Ten Years of Memories - A Stroll Down TRF Memory Lane

Lorraine

The other night I was wondering what it was like here the very first day the forum came online, so I thought it would be a good idea to have a thread for the TRF veterans here so they could reminisce and share their TRF memories with those of us who are new.

Maybe include memorable members who have come and gone. Or something that happened that was particularly funny. Or sad.

You must have many memories. I'm sure I am not the only one who would love it if you would share them with the rest of us. :)

I only arrived here four years ago. I hadn't known of this forum 10 years ago. If I had, well...

If I have one regret, it's not being here from the start. I would love to have seen it come alive.

• Like 2

I only arrived here four years ago. I hadn't known of this forum 10 years ago. If I had, well...

If I have one regret, it's not being here from the start. I would love to have seen it come alive.

Me too. That's why I started the thread. I'd like to hear how it did come alive. :)

:blah: Calling all TRF old timers.

I could write a book,

I will get back to you in a year. :LOL:

Can't you tell us something?

Yeah,

Glad I don't go in to SOCN any more. :LOL:

Not really in the mood to think of any specific thing at the moment. I will get back to you at some point. :D

• Like 1

We needed a place to hang out, and RR, GG, and 73 got together and built this.

Who's RR?

Do you remember who the first person was that joined after the founding members? And how long it took for this place to start being a happening kind of place? :)

And they will come... :)

Who's RR?

Do you remember who the first person was that joined after the founding members? And how long it took for this place to start being a happening kind of place? :)

RushRevisited

The original home to the server that was to become TRF.

I remember there used to be somewhat of a "rivalry" with the Counterparts forum.

I don't remember a rivalry - the CP forum was a bit more "loose" of an atmosphere. A no holds barred (so to speak) hang out.

We appreciate the moderation here.

Some CPers were a little out there, for my taste, but I belonged to both and I just stayed out of the seedy alleys on CP.

I have some wonderful friends that were way more active on CP than TRF. (Thank God for FB)

:( Did I open up a Pandora's Box or something asking this question? :huh:

Somewhat.

There WAS a story. But it was a long time ago.

If you really want to know why we're here, it's because we're here.

(Roll the Bones.)

:( Did I open up a Pandora's Box or something asking this question? :huh:

Somewhat.

There WAS a story. But it was a long time ago.

If you really want to know why we're here, it's because we're here.

(Roll the Bones.)

I did consult 73 before I started it and he said it would be alright.

It's not so much wanting to know the "why" but to hear stories of fun happenings throughout the years. Or not so fun events.

But we can put the thread to eternal rest. :zzz:

• Like 1

I think it's a good idea. There are probably lots of great old threads that are better than several pages of how we define "cheesy" - although I have to admit I learned a lot there.

Making Memories.

• Like 2

The thread is not a BAD idea - I think that Toymaker has a good idea in reading the early threads to get a real feel for what it was about.

For sure the meet up threads - they tell an amazing story of developing friendships.

• Like 2

I remember there used to be somewhat of a "rivalry" with the Counterparts forum.

I don't remember a rivalry - the CP forum was a bit more "loose" of an atmosphere. A no holds barred (so to speak) hang out.

We appreciate the moderation here.

Some CPers were a little out there, for my taste, but I belonged to both and I just stayed out of the seedy alleys on CP.

I have some wonderful friends that were way more active on CP than TRF. (Thank God for FB)

Not to kick someone/something when they're down but I went to CP recently and it lost a ton of steam.