Coffee lovers- what do you like? And where do you buy it?

Blue J

When I'm home, I drink the local grocery store's (Wegman's) Colombian with flavored creamer.

I've had cake from Wegman's bakery. But not the coffee.

Their economy might be going down the pan, but my do they produce nice coffee.

Venezuelan Viennese Roast

Dark bodied, medium roasted with hints of richness. Absolutely delicious.

Viennese and full city roasts are the best!

:cheers: :coffee:

First taste this morning, of something I just picked up this week. The beans were just roasted on Monday, as a matter of fact.

Bella Vista, Bourbon.

No, it's not bourbon, it's coffee...from Brazil.

• Like 1

I have a Keurig so I've been sampling some flavors that I like. First, I love the Vanilla Crème Puff Donut Shop (and donut shop in general). I will be trying Cinnebon and regular Dunkin Donuts.

It's a dreary, rainy day in the valley, and I just made myself an espresso. I don't use this thing enough...

http://www.saporifineflavors.com/userfiles/image/Red%20X1.jpg

Sumtran whole bean, in bulk at Lucky's Market.

Half and half and one sugar,

Been hitting Lucky's quite a bit lately, trying the different bulk coffees at home. $8.99/lb. Some 15 varieties, and another 5 or 6 decaffeinated if you don't want the buzz. All whole bean, and if you want you can grind it to your liking. Last time I went, for me I got a half and half pound of Sumatran and French Roast, and for Karen a half pound of Ethiopian ( bright, high acid.)

An open question for all of you coffee lovers: what makes coffee taste "grassy"? I find that no matter what beans or grinder setting I use, my espresso and drip coffee taste like dandelions, especially after having cooled down a little bit. Sometimes I get the same taste profile from like cheap coffeeshop drip coffee as well.

I'd kind of like to avoid it! :LOL:

I usually grind my own beans and use a french press, but when I am in a hurry I will stop off at DD for a cup of there regular coffee before I get to work. Once I am at work whatever the School Office staff brews up it is pretty good and I will drink it.

An open question for all of you coffee lovers: what makes coffee taste "grassy"? I find that no matter what beans or grinder setting I use, my espresso and drip coffee taste like dandelions, especially after having cooled down a little bit. Sometimes I get the same taste profile from like cheap coffeeshop drip coffee as well.

Grassy? I've never noticed that before, and I drink a lot of coffee. A lot. More than you'd think. :LOL:

Maybe if I eat a dandelion, I'd be like..holy crap that taste like coffee! :LMAO:

Edited by ILSnwdog
  • Like 2

Drinking an SHB roast from Guatemala this morning, which I haven't had for quite awhile. I don't like it as much as the one from Costa Rica, which is my absolute favorite, but it's still very good.

I usually grind my own beans and use a french press, but when I am in a hurry I will stop off at DD for a cup of there regular coffee before I get to work. Once I am at work whatever the School Office staff brews up it is pretty good and I will drink it.

French presses are awesome! :ebert:

My advice is to always make enough time to do it that way, and find a different way to save time when you're in a hurry.

Grassy? I prefer 'earthy'.

What beans do you usually use?

Grassy? I've never noticed that before, and I drink a lot of coffee. A lot. More than you'd think. :LOL:

Maybe if I eat a dandelion, I'd be like..holy crap that taste like coffee! :LMAO:

Ahh, yes, that was the exact thought I had, during my last feast of dandelions...

:unsure:

• Like 1

I had to give up coffee a couple of months ago. High blood pressure.

I sure do miss it. Haven't felt awake since.

:(

I'm so sorry to hear this...I'd be gutted if I ever had to give up my coffee.

And I have high blood pressure as well- but with one little pill every morning, it's easily regulated. I just had my six-month check-up last week, and it was 112/74. I'll take that, all day long.

I drink caffeine free Coke now, but I've made no such concession when it comes to coffee. :coffee:

I have a Keurig coffee machine and I buy regular coffee as well as artificially flavored. I buy the K-Cups and my favorite flavors are Cinnabon, Vanilla Crème Puff Donut Shop, and Vanilla Biscotti. When it comes to creamer, the Italian goes REALLY well with the Cinnabon. I also like to buy coffee from Starbucks, especially since I love the mocha with raspberry syrup in it.

Drinking an SHB roast from Guatemala this morning, which I haven't had for quite awhile. I don't like it as much as the one from Costa Rica, which is my absolute favorite, but it's still very good.

Back to my Costa Rican now...mmmmm, it is the best. This particular roast is my favorite coffee I've ever had, in 25+ years of coffee-drinking. I just discovered it maybe three or four years ago. It's only made at the Vienna Coffee Company in Maryville, Tennessee. Their coffee is used and/or sold in several places in and around where they are, from say Knoxville to Gatlinburg. They'll also ship anywhere by mail order, which is how I get it.

They have an impressive selection of a lot of different roasts, and I get some different things every once in awhile, but this is THE one above all others:

costa-rica.jpg

http://www.viennacoffeeco.com