The Depression thread

fraroc

I've decided to make this thread to kind of be a welcoming place for people who suffer from depression, anxiety, OCD and all of the related disorders....I want this to be a place where you can just talk freely among friendly faces about what's on your mind....
  • Like 3

I am all messed up atm but I find a way to enjoy life.

This tread is sweet. Well done fraroc I like this idea!

• Like 4

There seems to as many depression threads around here as polls. I am up for another poll btw Lorraine before I get depressed or something... :) :rose: Edited by Narpsberg
  • Like 2

There seems to as many depression threads around here as polls. I am up for another poll btw Lorraine before I get depressed or something... :) :rose:

We should have a poll rating our depression on a scale of 1-10

• Like 2

There seems to as many depression threads around here as polls. I am up for another poll btw Lorraine before I get depressed or something... :) :rose:

Do you really want to be depressed that your depression isn't as bad as, or worse than, everyone else's?

• Like 3

Do you really want to be depressed that your depression isn't as bad as, or worse than, everyone else's?

:LOL: ...

Fu***** Ruthless! :P

Dude, I suffer from Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.

If I have to mentally rank all of our collective ratings for how depressed we are, I WILL!

I organize everything...chronologically, size or colour (and then by shade/texture/sheen). (I never rank in alphabetical order, letters should be jumbled, it makes no sense why the vowels are not altogether anyway, and I want X and Z next to each other because they look like good friends!! Y looks ok, but I always feel it looks more like an A so I believe it should be a vowel. Although I do like that all the vowels can be counted on one hand...).

• Like 3

If I have to mentally rank all of our collective ratings for how depressed we are, I WILL!

I organize everything...chronologically, size or colour (and then by shade/texture/sheen). (I never rank in alphabetical order, letters should be jumbled, it makes no sense why the vowels are not altogether anyway, and I want X and Z next to each other because they look like good friends!! Y looks ok, but I always feel it looks more like an A so I believe it should be a vowel. Although I do like that all the vowels can be counted on one hand...).

((Hugs)) to you, Segue. My 20 something daughter has severe OCD as well. It's a whole range of things with her as well, but we found out because her thing was that letters and numbers on her school papers could never touch or she would have to erase and start all over. (Sigh.) Anyway, do they have therapists in the UK that do Exposure and Response prevention (ERP) therapy? It has helped my daughter enormously. The OCD foundation website has been a great resource. Feel free to pm me if you want any support or info on anything and know that are people who understand how hard it can be. :hi:

((Hugs)) to you, Segue. My 20 something daughter has severe OCD as well. It's a whole range of things with her as well, but we found out because her thing was that letters and numbers on her school papers could never touch or she would have to erase and start all over. (Sigh.) Anyway, do they have therapists in the UK that do Exposure and Response prevention (ERP) therapy? It has helped my daughter enormously. The OCD foundation website has been a great resource. Feel free to pm me if you want any support or info on anything and know that are people who understand how hard it can be. :hi:

O wow! Mine is very odd, I have to tap constantly, helps me to cncentrate, and sometimes i want to hit things or touch and feel things so i scratch my palms instead. I am odd, because I like to organise things without being tidy. I do not mind my own mess (in limit) but my stuff has to be organised. I also have a lot of mental stuff that is crazy, like i will take all my albums off a shelf and start ranking them in order of greatness and then in order of cover art only to reassemble them back on the shelf in the order they came from.

I get very strange thoughts, like if i watch a film and their is a nasty trait in a guy, I swear i too have that problem and i get so worried i become ill. I did get very suicidal at one point, but somehow i worked through it. Somedays I think i haven't got OCD, that i am thoroughly normal, and that it is all in my head...and then i go and do something stupid like start talking to a stranger so i can have a reason to stroke the fabric of there coat (fortunately people like me usually so they laugh it off...i do hate myself sometimes though haha).

O wow! Mine is very odd, I have to tap constantly, helps me to cncentrate, and sometimes i want to hit things or touch and feel things so i scratch my palms instead. I am odd, because I like to organise things without being tidy. I do not mind my own mess (in limit) but my stuff has to be organised. I also have a lot of mental stuff that is crazy, like i will take all my albums off a shelf and start ranking them in order of greatness and then in order of cover art only to reassemble them back on the shelf in the order they came from.

I get very strange thoughts, like if i watch a film and their is a nasty trait in a guy, I swear i too have that problem and i get so worried i become ill. I did get very suicidal at one point, but somehow i worked through it. Somedays I think i haven't got OCD, that i am thoroughly normal, and that it is all in my head...and then i go and do something stupid like start talking to a stranger so i can have a reason to stroke the fabric of there coat (fortunately people like me usually so they laugh it off...i do hate myself sometimes though haha).

My daughter has some "touch" things like that as well, I think it is kind of an overlapping thing with OCD, although again, different, she actually can't stand touching fabric except for a short time; had to turn down a job in a t shirt store because of folding the t shirts! The part about worrying about having someone else's bad trait (or illness, or outfit, or bad haircut) sounds way too familiar. . . . deal with that here as well. Have you tried any medications? ( Lexapro) Cipralex has been helpful for my daughter. It sounds like you are a strong person -- I'm sorry you have to deal with this. :( I wouldn't wish it on anyone. Take care and know that you have a friend here!

Great photo of Bruce, also!

• Like 1

My daughter has some "touch" things like that as well, I think it is kind of an overlapping thing with OCD, although again, different, she actually can't stand touching fabric except for a short time; had to turn down a job in a t shirt store because of folding the t shirts! The part about worrying about having someone else's bad trait (or illness, or outfit, or bad haircut) sounds way too familiar. . . . deal with that here as well. Have you tried any medications? ( Lexapro) Cipralex has been helpful for my daughter. It sounds like you are a strong person -- I'm sorry you have to deal with this. :( I wouldn't wish it on anyone. Take care and know that you have a friend here!

Great photo of Bruce, also!

Thanks...right now i feel far from strong but i try. I have pretty much isolated myself in my home and i keep turning people down. I am on strongs meds, which i will not share as I am not comfrtable with that, and have been asked to have therapy, but i find the thought terrifying.

I have gone from being popular and attractive, and happy, to depressed, crazy and i live like a hermit. I am trying though...i have amazing friends and family and their patience with me is something i cannot fathom. I love them very dearly.

• Like 3

Do you live alone, Segue?

No, with my family. I also have an amazing circle of friends, but i cannot be with people atm.

• Like 2

So glad to hear you have the support of friends and family, it's so important! I hope that someday you are able to maybe think about therapy only because the therapy along with the meds ( a lot of trial and error there and some horror stories, eek) is what really was life changing in our family's situation. Maybe someday the time will be right, until then, take care and feel free to post or pm me. ((Hugs))
  • Like 1

Serious question: Do you have a job?

Serious question: Do you have a job?

:LOL: