriate way for them to make their exit. Even if you have to beg, borrow, or steal (OK, maybe not steal), don't miss this one!

That being said, I'm more than pretty sure that some leaks/photos will be seen before too long... :D

Thanks FOH! Most know you are the go to person. It was VER tight before CA as well do I'm not expecting anything before the 8th - though I wants it very, very badly! Lol

I'm surprised FOH is acknowledging that a leak might happen soon. I know for CA of course everything was tight, but again hasn't it always been like that? For all the other tours I thought the only leaks came out a few days maybe if they were rehearsing opening night in an amphitheatre.

After his comment though I am just that much more stoked to see this!

I don't remember any leaks for the last tour but for ones before that any info leaked came just a few days before the tour started. Someone brought up the excellent point of the band playing mostly arenas instead of amphitheaters. Rehearsing in an indoor arena, nobody can stand outside and listen for what they're performing like you can in a wide open amphitheater. That's how the setlist from the Time Machine tour got leaked a few days ahead of time. People where hanging out around the amphitheater and where able to hear what they were doing. You will not have that kind of luck with them rehearsing indoors unless you work for the venue.
  • Like 1

One would think that by now, this close to opening night, the band must have some sort of prototype setlist. Right?

This far into rehearsals, the main set list has long been decided.

I would hope.

Now let the debate begin on what FOH means by "main". :)

This far into rehearsals, the main set list has long been decided.

I would hope.

Now let the debate begin on what FOH means by "main". :)

Isn't it obvious? They've already said they're going to rotate songs.

my uneducated guess would be that the setlists (both A and B) are pretty much determined by now as is the light/video part of the show and they are in full on rehearsal mode to make sure it sounds great and flows etc....perhaps a song or two would get moved to a different place in the set. But remember, that doesn't mean we are, or should be, privy to it at this time.