My dog passed away today... :(

EagleMoon

She had been going downhill for the past year or so, getting weaker in her back legs. Yesterday she was really sick and today I was able to get her to the vet who told me she had a massive tumor in her abdomen and was bleeding internally. Very high probability of Cancer and she was in a lot of pain. I am heartbroken. She was about to turn 14 and had been an awesome dog. I will miss her very very much. I know there are people out there who don't think losing a pet is a big deal, but for me it's never easy.

I will miss you terribly Xena.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/imzadi-7/IMG_1557_zpsyuubszrw.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/imzadi-7/IMG_5035_zpsjmxuzstx.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/imzadi-7/IMG_1410_zps5zqpuyzi.jpg

• Like 11

She had been going downhill for the past year or so, getting weaker in her back legs. Yesterday she was really sick and today I was able to get her to the vet who told me she had a massive tumor in her abdomen and was bleeding internally. Very high probability of Cancer and she was in a lot of pain. I am heartbroken. She was about to turn 14 and had been an awesome dog. I will miss her very very much. I know there are people out there who don't think losing a pet is a big deal, but for me it's never easy.

I will miss you terribly Xena.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/imzadi-7/IMG_1557_zpsyuubszrw.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/imzadi-7/IMG_5035_zpsjmxuzstx.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/imzadi-7/IMG_1410_zps5zqpuyzi.jpg

:(

Really sorry for your loss. :hug2:

I am preparing for the same thing at some point.

• Like 5

Omg, I am so sorry. It's been almost 4 years since I lost a dog, but it still kills me to this day.

She was definitely beautiful, and looked like she was loved, well taken care of, and had a great life.

• Like 6

This sucks Eagle Moon.

Pets are FAMILY. We have 2 that are 15 and 10, it will be very tough.

So sorry to hear about Xena

• Like 5

I'm so Sorry for your loss Eagle. Losing a pet is never easy. Gorgeous dog. Sleep well knowing you gave her 14 great years.

Rest in peace Xena.

• Like 5

Thanks guys. I'm really torn up. I'm supposed to start a new job tomorrow but I don't know how I'm going to handle it. Is it wrong to delay starting a new job because of a pet dying? That might seem petty to some people, but my heart is in pain.
  • Like 7

Thanks guys. I'm really torn up. I'm supposed to start a new job tomorrow but I don't know how I'm going to handle it. Is it wrong to delay starting a new job because of a pet dying? That might seem petty to some people, but my heart is in pain.

I hate to give anyone advice, and I'm not sure how available jobs are in your field, but I would hope that anyone worth working for would have enough basic humanity to understand...

• Like 7

I hate to give anyone advice, and I'm not sure how available jobs are in your field, but I would hope that anyone worth working for would have enough basic humanity to understand...

Well it's at a veterinary hospital too. Part of me says I need to get up and get going and do the stiff upper lip thing, but the other part of me says that I need a little time to grieve.

• Like 4

Eagle my wife and I do not have children, our Pets ARE our children.

I can't imagine this and starting a new job. You must do what you have to do.

• Like 4

Well it's at a veterinary hospital too. Part of me says I need to get up and get going and do the stiff upper lip thing, but the other part of me says that I need a little time to grieve.

Going to work may be the best thing for you...our thoughts and prayers will carry you

Edited by Tombstone Mountain
  • Like 1

Beautiful dog. :heart:

Sorry for your loss. It sounds like it's a blessing for the dog, though. :rose:

Thanks. I think so. She was in a lot of pain yesterday. She kept moaning and groaning constantly and I felt so awful that she was hurting so much.

• Like 1

That's interesting, and I would think that if anywhere there would be people who understood, it would be there. Also, in that job, you would pretty much constantly come across the suffering of other animals, and that would have to hit you hard.

The other way to look at it though is that you could be honoring Xena by helping animals in distress. I hope that doesn't come across poorly, my intentions are the farthest thing from that...

• Like 1

That's interesting, and I would think that if anywhere there would be people who understood, it would be there. Also, in that job, you would pretty much constantly come across the suffering of other animals, and that would have to hit you hard.

The other way to look at it though is that you could be honoring Xena by helping animals in distress. I hope that doesn't come across poorly, my intentions are the farthest thing from that...

No, I get what you mean and I agree. I just don't know if I can face it for a day or so.

• Like 1

I think you should show up,

That will look good on your part. But then explain to your manager the situation. I am sure she/he will understand and let you have some time off.

Edited by troutman
  • Like 6

No, I get what you mean and I agree. I just don't know if I can face it for a day or so.

Then you should mourn in private, IMO. But most of all, you need to decide what helps YOU begin the healing process.

• Like 2

That will look good on your part. But then explain to your manager the situation. I am sure she/he will understand and let you have some time off.

Yeah that's a good idea. I just hate to go in when I'm feeling so sad and grieving. But making an appearance is the important thing I suppose.

• Like 2

So sorry to hear Eagle. I have no magic words to say other than I went through this three and a half years ago with my sweet little Gordie. The only dog we have had as a family and she lived 15 wonderful years. I couldn't even take here or be there. It just tore me up for a while. This to shall pass... :( :hug2: :rose:
  • Like 3

Agreed^^^ 100%...
  • Like 4

Yeah that's a good idea. I just hate to go in when I'm feeling so sad and grieving. But making an appearance is the important thing I suppose.

At this point,

A nice hot shower and a cup of tea would really help I think. Then lay down and try to rest as much as possible. :rose:

• Like 4