Jane's Addiction

troutman

Hard for me to see how anyone who loves guitar rock cannot love Nothing's Shocking and Ritual, unless Perry Farrell is just too much to take. Mountain Song and Three Days are all-time greats no doubt.
  • Like 3

hell, I'm surprised people here are so into them. they're one of the few bands that brings together metalheads, punks, hippies, prog fairies, everyone

Yeah, I've always thought of them as the Led Zeppelin of the post-punk era, in that they were hard to pin down but had a broad appeal, and completely rocked. If only they had kept the momentum of Ritual.

• Like 4

hell, I'm surprised people here are so into them. they're one of the few bands that brings together metalheads, punks, hippies, prog fairies, everyone

Yeah, I've always thought of them as the Led Zeppelin of the post-punk era, in that they were hard to pin down but had a broad appeal, and completely rocked. If only they had kept the momentum of Ritual.

If I go,

Should I wear my :rush: shirt? :D

• Like 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xh-5FI21s6M

Another classic song of theirs.

Good lord! Do I hear steel drums on that?

They distinguish it from the original version on their first album. Or it was thought the song needed a boost and they didn't have cowbells handy.

Thanks,

I will check out these tunes after work tonight. :cheers:

I will see :rush: that same week! :haz:

Make sure you get to 2:48 on Mountain Song and then enjoy the ride!

Edited by Rutlefan
  • Like 1

Thanks,

I will check out these tunes after work tonight. :cheers:

I will see :rush: that same week! :haz:

A heckuva week!

If you can't be fishing, might as well be doing that!

Interesting tune. :D

But if the crowd is going to be like that I will be in the back drinking beer. :LOL:

BTW, I want to be there early to maybe meet the band with my :rush: shirt on. What CD should I buy to have them sign if it all goes as planned?

I admit I know nothing about the band. Heard their name mentioned a lot. I was wondering if there were any fans here? They will be performing in Anchorage later on this year. Wasn't sure if it was worth checking them out or not. Any thoughts?

Having never heard of this band, when I saw the thread title, I thought you were going to tell us something about our Janie.

Edited by Lorraine

I admit I know nothing about the band. Heard their name mentioned a lot. I was wondering if there were any fans here? They will be performing in Anchorage later on this year. Wasn't sure if it was worth checking them out or not. Any thoughts?

Having never heard of this band, when I saw the thread title, I thought you were going to tell us something about our Janie.

Nope,

Another Jane. :LOL:

• Like 1

Nope,

She was addicted to gorillas? That Jane? Or was it chimps?

Edited by toymaker
  • Like 1

Nope,

She was addicted to gorillas? That Jane?

:laughing guy: :ebert:

Just learned that Janes Addiction will be in my neck of the woods on 5/15...so I bought a ticket. Complete performance of Nothing's Shocking.

Interesting...I wonder how they'll sound. I have no idea if Perry and the band have still 'got it'. Hope it's great, though!

Last I saw them was in October. They sounded great. They got cut short due to some karaoke clown who went way over his timeslot, but that's another story. This is the performance. It was for CBGB festival in Times Square and was free. Devo played earlier, FWIW...

^^ I wish I knew why my youtube links don't embed...

Last I saw them was in October. They sounded great. They got cut short due to some karaoke clown who went way over his timeslot, but that's another story. This is the performance. It was for CBGB festival in Times Square and was free. Devo played earlier, FWIW...

^^ I wish I knew why my youtube links don't embed...

You have to take the "s" off "https" and it will work.

• Like 1