SPOILER Alert

johnnyonthespot

I don't get why there seems to be such interest in Far Cry with a segue into something else or vice versa....they have played the hell out of Far Cry on every tour since S&A was released. It's a good song but I would rather hear something else off that album that hasn't been played or not as much. Mix it up...and if they do play it, at least get some new videos
  • Like 3

Wait a minute.....

They are going from the Hemispheres Prelude right into Far Cry?

Get those guys on the phone for me. :facepalm:

Hemisphere/ Far Cry to end the 2nd set. I can actually see this happening very Easily.

:codger:

I just think that they should go into a better song than Far Cry. The Hemispheres' prelude is so epic, and Far Cry is so....is so...Snakes & Arrows, you know what I mean? :)

I enjoy Snakes but i agree at this point. Retire Far Cry in concert. Past 3 tours....yea shelf it. it works as a transition but it's still like.....Really? Again? lol.

Mick

• Like 3

I agree with what people are saying about far cry and the odd transition. At the same time I have a feeling that they obviously have people that sort of look at these boards from time to time and if they actually have been rehearsing this, if they think too many people know they may scrap it.

I remember in the past for like R30 even when the set came out only a few days before opening night apparently they were pissed. So this far out they could always decide to do something different.

I don't want to see anything past Counterparts on this final tour. We've had the last 4 studio albums played to death in one form or another over the last 20 years.

If you're going to get THAT distinct...I don't want to hear anything past Power Windows on this tour....in fact, let's even pull it back to Grace Under Pressure since they played a bunch of Power Windows stuff LAST tour! :popcorn:

I don't want to see anything past Counterparts on this final tour. We've had the last 4 studio albums played to death in one form or another over the last 20 years.

If you're going to get THAT distinct...I don't want to hear anything past Power Windows on this tour....in fact, let's even pull it back to Grace Under Pressure since they played a bunch of Power Windows stuff LAST tour! :popcorn:

Let's keep it going. I mean, anything after Permanent Waves is just ridiculous since they played Moving Pictures in its entirety not that long ago. Besides, Tom Sawyer, YYZ, and Limelight ALWAYS get played every tour. Ugh.

• Like 1

Maybe they'll just come out and play one big long medley from the first album to the last, say goodbye and leave.

^ Ouch, you're going to be very disappointed Jam when they break into the extended version of Roll the Bones followed by the long awaited debut of Tai Shan! Edited by A rocket that ignites itself

Maybe they'll just come out and play one big long medley from the first album to the last, say goodbye and leave.

Neil voted for this. Except it was a short medley and a 1 city tour...Los Angeles.
  • Like 1

Ok first off this is my first post and I only made the account to pass this a long so cover your eyes before reading below.

I have a client who absolutely knows where they are rehearsing and he owns a specialty shipping business and works for a group who is working for the band. Obviously he is in a ND agreement so I will not say who and frankly the spoiler is not a ground breaking or shocking, in fact it makes some sense.

He claims, although not actually seeing them, he heard them rehearse Prelude (hemispheres) several times which morphed into Far Cry

There you have it..

How reliable, hes a nice guy and always pays his bill so I have no reason to doubt it.

Have a nice day!

Thanks for sharing.

I don't get why people are mocking the source. It's not like he's building up to be be any better than it is. Take it for what it is worth and enjoy the discussion.

So this is probably gonna come back to bite me, but here is my take on the possibility on this actually happening:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R69igyYwk2U&feature=youtu.be

It's a good edit. If they do this live, though . . . I think the crowd will be polite but there will be a lot of folks who will be as bummed by the sudden shift out of Prelude as there were when they killed Xanadu with Superconductor. Imagine, though, if they started the intro to Far Cry, but that F#suspended chord announced the Prelude. The crowd would plotz!

• Like 2