Bill Ward on Sabbath Reunion

Union 5-3992

He finally opened up about it on Facebook today

Dear Friends' date='

I hope you’re well and in good spirits. I have not made any public statements regarding my relationship with Black Sabbath since February 2012. Today, I want to address that relationship in this formal statement. Thank you.

I have neither severed nor discontinued my relationship with Black Sabbath, however, since 2012, the often inaccurate statements about me as a person and as a musician have caused me to be guarded and be especially detached emotionally and spiritually from Ozzy. His rhetoric above all has brought me the most discord. The continuing misguided information about me has established a necessity on my part to confront these issues. And now, with the imminent release of a new Bill Ward Band album, and the flurry of rumors about new Sabbath projects, I feel it appropriate to speak in a truthful and an un-cynical way.

There is always speculation about a true, original Sabbath lineup for the next tour or record. With a sad heart, I have to say I will not participate in any musical undertakings until a righting of the wrongs spoken against me has been achieved. I must admit, I have little to no expectations of this happening, but in the order of first things first, I’m looking for an honest accountability of all of Ozzy’s statements that I felt were untrue. I would want Ozzy to amend his opinions and exaggerations. I would want him to be forthcoming about his unrealistic viewpoints. And because I was chastised publicly, I would want him to amend publicly in his words, and not through an Ozzy representative, the nature of the wrongs. I would not want to continue on with him without this seemingly impassible dilemma being addressed. I don’t think previously strong relationships can remain strong after dispute by just sweeping the offensive stuff under the carpet, or by saying a puny sorry, or “oh, that’s all over now.” It doesn’t work like that for me. Righting of wrong works, and that’s what I want if I’m ever going to be his friend again.

Still undone and faraway is a “signable” contract. I would require a “signable” contract before moving one step toward a pathway that could lead to us all playing together again. I want a contract I can approve. That’s my truth. That’s my stand. I’ve listened to nothing but insults and false remarks, and if as a band or as individuals they wish to continue along the same lines, then any notion of an original Black Sabbath lineup will continue to fade away.

Put simply, it’s up to them. I have dearly missed playing with them and as people, I have been heartbroken over the loss of who I thought we were. And now you know where I stand.

Very soon my band, BWB will release a new album ironically called “Accountable Beasts.” I re- kick-started it in May 2012, and in an off and on journey to record, we have reached our final destination – a good mix, and a well mastered record. At this time we are putting the final touches on the digital booklet.

There are other multiple projects in different stages of progress, and I hope to bring more definitive news about them as things

unfold this year. I have been very happy writing new songs, playing drums and working with other musicians. I have been blessed with musical visions and the ability to harness them. I’m moving into the future with an optimistic outlook.

For our many Sabbath fans, I love you all dearly. You are extremely special people. You f***ing rock. I have been in deep regret since January 2012 that a true union was denied. I’ve remained faithful to you and honest with myself. Had I not been honest throughout I would have perished long ago. My hand is within yours, and I am encouraged to know you better. Stay safe and stay strong.

Now it is time to meet the circumstances of my statement and attend to what else is ongoing and before me.

Love,

Bill Ward

[/quote']

if iommi has the stamina even while dying of cancer and no-brain-cells osbourne can still rock every night, I'm sure bill can. what sharon needs to do is pay the f***er more money and get this show on the road!
  • Like 4

if iommi has the stamina even while dying of cancer and no-brain-cells osbourne can still rock every night, I'm sure bill can. what sharon needs to do is pay the f***er more money and get this show on the road!

While you make a good point about Tony and Ozzy, having heart issues trumps their health issues. Ward is the biggest liability of the three because he's had a heart attack. They don't need him dropping dead in the middle of a show. There's always the possibility that can happen to Tony or Ozzy to, but taking a drummer who doesn't have good cardio out on the road with you is not a good idea.

While you make a good point about Tony and Ozzy, having heart issues trumps their health issues. Ward is the biggest liability of the three because he's had a heart attack. They don't need him dropping dead in the middle of a show. There's always the possibility that can happen to Tony or Ozzy to, but taking a drummer who doesn't have good cardio out on the road with you is not a good idea.

then get me to drum! I'll take what sharon was gonna pay bill (100 dollars) for a chance to hang with sabbath

I'd love to see the original line up together again and in an idyllic world everyone should have the same slice of the cake.

But I'm not crucifing Ozzy because after all he was the one originally sacked from the band and then the one who built up a great solo career.

If you think back to 1979, do Tony, Geezer and Bill really deserve fair play?

Sounds like a tempramental teenager. Embarrassing.Imagine taking anything Ozzy says seriously.Oh well, it's his loss. Just remember, If he got the nod, he would ditch the " Bill Ward Band" in the blink of an eye.I feel he has blown his chance to "milk the cow" one more time with his pompous dramatics. Edited by foghorn-leghorn

I don't understand - what did Ozzy say about Bill that got the drummer's knickers in a twist?

See my previous post.

So basically, Ozzy called Bill Ward a fat, out of shape vegan?

That one?

I don't understand - what did Ozzy say about Bill that got the drummer's knickers in a twist?

See my previous post.

So basically, Ozzy called Bill Ward a fat, out of shape vegan?

That one?

Yep. I "embellished" the situation a bit, but it's pretty much what happened.

I'd love to see the original line up together again and in an idyllic world everyone should have the same slice of the cake.

But I'm not crucifing Ozzy because after all he was the one originally sacked from the band and then the one who built up a great solo career.

If you think back to 1979, do Tony, Geezer and Bill really deserve fair play?

DISCLAIMER: I love the Ozzy and Dio eras of Sabbath, and I think Ozzy's first two solo albums are as good as any albums put out by anyone ever.

I'll go ahead and crucify Ozzy because, when Tony and Geezer reunited with Dio in 2006 for the Dio years, Ozzy was out saying that only the original four were Black Sabbath. He sued Tony to get half the rights to the name Black Sabbath, although in 1980 he sold Tony his 1/4 share, and under no circumstances would Ozzy be entitled to 1/2. He did all that because, tired of Ozzy refusing to put together a new album, they reunited with Ronnie, and put out 3 decent tunes for The Dio Years, and a decent album in 2009. But when Ward isn't part of the making of 13, all of sudden 3 of the original 4 are Black Sabbath.

Ozzy was going down the tubes in 1979. Credit Sharon with saving his life from drugs and booze, and, perhaps more importantly for that continuing, putting him together with Randy and Daisley to put out two phenomenal albums. But he deserved to get fired when he did.

I don't blame the band for deciding Ward couldn't do the job. That's their prerogative. Bill can easily prove Ozzy was slandering him if he wants to. But Ozzy can't have it both ways. Either the original 4 only are Sabbath (as he said circa 2007) or not (circa 2012-present).

Ozzy responded:

I never wanted to discuss this in a public forum but Bill's statements left me no option to but to respond honestly.

Wow Bill,

What the f**k are you on about? I cannot apologize for comments or opinions I may have made about you in the press during Sabbath’s “13” album and tour-- physically, you knew you were f***ed. Tony, Geezer and myself didn’t think you could have done a two hour set with a drum solo every night, so we made the decision to move on. With Tony’s condition we felt that time was not on our side.

Bill, stop this smokescreen about an “unsignable contract” and let’s be honest. Deep down inside you knew you weren’t capable of doing the album and a 16 month tour. Unfortunately for you, our instincts were correct as you were in hospital several times during 2013. Your last hospitalization was for a shoulder surgery that you now say you’ve only just recovered from. This would have meant that our world tour would have been canceled. So how is all of this my fault? Stop playing the victim and be honest with yourself and our fans.

Bill, we go back a long way, let’s stop this now before it gets out of hand.

God bless you.

Love.

Ozzy

• Like 1

The most overrated Rock star EVAH!

ever heard of bono

Good choice, but Ozzy wins. Bono writes most of his lyrics and is a better singer!

But I thank God (or someone else who lives in the basement...) he's not the one who fronted Sabbath in 9 albums.

I repeat I'd like to have all the four Sabbath original members together, loving each other and making great music, but looking back at the band history everyone has his share of blame.

The most overrated Rock star EVAH!

ever heard of bono

Good choice, but Ozzy wins. Bono writes most of his lyrics and is a better singer!

but ozzy has appeared on good albums :D

• Like 2