Hemispheres in my brain

Crimsonmistymemory

Wow, have I been digging hemispheres as of late. I put it in my rotation a week or so ago and have not been able to let it go. Even when I am not driving it is playing in my head. What a wonderful body of work. I have to admit this collection is the one that took some time to warm up to. Especially some parts or Cygnus X-1 Book II. But as it stands now every piece (& every song) is tied together and exquisitely crafted. I feel as an old romance has been rekindled, an excitement of a child on Christmas morning. Yesterday I didn't even take the disk out or put the radio on. 3 hours on the road singing and playing my steering drum kit, nothing else needed. It's still in the slot today. If the R-40 concert was today and the band played the whole album note for note, I think I would be the happiest person in the arena. This is not the 1st time I have had this sensation of the ear & thought candy Rush has provided over the decades, and it won't be the last. However today Hemispheres Rules!!

Precious gifts beyond compare

We can build a world of wonder

I can make you all aware

"Every soul a battlefield"

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory
  • Like 11

It will always be one of my favorite concerts ever witnessed. :codger:

Lucky you! :notworthy:

I can still remember most of it. The one thing that will always stand out was this woman ran from who knows where to hand Geddy a dozen roses. :rose: :D

• Like 1

It will always be one of my favorite concerts ever witnessed. :codger:

Me too just wish I could remember some of it... :(
  • Like 2

Hemispheres the epic goes by so fast. that's one sign of a great epic.

I could do multiple listens in a row with it.

Mick

Seems God started playing the album in loop at the very beginning of Genesis and then realized after what seemed just a while that he missed R40 tickets presale....

• Like 4

Mick

Seems God started playing the album in loop at the very beginning of Genesis and then realized after what seemed just a while that he missed R40 tickets presale....

Hemispheres was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end.

Amen. :)

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 4

Mick

:P

I like that idea...

I still think the hemispheres tour from boots i've heard was one of the better setlists. second only to maybe the MP Tour.

Mick

Permanent Waves tour was no slouch, either.

• Like 1

I still think the hemispheres tour from boots i've heard was one of the better setlists. second only to maybe the MP Tour.

Mick

Permanent Waves tour was no slouch, either.

To me it was pretty ok till the signals tour.....because that tour was the first tour we saw edits made to Xanadu.

GRRR, lol

Mick

• Like 1

Mick

I like that idea...

And on the eighth day He got a Gold VIP Ticket (no credit card details needed, it seems....)

• Like 1

Mick

I like that idea...

And on the eighth day He got a Gold VIP Ticket (no credit card details needed, it seems....)

and a Meet and Greet pass too!

Mick

I like that idea...

and a Meet and Greet pass too!

I would there have been not a few fans who would claim to have met God at a Rush show over the years. :)

I'll bet He goes to all of them! :P

I have memory and awareness,

But I have no shape or form

As a disembodied spirit,

I am dead and yet unborn

I have passed into Olympus

As was told in tales of old,

To the city of Immortals,

Marble white and purest gold . . .

There are rare moments during certain songs that, no matter what you are doing or where you are, these moments will transport you to some other place ..

This is one

And Hemispheres is, for me, what RUSH is

• Like 3