Jump to content


Cute Rush dress needs a home!


  • Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Puppyloo

Puppyloo

    The Seeker

  • Members
  • 191 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Sunny FLA
  • Interests:Good food, good music and shitty movies

Posted 19 April 2015 - 03:22 PM

Hi Ladies!
I was really excited to find this adorable repurposed dress made from a mens Test for Echo t-shirt online to wear for R40. Unfortunately, it's waaaaay too short for my height (5'11") without showing everyone the goods if I jump up and down (as I'm want to do while rocking out at a Rush show.) Rather than let it languish at the back of my closet, I'm hoping someone on here might be still looking for something unique to wear to one of the upcoming shows or showing off your Rushgurl fandom!

The dress maker said it's a "medium", but again it's one of a kind custom so that's a best guess-timate. I typically wear around a 10-12/Large for dresses and while this was form-fitting, it's not binding. The deep boat neck collar is very flattering and probably really sexy on someone whose got more curves on top than I. It could easily be worn tunic style with leggings, as well as a dress. (I'm including a pic of it on to give some idea of the fit - sorry, hard to get a full body pic when you're tall & lack full length mirror. lol!)

I seem to be challenged in figuring out how to attach photos to this post, so below are links to the images on flickr:

Front - https://flic.kr/p/rVBALW

Back - https://flic.kr/p/rVAyay

Fit - https://flic.kr/p/sdbKrp

I'm only asking to cover the cost that I paid for it ($35), plus whatever shipping you'd like.
Comment below or PM me if interested!
Thanks,
Dawn ( :

Edited by Puppyloo, 19 April 2015 - 03:26 PM.


Sponsored Post

#2 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

    Beauty and the Bass

  • Members
  • 21767 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Phoenix, Arizona
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 19 April 2015 - 03:33 PM

Too small for me I'm sure, but good luck. :)

#3 Narps

Narps

    Official TRF Pace Car Driver

  • Members
  • 27721 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Myrtle Beach SC
  • Interests:Exercise, my children, my new grandchildren(twin boys), the rest of my life...

Posted 19 April 2015 - 03:33 PM

View PostEagleMoon, on 19 April 2015 - 03:33 PM, said:

Too small for me I'm sure, but good luck. :)
Me too... :)

#4 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

    Beauty and the Bass

  • Members
  • 21767 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Phoenix, Arizona
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 19 April 2015 - 03:38 PM

View PostNarpsberg, on 19 April 2015 - 03:33 PM, said:

View PostEagleMoon, on 19 April 2015 - 03:33 PM, said:

Too small for me I'm sure, but good luck. :)
Me too... :)

I'm sure it would be a bit tight on you.  :lol:

#5 Narps

Narps

    Official TRF Pace Car Driver

  • Members
  • 27721 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Myrtle Beach SC
  • Interests:Exercise, my children, my new grandchildren(twin boys), the rest of my life...

Posted 19 April 2015 - 03:39 PM

View PostEagleMoon, on 19 April 2015 - 03:38 PM, said:

View PostNarpsberg, on 19 April 2015 - 03:33 PM, said:

View PostEagleMoon, on 19 April 2015 - 03:33 PM, said:

Too small for me I'm sure, but good luck. :)
Me too... :)

I'm sure it would be a bit tight on you.  :lol:
Not sure how to take that?... :lol:

#6 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

    Beauty and the Bass

  • Members
  • 21767 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Phoenix, Arizona
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 19 April 2015 - 03:40 PM

View PostNarpsberg, on 19 April 2015 - 03:39 PM, said:

View PostEagleMoon, on 19 April 2015 - 03:38 PM, said:

View PostNarpsberg, on 19 April 2015 - 03:33 PM, said:

View PostEagleMoon, on 19 April 2015 - 03:33 PM, said:

Too small for me I'm sure, but good luck. :)
Me too... :)

I'm sure it would be a bit tight on you.  :lol:
Not sure how to take that?... :lol:

:lol:

#7 toymaker

toymaker

    The God Of Balance

  • Members
  • 5896 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ontario
  • Interests:Songwriting and recording, cycling, movies, guitar and bass collecting

Posted 19 April 2015 - 03:46 PM

Must . . . erase . . . mental . . . image

#8 Narps

Narps

    Official TRF Pace Car Driver

  • Members
  • 27721 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Myrtle Beach SC
  • Interests:Exercise, my children, my new grandchildren(twin boys), the rest of my life...

Posted 19 April 2015 - 04:06 PM

View Posttoymaker, on 19 April 2015 - 03:46 PM, said:

Must . . . erase . . . mental . . . image
Hope you aren't referring to pic # 3 (fit)? Geez. Smoke'in whomever is doing the modeling and it honestly does show the garment in the best possible light... :)

#9 toymaker

toymaker

    The God Of Balance

  • Members
  • 5896 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ontario
  • Interests:Songwriting and recording, cycling, movies, guitar and bass collecting

Posted 19 April 2015 - 04:14 PM

View PostNarpsberg, on 19 April 2015 - 04:06 PM, said:

View Posttoymaker, on 19 April 2015 - 03:46 PM, said:

Must . . . erase . . . mental . . . image
Hope you aren't referring to pic # 3 (fit)? Geez. Smoke'in whomever is doing the modeling and it honestly does show the garment in the best possible light... :)

No.  No offense, man, but it was the image of you wearing the dress!

#10 Narps

Narps

    Official TRF Pace Car Driver

  • Members
  • 27721 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Myrtle Beach SC
  • Interests:Exercise, my children, my new grandchildren(twin boys), the rest of my life...

Posted 19 April 2015 - 04:15 PM

View Posttoymaker, on 19 April 2015 - 04:14 PM, said:

View PostNarpsberg, on 19 April 2015 - 04:06 PM, said:

View Posttoymaker, on 19 April 2015 - 03:46 PM, said:

Must . . . erase . . . mental . . . image
Hope you aren't referring to pic # 3 (fit)? Geez. Smoke'in whomever is doing the modeling and it honestly does show the garment in the best possible light... :)

No.  No offense, man, but it was the image of you wearing the dress!
No offense taken... :)

#11 Maverick

Maverick

    SWEDGIN!

  • Members *
  • 24284 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Low Earth Orbit
  • Interests:Painfully Geeky

Posted 19 April 2015 - 04:21 PM

View Posttoymaker, on 19 April 2015 - 03:46 PM, said:

Must . . . erase . . . mental . . . image

That which cannot be mentally unseen!

#12 gudbuytjane

gudbuytjane

    Prime Mover

  • Members *
  • 858 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:One android on the run
  • Interests:0111000001101001011110100111101001100001

Posted 19 April 2015 - 05:18 PM

It's been a couple (ahem) years since I could wear a 10/12, but I hope that someone finds a home for that dress because a) cute! and b) Rush! :)

#13 jamie

jamie

    The Biggest Thing Since Powdered TOST

  • Members
  • 12162 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Perris,CA
  • Interests:cats, dogs, sleeping, steve harris, bass players with long brown hair

Posted 19 April 2015 - 08:45 PM

that's so cute but it probably wouldn't fit me :(

#14 Union 5-3992

Union 5-3992

    A Pale Boy with only Half a Brain

  • Members *
  • 21065 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The rich and sunny planet Ursa Minor Beta (or Buffalo NY)

Posted 19 April 2015 - 10:58 PM

View Posttoymaker, on 19 April 2015 - 03:46 PM, said:

Must . . . erase . . . mental . . . image
Mind.Cannot.Erase.

#15 Cygnus 2112

Cygnus 2112

    The Professor

  • Members *
  • 4651 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:British Columbia Canada

Posted 20 April 2015 - 12:46 AM

View Posttoymaker, on 19 April 2015 - 03:46 PM, said:

Must . . . erase . . . mental . . . image
This is what nightmares are made of.

#16 x1yyz

x1yyz

    The Shark Whisperer

  • Members
  • 8821 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Oakland, CA
  • Interests:Stuff. And things.

Posted 20 April 2015 - 01:31 AM

View PostPuppyloo, on 19 April 2015 - 03:22 PM, said:

Hi Ladies!
I was really excited to find this adorable repurposed dress made from a mens Test for Echo t-shirt online to wear for R40. Unfortunately, it's waaaaay too short for my height (5'11") without showing everyone the goods if I jump up and down (as I'm want to do while rocking out at a Rush show.) Rather than let it languish at the back of my closet, I'm hoping someone on here might be still looking for something unique to wear to one of the upcoming shows or showing off your Rushgurl fandom!

The dress maker said it's a "medium", but again it's one of a kind custom so that's a best guess-timate. I typically wear around a 10-12/Large for dresses and while this was form-fitting, it's not binding. The deep boat neck collar is very flattering and probably really sexy on someone whose got more curves on top than I. It could easily be worn tunic style with leggings, as well as a dress. (I'm including a pic of it on to give some idea of the fit - sorry, hard to get a full body pic when you're tall & lack full length mirror. lol!)

I seem to be challenged in figuring out how to attach photos to this post, so below are links to the images on flickr:

Front - https://flic.kr/p/rVBALW

Back - https://flic.kr/p/rVAyay

Fit - https://flic.kr/p/sdbKrp

I'm only asking to cover the cost that I paid for it ($35), plus whatever shipping you'd like.
Comment below or PM me if interested!
Thanks,
Dawn ( :

It looks like it fits you well.  Just wear it over a pair of leggings and then it won't matter that it's short :)

#17 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 42177 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 20 April 2015 - 11:04 AM

It's too big for me.

#18 troutman

troutman

    My views are fishy

  • Members *
  • 44549 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Anchorage, Alaska

Posted 20 April 2015 - 11:27 AM

That has ladirushfan80 written all over it !! :D

#19 Narps

Narps

    Official TRF Pace Car Driver

  • Members
  • 27721 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Myrtle Beach SC
  • Interests:Exercise, my children, my new grandchildren(twin boys), the rest of my life...

Posted 20 April 2015 - 12:48 PM

View Posttroutman, on 20 April 2015 - 11:27 AM, said:

That has ladirushfan80 written all over it !! :D
I was thinking the same. :cheers: Looks great on Dawn as well however. Just my opinion...

#20 Babycat

Babycat

    Party Animal

  • Members *
  • 79260 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Wherever the catnip is...

Posted 21 April 2015 - 12:53 PM

View PostNarpsberg, on 19 April 2015 - 03:39 PM, said:

View PostEagleMoon, on 19 April 2015 - 03:38 PM, said:

View PostNarpsberg, on 19 April 2015 - 03:33 PM, said:

View PostEagleMoon, on 19 April 2015 - 03:33 PM, said:

Too small for me I'm sure, but good luck. :)
Me too... :)

I'm sure it would be a bit tight on you.  :lol:
Not sure how to take that?... :lol:
  :lol:




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users