RIP Grandma :(

fraroc

I have some extremely bad news...Today at approximately 3:00PM, My grandmother on my mother's side passed away at the age of 68. Now, right now I'm not really that sad because I knew how sick she was and I knew that she wasn't really doing that well for the past few days, her breathing wasn't that good and mentally, she was beginning to be more asleep than awake. God, to say that this woman was a fighter was a total understatement. She was first diagnosed with lung cancer in 1995 and has been battling a combination of lung cancer and brain cancer since 1999. This woman has been battling cancer for literally TWENTY years, she should have been dead many times over before today. She technically should not have made it past the year 2000, but she did. She should not have made it to see my grandfather's retirement in 2007, but she did...Since the summer of 2013, she had been wheelchair bound following a brain surgery to remove necrotic tissue from all the radiation she had for the past few years, but that did NOT break her spirits at all! She still fought with all of her might....From then until about a week ago, she was still in good mental condition....

Anyway, I will miss you SO f***ing much grandma....All my almost 21 year existence, you were the model of someone of perseverance and inner strength, you basically told the grim reaper to go f**k himself for at least 16 years and you were never afraid.....I only wish to be as strong as you.

• Like 7

I have some extremely bad news...Today at approximately 3:00PM, My grandmother on my mother's side passed away at the age of 68. Now, right now I'm not really that sad because I knew how sick she was and I knew that she wasn't really doing that well for the past few days, her breathing wasn't that good and mentally, she was beginning to be more asleep than awake. God, to say that this woman was a fighter was a total understatement. She was first diagnosed with lung cancer in 1995 and has been battling a combination of lung cancer and brain cancer since 1999. This woman has been battling cancer for literally TWENTY years, she should have been dead many times over before today. She technically should not have made it past the year 2000, but she did. She should not have made it to see my grandfather's retirement in 2007, but she did...Since the summer of 2013, she had been wheelchair bound following a brain surgery to remove necrotic tissue from all the radiation she had for the past few years, but that did NOT break her spirits at all! She still fought with all of her might....From then until about a week ago, she was still in good mental condition....

Anyway, I will miss you SO f***ing much grandma....All my almost 21 year existence, you were the model of someone of perseverance and inner strength, you basically told the grim reaper to go f**k himself for at least 16 years and you were never afraid.....I only wish to be as strong as you.

She sounds like an amazing woman. I'm sorry for your loss.

So sorry man.

But, listen. It sounds like your grandma was a great woman. And ( this may be cliché, but ) I'm sure she is in a better place.

Freddy's here for ya man.

Sorry to hear this. Your note is a touching tribute and a beautiful testimony to her life.

As has been written...the treasure of a life...is a measure of love and respect...the way that you live, the gifts that you give...

RIP...

• Like 3

She was a brave and strong woman and your tribute to her was very heartfelt and touching. Allow yourself time to grieve in whatever way you need to, it is hard to see loved ones suffer but still hard to let go. Bless you :heart: :hug2: For Grandma :rose: