Coffee lovers- what do you like? And where do you buy it?

Blue J

I live about 4 miles from a Starbucks roasting plant. I love their french roast, and that's what the wife and I usually drink. We buy it at Costco when it goes on sale...works out to less than $5/pound. We switched a couple of months ago when we ran out of the french roast and couldn't replace it at a good price. The new coffee is a lighter Colombian roast. with a nuttier, milder flavor to it, which is OK, but not great. The Starbucks is back on sale so I just bought a bunch and am looking forward to opening it up soon.

The darker the better, please.

• Like 1

Im not picky, but I drink my coffee black. Strong, and dark, I think at home I have some kind of french roast at the moment. There is a roaster in town Ill get whole bean coffee from time to time. I use only a french press, there is a small pot that is on my stove 24/7 to boil water, its a gas range so it really doesnt take much longer than a normal coffee machine.

I like drinking coffee cold in the hotter months- I just brew it in the french press, wait for it to get room temp, and pour it over ice. Even when I want hot coffee, I dont like it real hot, I have to be able to "gulp" it down

Same here which is why I almost always order shots over ice. I need to get the caffeine into my system the quickest way possible and until someone invents injectable coffee, I am forced to stick to iced coffee. Even in the dead of winter. Iced.

Germany serves "eiskaffee". Black coffee poured over a scoop of ice cream in a parfait glass. It's is delicious!
  • Like 1

This is what my mom used to drink...mixed with luke warm tap water.

http://shop.coles.com.au/wcsstore/Coles-CAS/images/5/8/9/5892498.jpg

• Like 1

Even when I want hot coffee, I dont like it real hot, I have to be able to "gulp" it down

I have to put an ice cube in my husband's coffee every morning. :LOL:

I spend half the time blowing it.

Im not picky, but I drink my coffee black. Strong, and dark, I think at home I have some kind of french roast at the moment. There is a roaster in town Ill get whole bean coffee from time to time. I use only a french press, there is a small pot that is on my stove 24/7 to boil water, its a gas range so it really doesnt take much longer than a normal coffee machine.

I like drinking coffee cold in the hotter months- I just brew it in the french press, wait for it to get room temp, and pour it over ice. Even when I want hot coffee, I dont like it real hot, I have to be able to "gulp" it down

Same here which is why I almost always order shots over ice. I need to get the caffeine into my system the quickest way possible and until someone invents injectable coffee, I am forced to stick to iced coffee. Even in the dead of winter. Iced.

Germany serves "eiskaffee". Black coffee poured over a scoop of ice cream in a parfait glass. It's is delicious!

That does sound good! I don't have much of a sweet tooth but I sometimes get coffee ice cream and drizzle chocolate over top. And sometimes, when I can find them, I get coffee hard candies.

I LOVE the flavor of coffee. And the smell of it. It's euphoric. I swear.

• Like 1

Hot and full of creamy, artificially flavored vegetable oil!

Although, now Coffee Mate makes "Natural Bliss" which is just cream and junk.

This is what my mom used to drink...mixed with luke warm tap water.

http://shop.coles.com.au/wcsstore/Coles-CAS/images/5/8/9/5892498.jpg

You can make a really good ice coffee using that. It involves whisking it together with sugar/caramel syrup and ice cold water. I can't tell you exactly how because I don't know. My sister makes it and it tastes exactly like the canned ones from Starbucks.

• Like 1

I have tried many variations on coffee; with a little nutmeg, vanilla essence, cinnamon, ground ginger, chocolate suryp or caramel suryp but nothings beats a cup as black as a black hole.

Sometimes I'll have something like this

http://scontent.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xaf1/t51.2885-15/s306x306/e15/11055844_881502251891491_373459832_n.jpg

• Like 2

I have tried many variations on coffee; with a little nutmeg, vanilla essence, cinnamon, ground ginger, chocolate suryp or caramel suryp but nothings beats a cup as black as a black hole.

http://scontent.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xaf1/t51.2885-15/s306x306/e15/11055844_881502251891491_373459832_n.jpg

I've had one of those every time I've been in Denmark!
  • Like 1

I've had one of those every time I've been in Denmark!

Sounds and looks like a milkshake. :P

I don't care much for the smell of it, so I'm a bit a-feared of what it might taste like.

Have this instead.

:digi: :P

Yum! What is it?

• Like 1

That does sound good! I don't have much of a sweet tooth but I sometimes get coffee ice cream and drizzle chocolate over top. And sometimes, when I can find them, I get coffee hard candies.

I LOVE the flavor of coffee. And the smell of it. It's euphoric. I swear.

Living near the roasting plant, it is heaven to drive by after 10:00 PM. It smells amazing!

You all make it seem so great, and I feel a bit bad that I'm missing out on something. But then I get close to it and I just get turned off for some reason.
  • Like 1