Coffee lovers- what do you like? And where do you buy it?

Blue J

We have a local coffee roaster that is great, but I also like Peete's and the brands at Costco. I always grind m'beans. I don't mind the McDonalds iced coffee with just real cream n sugar.

I only like the smell of coffee, if only coffee tasted like that but it tastes only of bitter ashes, the taste of death in fact! And it leaves a horrible after-taste as well! And coffee drinkers end up with that putrid, fetid, rotten coffee breath, so in the end it tastes like death and it smells like death! :blaze:

Say no to coffee death! :blaze:

Loser. :LOL:

:P

That reminds me.

Nothing like the old percolated coffee. I don't even know if they still make percolators. Farberware used to.

They still do. Also jcpenny.com was advertising a 12 cup Hamilton Beach Percolator for $40.

As far as coffee preferences, strong and dark, Dunkin dark, French roast. etc. Love Sumatra Mandheling. but that stuff isn't cheap. Trader Joe's has a bunch of good blends.

If I've had my two cups in the morning, and I'm still dragging, I'll hit La Caretta's walk-up coffee bar on the way to work and down a Cafe Cubano. Mmm-liquid speed.

• Like 2

Theres only 1 place..TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Going to a Canadian Tim Horton's is a bucket list item for me.

That reminds me.

Nothing like the old percolated coffee. I don't even know if they still make percolators. Farberware used to.

They still do. Also jcpenny.com was advertising a 12 cup Hamilton Beach Percolator for $40.

As far as coffee preferences, strong and dark, Dunkin dark, French roast. etc. Love Sumatra Mandheling. but that stuff isn't cheap. Trader Joe's has a bunch of good blends.

If I've had my two cups in the morning, and I'm still dragging, I'll hit La Caretta's walk-up coffee bar on the way to work and down a Cafe Cubano. Mmm-liquid speed.

Liquid speed...hahaha.

I like Sumatra...I also like a good French roast, nice and dark. Right now I'm drinking my favourite- single hard bean, Costa Rican Tarrazu.

Love the old Fleetwood Mac reference in your signature. ;)

Theres only 1 place..TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

pffft..it's a canadien dunkin donuts.

I don't know why the even bother putting franchises in Michigan. There are so many other better donut places in Michigan it's not funny.

Edited by 2112FirstStreet

I don't know why the even bother putting franchises in Michigan. There are so many other better donut places in Michigan it's not funny.

It is just like a Dunkin Donuts. :LOL:

I just had a cup of instant Folgers. :dweez: :P

Folders tastes like leaves and twigs to me. Prefer MH.

Folgers tastes stale. So does Maxwell House. So does Martinson's. So does Eight O'Clock. So does every single coffee you can buy that's pre-ground, because it IS all stale, despite the vacuum packaging. And yes, I realize how totally coffee-snobby that sounds. :)

• Like 1

I don't buy it and I don't drink it.

If people like coffee so much why do they have to dress it up with tons of sugar and cream and whatnot.

If you love coffee then just drink plain black coffee and stop hiding behind cream and sugar. If you like cream and sugar just eat them on their own!

Oh and coffee sucks!

Take that coffee whores! :madra:

If people like coffee so much why do they have to dress it up with tons of sugar and cream and whatnot.

If you love coffee then just drink plain black coffee and stop hiding behind cream and sugar. If you like cream and sugar just eat them on their own!

Somewhere in Seattle, Starbuck's is trying to get a restraining order issued against you.

• Like 2

Folgers tastes stale. So does Maxwell House. So does Martinson's. So does Eight O'Clock. So does every single coffee you can buy that's pre-ground, because it IS all stale, despite the vacuum packaging. And yes, I realize how totally coffee-snobby that sounds. :)

I agree,

I used to buy the whole beans from Coscto and grind my own. But it has gotten so expensive that I buy what ever is cheaper. Not picky about coffee at all.

It is just like a Dunkin Donuts. :LOL:

Tim Horton's is awesome!

I agree,

I used to buy the whole beans from Coscto and grind my own. But it has gotten so expensive that I buy what ever is cheaper. Not picky about coffee at all.

When Costco has coffee at a $4 discount, we stock up.

When I retire, good coffee may be a luxury that I phase out. Won't need the caffeine!

I'm drinking a new brew today- La Armonia Hermosa, from Guatemala. It's not quite as dark/strong as the Costa Rican single hard bean that I usually drink, but it's still very, very good. Bought from my favourite roastery anywhere- Vienna Coffee Company in Maryville, Tennessee.

http://www.laarmoniahermosa.com/armonia/Home.html

Used to get a Sumatran by Moka Joe's, but have been into something I found at Winco for the last year or so. It's a dark roast called Rocket Java. Full and smooth. Very recommendable.

I agree,

When Costco has coffee at a $4 discount, we stock up.

When I retire, good coffee may be a luxury that I phase out. Won't need the caffeine!

That's funny. My dad used to drink Yuban when he worked but in his old age now drinks Peets at home thru a french press. He cant text on a cell phone but at least he understands good coffee.

• Like 1

They also use inferior robusta beans. A much cheaper alternative to the now more popular Arabica beans.