SPOILER Alert

Rush Setlist

101 replies to this topic

#21 MMCXII

MMCXII

The God Of Balance

• Members *
  • 6200 posts
  • Interests:Playing drums, creating art, building hot rods, sacred geometry and spirituality, Metal detecting, mountain biking, camping/canoeing, off roading, motorcycles.

Posted 14 April 2015 - 05:20 PM

People write off these spoilers too quickly.. This one sounds like it's probably legit

Sponsored Post

#22 rocket ignites

rocket ignites

The God Of Balance

• Members
  • 5565 posts
  • Interests:Poker. Minnesota Vikings/Twins/T-Wolves. Being a glass half-full advocate for post 1982 Rush.

Posted 14 April 2015 - 05:52 PM

This would cement Far Cry as a gold standard (modern day) concert staple.  I love the thought of the combo.

#23 mrfriendly

mrfriendly

The Seeker

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 06:10 PM

I've really had enough of far cry, i thought for sure anything S&A would be dropped for this tour. It looked cool on the Time Machine Tour, felt it was out of place on CA tour because that first set was so 80's driven.

I've noticed for the last couple new albums they keep songs on for maybe three tours then drop them. ie. no vapor trials stuff after S&A tour, no T4E after R30, and they have been slowly dropping S&A stuff every subsequent tour. I guess we'll see.

#24 rocket ignites

rocket ignites

The God Of Balance

• Members
  • 5565 posts
  • Interests:Poker. Minnesota Vikings/Twins/T-Wolves. Being a glass half-full advocate for post 1982 Rush.

Posted 14 April 2015 - 07:38 PM

To me, Far Cry is becoming a song like Dreamline.  It came off very well live and they seem to enjoy playing it.  I'm biased because I love the song.

I last thought Animate would be that every tour staple, but it comes and goes.

To be honest, the whole CA setlist seemed off.  80's heavy is OK, but too much Power Windows for my taste.

#25 rocket ignites

rocket ignites

The God Of Balance

• Members
  • 5565 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 07:40 PM

Oh yes, welcome to the forum, btw. :)

#26 toymaker

toymaker

The God Of Balance

• Members
  • 5900 posts
  • Interests:Songwriting and recording, cycling, movies, guitar and bass collecting

Posted 14 April 2015 - 07:46 PM

Yeah, wouldn't it make sense the other way around - the last chord of Far Cry launching Hemispheres?

#27 LocalsBandGuy

LocalsBandGuy

The Seeker

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 08:11 PM

Ugh.  I do not like Far Cry.  BUT the only tour I missed since GUP was CP, so Prelude will be awesome!

#28 toymaker

toymaker

The God Of Balance

• Members
  • 5900 posts
  • Interests:Songwriting and recording, cycling, movies, guitar and bass collecting

Posted 14 April 2015 - 08:12 PM

When our weary world was young, the strUGGGGACK, *cough* *cough*

Edited by toymaker, 14 April 2015 - 10:40 PM.

#29 mrfriendly

mrfriendly

The Seeker

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 11:15 PM

apparently the main reason they even played hemispheres back for counterparts tour was because the guys in primus convinced them to, so we'll see since this is ideally supposed to be a retrospective 40 year show; then again the rumours we've had so far for rehearsed songs are anarchist and clockwork angles, lol and now far cry.

if you were going to start a rumour about a rehearsal it would be random to pick these two so i guess there could be some truth to this, time will tell.

#30 goose

goose

Honkin' in Nevada

• Members *
  • 53807 posts
  • Interests:Comical conies

Posted 15 April 2015 - 12:02 AM

View Postmrfriendly, on 14 April 2015 - 11:15 PM, said:

apparently the main reason they even played hemispheres back for counterparts tour was because the guys in primus convinced them to, so we'll see since this is ideally supposed to be a retrospective 40 year show; then again the rumours we've had so far for rehearsed songs are anarchist and clockwork angles, lol and now far cry.

if you were going to start a rumour about a rehearsal it would be random to pick these two so i guess there could be some truth to this, time will tell.

:dweez: :dweez: :dweez:

#31 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

Beauty and the Bass

• Members
  • 21779 posts
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 15 April 2015 - 12:10 AM

View Postjohndyar, on 14 April 2015 - 03:02 PM, said:

If true, it would be cool. Farcry has that "Hemispheres" chord at the end of the "intro" to the song. That would be a great spot to transiltion.

I would agree. Makes perfect sense.

#32 Super25Smasher

Super25Smasher

The Oracle

• Members *
  • 10484 posts
  • Interests:Classic Rock, Punk Rock, Alternative Rock/Grunge, Metal, Classic Video Games, Playing Bass Guitar

Posted 15 April 2015 - 10:29 AM

View PostReGorLaTroy, on 14 April 2015 - 02:49 PM, said:

I know a guy who has a friend who works for this lady's mom who eats a diner where this dude eats who knows this other dude who shopped at the same place that his buddy's cousin used to work at that has it on good record that, oh never mind.

Why once I met this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy's cousin... - Spongebob Squarepants

Edited by Super25Smasher, 15 April 2015 - 10:29 AM.

#33 krlowe

krlowe

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 913 posts
  • Interests:Professional Musician, Music Educator

Posted 15 April 2015 - 10:35 AM

What I think would be cool is to use a pitch shifter (not auto tune) to double his voice an octave in a few, very very occasional spots. He could sing the "struggle" part one octave lower but a present octave would be above him. NOT a track, not auto tune, but a pitch shifter if used right could work. It also could make him sound like he's on helium though..... On the CP tour bootleg, he used a "chorus" like effect on "every soul a battlefield" and that was cool. So maybe some chorus and a light pitch shifter would help.

Just a thought.

Far Cry is cool, and I think that would be a great transition. So exciting!

Edited by krlowe, 15 April 2015 - 10:37 AM.

#34 Del_Duio

Del_Duio

The Professor

• Members
  • 4378 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Bass, Drums, some guitar but I suck

--

Try my new retro action RPG game "Just a Cleric" on Steam! http://store.steampowered.com/app/467330/

Posted 15 April 2015 - 10:39 AM

View PostUnion 5-3992, on 14 April 2015 - 02:45 PM, said:

If that's true, that'd a great transition

Makes loads of sense to me. Might be more OH SHIT!!! inducing if it were the other way around though.

#35 HemiBeers

HemiBeers

The Professor

• Members
  • 3784 posts
  • Interests:playfully annoying on the verge of inappropriate.

Posted 15 April 2015 - 11:28 AM

View PostEagleMoon, on 15 April 2015 - 12:10 AM, said:

View Postjohndyar, on 14 April 2015 - 03:02 PM, said:

If true, it would be cool. Farcry has that "Hemispheres" chord at the end of the "intro" to the song. That would be a great spot to transiltion.

I would agree. Makes perfect sense.

F#sus 2-4-4-3-0-0. When they did Far Cry they remarked that they used 'the Hemispheres chord'.

#36 HemiBeers

HemiBeers

The Professor

• Members
  • 3784 posts
  • Interests:playfully annoying on the verge of inappropriate.

Posted 15 April 2015 - 11:31 AM

View PostLedRush, on 14 April 2015 - 03:20 PM, said:

Anyone else expecting a Bastille Day instrumental introduction into Headlong Flight?

I think a Bastille/Headlong flight mashup would be awesome...but maybe too adventurous for them at this point.

Oh hell, throw some riffs from What Your Doing in there as well...it's all in the key of E.

Hmm Definately guitar night for me tonight...I got riffs going through my head. :haz:

Edited by 2112FirstStreet, 15 April 2015 - 11:36 AM.

#37 Disembodied Spirit

Disembodied Spirit

Big Hat Funny!

• Members
  • 3419 posts
  • Interests:Turned down the role of Billy Hicks in 'St. Elmo's Fire' Worked at WorldCom, Enron and AIG before realizing work is dumb. Once asked Sarah McLachlan out on a date, and was promptly turned down.

Posted 15 April 2015 - 12:21 PM

View Postmrfriendly, on 14 April 2015 - 11:15 PM, said:

Let's hope the guys in Dream Theater convince them to play Natural Science

#38 GabesCavesOfIce

GabesCavesOfIce

The God Of Balance

• Members *
  • 6471 posts
  • Location:Miamisburg, OH. Miamisburg, Oh. Miamisburg, Oh. Miamisburg, Oh
  • Interests:Miamisburg, Oh

Outland Empire (located on the opposite US coast from Johnny and Dave).

Posted 15 April 2015 - 12:41 PM

They have played Far Cry and Natural Science a bunch last 10 years. NS would be awesome, but Far Cry again? Its good, but there is so much material, from all decades, that they have not touched ever or in eons.

If Far Cry follows immediately after Prelude, ala Xanaconductor, as the "leak" suggests, that would be BRUTAL. To not be able to reflect nor enjoy the waning moments/  afterimage/ reflection upon such a rare live performance of such an epic would be of major disappointment. Also, if they can bang right into Far Cry...I thought their 70s stuff is very difficult to pull off, wouldnt they need a moment to chill?

Far Cry first, that would have some merit, but why, why again?? Is it that much better than the other 200 songs never played live ;)

#39 mrfriendly

mrfriendly

The Seeker

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 01:12 PM

One thing I'm curious about, the rumour a while back which I am 100% convinced is right is that neil won't have the back electronic setup and that apparently for the second set they will go back to the slingerland chrome kit he used to play and finish like a bar band. this had me thinking that the second set will be a lot of the 70s stuff giving the hardcore fans what they want. that would seem to dispel these ideas about doing mashups between old/new songs ie. hemispheres/far cry; or headlong flight/bastille.

but the rumour may have meant he will finish with the old kit for the encore? i am not sure if it is for the entire second set or just the encore. if that is the case, what songs do you think he would want to play for the encore with that kit? some of the more progressive 70s stuff certainly does not seem like encore material, lol.

#40 rocket ignites

rocket ignites

The God Of Balance

• Members
  • 5565 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 02:24 PM

Since there isn't any material to play in support of a new album, to go with the thought that they are leaning toward alternating some songs...a song like Far Cry (lone S&A song) should fit the set.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users