My dog passed away today... :(

EagleMoon

I hope you doing ok EagleMoon. :hug2:

I'm okay. I went to work this morning and it did help to have something to do. It's hitting me now and then but it's much better today than it was yesterday.

• Like 3

http://www.petloss.com/rbowx.gif Rainbow Bridge http://www.petloss.com/rbowx.gif

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.

There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.

There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Thanks, that was very sweet. :)

I must say that she looks so happy in that first picture.

As for the work thing - I think you should turn up, but as soon as possible speak to whoever is in charge and explain your situation. At least that way they will know why you are upset/crying at work.

• Like 1

As for the work thing - I think you should turn up, but as soon as possible speak to whoever is in charge and explain your situation. At least that way they will know why you are upset/crying at work.

I did go to work. It helped to keep busy and kept my mind off of it for a while. At least it was a short day.

• Like 4

I did go to work. It helped to keep busy and kept my mind off of it for a while. At least it was a short day.

If the place you went to work loves pets as much as you do, you will enjoy your new job.

And it sounds like you had a good day.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear of this loss. I know the pain you're in, as I still miss my Rottweiler, Peaches. Perhaps, Xenia and Peaches are chasing a tennis ball in dog heaven?

I'm sure they are. :)

http://www.petloss.com/rbowx.gif Rainbow Bridge http://www.petloss.com/rbowx.gif

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.

There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.

There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

The part I've highlighted brings tears to my eyes. I actually read it out loud, and my voice completely fell apart.

:hug2:

• Like 3

"Brothers and sisters, I bid you beware

Of giving your heart to a dog to tear"-

-Rudyard Kipling

I am so sorry. Dogs are so special and the only thing wrong with them is that they don't live long enough.

• Like 1

-Rudyard Kipling

I am so sorry. Dogs are so special and the only thing wrong with them is that they don't live long enough.

...well, they can cut some pretty rank farts, but, they're tops.
  • Like 1

-Rudyard Kipling

When did you meet my Old English Sheepdog? :eh:

-Rudyard Kipling

When did you meet my Old English Sheepdog? :eh:

You must keep them away from :bacon: .