Ten Years of Memories - A Stroll Down TRF Memory Lane

Lorraine

The other night I was wondering what it was like here the very first day the forum came online, so I thought it would be a good idea to have a thread for the TRF veterans here so they could reminisce and share their TRF memories with those of us who are new.

Maybe include memorable members who have come and gone. Or something that happened that was particularly funny. Or sad.

You must have many memories. I'm sure I am not the only one who would love it if you would share them with the rest of us. :)

The first memory I have is Mara telling us about the time she got stung in the butt by a clever little wasp hiding in her towel.

This... this sticks out in my mind! Honest-to-god truth it's the first thing I thought of!

• Like 1

The other night I was wondering what it was like here the very first day the forum came online, so I thought it would be a good idea to have a thread for the TRF veterans here so they could reminisce and share their TRF memories with those of us who are new.

Maybe include memorable members who have come and gone. Or something that happened that was particularly funny. Or sad.

You must have many memories. I'm sure I am not the only one who would love it if you would share them with the rest of us. :)

The first memory I have is Mara telling us about the time she got stung in the butt by a clever little wasp hiding in her towel.

This... this sticks out in my mind! Honest-to-god truth it's the first thing I thought of!

Oh, Janie! :laughing guy: :laughing guy: :laughing guy: Thanks for the laugh. Too bad you couldn't see me laughing away.

• Like 1

Aprul and White Trash was a classic from the good old days.

I found Whitetrashier, but no White Trash, and I'm sorry I missed this fella.

This is from "Interests" on his home page:

Swete tater pie, pickup trucks, huntin, fishin, makin wisky, wrasslin gators. Runnin' my reptile farm whur I gets 5 dollas a hed from ever yankee dat comes by to watch me wrassle muh dog I got painted up tuh look like a gator! Hahahahaha! Stoopid yankees!

And his one and only thread http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?/topic/28556-wherezat-white-trash-boy-at/

Hey White Trash. This iz your wurs nitemar talkin'! Thuh orijnal good ol boy frumma deep South. Homa thuh reel white trash, not dat mid-ass-west purtend to be white trash place yu com frum! I seen yu here for a wile now. A-comin on here tryin ta be redneck white trash wit your fancy-ass beer inna can an your gotdam sissy boy 4 weeler. Boy, if'n yor pickup caint get ya there, then it ain't a-worth goin to!

So heresa deel. Yu gitchore ass on dishere fancy ass innernet web rush place an tell these good folks how yore sorry to be purtendin tu be sompin you aint! How you make all us good ol boys look bad by fallin for some ugly ass man in a bra. Dat don't make you white trash, dat makes you a sissy-boy! Thuh kina sissy-boy what would git his ass good an kicked down here where real folks live!

Now say you don git on here an do all dat. Dat's fine. Me anna boys in my rod an gun club will pay yore ass a lil visit. First, were a-gonna tie yore ass to a tree, den we're gonna git our squirrel rifles what our daddys lef us wen dey pass away an shoot out yore teef one by one! If you wuz reel white trash dat wudden be a problem, but since yore jist a gotdam purtender dat means we got thirty tu shots, boy! An' we're gonna take our time!

Affer dat, thuh reel fun begins!

Aprul and White Trash was a classic from the good old days.

I found Whitetrashier, but no White Trash, and I'm sorry I missed this fella.

This is from "Interests" on his home page:

Swete tater pie, pickup trucks, huntin, fishin, makin wisky, wrasslin gators. Runnin' my reptile farm whur I gets 5 dollas a hed from ever yankee dat comes by to watch me wrassle muh dog I got painted up tuh look like a gator! Hahahahaha! Stoopid yankees!

And his one and only thread http://www.therushfo...e-trash-boy-at/

Hey White Trash. This iz your wurs nitemar talkin'! Thuh orijnal good ol boy frumma deep South. Homa thuh reel white trash, not dat mid-ass-west purtend to be white trash place yu com frum! I seen yu here for a wile now. A-comin on here tryin ta be redneck white trash wit your fancy-ass beer inna can an your gotdam sissy boy 4 weeler. Boy, if'n yor pickup caint get ya there, then it ain't a-worth goin to!

So heresa deel. Yu gitchore ass on dishere fancy ass innernet web rush place an tell these good folks how yore sorry to be purtendin tu be sompin you aint! How you make all us good ol boys look bad by fallin for some ugly ass man in a bra. Dat don't make you white trash, dat makes you a sissy-boy! Thuh kina sissy-boy what would git his ass good an kicked down here where real folks live!

Now say you don git on here an do all dat. Dat's fine. Me anna boys in my rod an gun club will pay yore ass a lil visit. First, were a-gonna tie yore ass to a tree, den we're gonna git our squirrel rifles what our daddys lef us wen dey pass away an shoot out yore teef one by one! If you wuz reel white trash dat wudden be a problem, but since yore jist a gotdam purtender dat means we got thirty tu shots, boy! An' we're gonna take our time!

Affer dat, thuh reel fun begins!

Necromancer played Aprul but I can't remember who played White Trash. And yes, it's spelled Aprul.

I found him. He's a legend. But I think trying to read his posts would have given me a headache. He writes the way Ava Gardner used to talk before three years of elocution lessons.

:LOL:

I did a bit of searching here, and I found it depressing.

There was a lot more cohesiveness and camaraderie here back then than there is now. Up to about 2010/11. After that, I don't know what happened to cause a change here. I even ran into Savage on a 2008 thread. If anyone is interested, he was the same back then too. :sarcastic:

Edited by Lorraine

Oh, Janie! :laughing guy: :laughing guy: :laughing guy: Thanks for the laugh. Too bad you couldn't see me laughing away.

Funny as hell that this is such a prominent memory for Janie!

Except she did get one detail wrong. It wasn't my butt that got stung. It was, as the Brits sometimes call it, my "front-bottom". Very painful and yes, I did pound that little bastard wasp into about 2000 pieces.

• Like 4

There was a lot more cohesiveness and camaraderie here back then than there is now.

:eh: I'm not sure what you mean here. What did you see that was different?

Perhaps Melodic777 was the glue that kept us together back then...

• Like 1

:blah: Calling all TRF old timers.

I could write a book,

I will get back to you in a year. :LOL:

Can't you tell us something?

Yeah,

Glad I don't go in to SOCN any more. :LOL:

:pussy:

:D

• Like 1

:blah: Calling all TRF old timers.

I could write a book,

I will get back to you in a year. :LOL:

Can't you tell us something?

Yeah,

Glad I don't go in to SOCN any more. :LOL:

:pussy:

:D

:LOL:

Oh believe me,

I can handle it just fine. Just a waste of time at this point. :D

There was a lot more cohesiveness and camaraderie here back then than there is now.

The chemistry was better,

You had to have been around. :D

• Like 1

I've been around since '07. I do imagine that the original building of the site was a fun process. I posted some old threads recently in SOCN (gasp!) retracing it's history. Maybe I'll expand on it...

• Like 1

I've been around since '07. I do imagine that the original building of the site was a fun process. I posted some old threads recently in SOCN (gasp!) retracing it's history. Maybe I'll expand on it...

Didn't realize you had been around that long. :cheers:

BTW, give my love too DPR! :LOL: :D

Edited by troutman
  • Like 1

Go back and read the old threads. If you are perceptive, you will pick up on it.

Troutman is right. The chemistry was better. There seemed to be more solidarity and a real kinship - an all for one and one for all kind of atmosphere. i don't quite know how to put it.

• Like 1

Didn't realize you had been around that long. :cheers:

BTW, give my love too DPR! :LOL: :D

I believe he has morphed that identity into another user name. :)

• Like 1

Go back and read the old threads. If you are perceptive, you will pick up on it.

Troutman is right. The chemistry was better. There seemed to be more solidarity and a real kinship - an all for one and one for all kind of atmosphere. i don't quite know how to put it.

Depending on what thread it was,

There were some all out brawls also. :cool:

I blame cell phones. And Beyonce.
  • Like 1