The Aristocrats’ Third Album Title: “Tres Caballeros” – Plus North America Tour Dates!

treeduck

http://the-aristocrats-band.com/media/2015/03/Guitar-World-G4-Cover-Graphic-1024x1024.jpg

You’ve waited long enough…here’s the official announcement!

The Aristocrats reveal the title of their third studio album:

Tres Caballeros

Plus: North America Summer 2015 Tour Dates Announced

“virtuosic, melodic, spontaneous, outrageous and fun” [Guitar World]

http://the-aristocrats-band.com/media/2015/03/DSC_2593-rgb-lores-1024x683.jpg

(photo by Mike Mesker)

Fresh off their wildly successful 2013-2014 Culture Clash world tour, The Aristocrats – by any measure the hottest new band in instrumental rock/fusion today – rewrote their own rules for their third studio album, Tres Caballeros, which is slated for release in late June.

After two fairly raw trio albums, guitarist Guthrie Govan (Steven Wilson, Asia/GPS), bassist Bryan Beller (Joe Satriani, Dethklok) and drummer Marco Minnemann (Steven Wilson, Joe Satriani) set up camp at legendary Sunset Sound studios in Hollywood, CA, where Led Zeppelin, The Rolling Stones and Van Halen all recorded landmark albums.

The result: Nine new compositions of greater sonic depth and breadth than ever before, with unique textures and lush layering augmenting the band’s preternatural ability to improvise both individually and as a group at the highest levels possible. But not to worry – it’s all still tempered with a steadfast refusal to take themselves too seriously, and The Aristocrats are still having more fun than a fusion band has any right to have.

“We’ve learned a lot since we started this band – four years, three studio albums, two live DVDs and about a billion notes ago! – and I think our latest offering reflects this in all kinds of ways,” says guitarist Guthrie Govan. “The decision to road-test our new material in front of a live audience before commencing the recording process; the choice to record in a studio which had some thoroughly inspiring rock’n’roll ‘mojo'; our sudden urge to become more bold and experimental with overdubs rather than feeling any pressure to record exclusively in a strict ‘trio’ format… all of this has had some kind of positive effect on the way the new record came out. Plus, I think the material on this album is some of the most interesting stuff we’ve ever written for each other, so… here’s hoping our noble listeners will like the finished product as much as we do!”

The Tres Caballeros tour will bring the band’s new musical vision in trio form to stages across North America in their most ambitious jaunt yet. The Aristocrats will be supported by fellow rock/fusion power trio The Travis Larson Band.

Full details on each date can be found on the Aristocrats website calendar page.

The Aristocrats

Tres Caballeros North America Tour – Summer 2015

Date City Venue

Mon 6-Jul Sacramento, CA Harlow’s

Tues 7-Jul San Francisco, CA Slim’s

Wed 8-Jul Santa Cruz, CA Don Quixote’s

Fri 10-Jul Portland, OR Star Theater

Sat 11-Jul Seattle, WA Studio Seven

Sun 12-Jul Vancouver, BC, CAN Rickshaw Theatre

Tues 14-Jul Boise, ID Reef

Wed 15-Jul Salt Lake City, UT Club X

Fri 17-Jul Denver, CO Quixote’s True Blue

Sun 19-Jul Omaha, NE Slowdown

Mon 20-Jul Des Moines, IA The Gaslamp

Tues 21-Jul St. Paul, MN The Amsterdam Bar And Hall

Fri 24-Jul Chicago, IL Reggie’s

Sat 25-Jul Indianapolis, IN Birdy’s

Sun 26-Jul Cincinnati, OH The Mad Frog

Tues 28-Jul Cleveland, OH Beachland Ballroom

Wed 29-Jul Pittsburgh, PA Hard Rock Café

Thur 30-Jul Columbus, OH Skully’s

Fri 31-Jul Detroit, MI Token Lounge

Sat 1-Aug Toronto, ON, CAN Mod Club

Sun 2-Aug Ottawa, ON, CAN The Rainbow Bistro

Tues 4-Aug Montreal, QC, CAN TBD

Wed 5-Aug Woodstock, NY Bearsville Theater

Fri 7-Aug Boston, MA The Middle East

Sat 8-Aug New York City, NY Irving Plaza

Sun 9-Aug Philadelphia, PA North Star Bar

Mon 10-Aug Washington, DC Jammin’ Java

Tues 11-Aug Raleigh, NC Pour House

Thur 13-Aug Charlotte, NC Tremont Music Hall

Fri 14-Aug Atlanta, GA TBD

Sat 15-Aug Nashville, TN The High Watt

Sun 16-Aug St. Louis, MO Old Rock House

Mon 17-Aug Kansas City, MO The Scene

Tues 18-Aug Tulsa, OK The Vanguard

Thur 20-Aug Houston, TX Fitzgerald’s

Fri 21-Aug Austin, TX The Roost

Sat 22-Aug Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX The Sanctuary

Mon 24-Aug Albuquerque, NM Launchpad

Wed 26-Aug Phoenix, AZ Club Red

Thur 27-Aug Mexicali, MEXICO Teatro De Estado

Fri 28-Aug San Diego, CA TBD

Sat 29-Aug Corona/Big Bear, CA TBD

Sun 30-Aug Los Angeles, CA King King

####

One more thing we’d like to share with you: we still get asked about transcriptions and backing tracks all the time. Do we have them for Culture Clash and the debut eponymous album? For every instrument (on Culture Clash, at least)? Yes we do! Our friends at Jam Track Central have all of this stuff, and they’ve got a little thing going this month where you’ll get 30% off if you use the discount code AR30 before the end of March.

http://the-aristocrats-band.com/media/2015/03/JTC-aristocrats_30_off-march-2015.jpg

• Like 4

One more entry on the ever growing list of bands to check out...shame on me!!!

You NEED this band mate! You need all three studio albums, and the two live packages, which have both CD and DVDs!

:AlienSmiley: :aliensmiley: :AlienSmiley: :aliensmiley: <<<< The source of Guthrie's guitar powers!

• Like 2

Watched the first clip...oh no, now I have to get all their CDs!!!!! Great band. And props to Marco Minneman for sticking to his guns and not caring much about the gig of Dream Theater drummer. He made it clear before the audition that he wasn´t really interested, but the guys wanted him to try out anyway.
  • Like 2

This has been on Facebook for several weeks. Can't wait for the album!

Very disappointed that they're not coming to Florida this time around.... and I won't be able to swing Atlanta. I'm already missing Marco and Guthrie on the Steven Wilson tour... :(

I'll just have to cherish the tiny venue I saw them at last time around - with about 100 in attendance (met them all). They could do so much better down here - I even suggested venues for them, but I guess they couldn't make it work. Sucks to be in Florida lately - no Steven Wilson, No Aristocrats, No Opeth..... :(

“Tres Caballeros” Cover Art & Track Listing Revealed – Plus Updated North American Tour Dates!

Well, look at what we have here: It’s the artwork for our third studio album Tres Caballeros:

http://the-aristocrats-band.com/media/2015/04/tres_caballeros_SQ.jpg

The album is off getting manufactured right now! It’s due for an early summer release (exact date TBA). The album will be released in a Standard Edition (CD) and Deluxe Edition (CD/DVD), which will include a 30-minute documentary featuring live and in-studio footage, outtakes, demos, and more.

The “8-bit” artwork represents a new spin on our tradition of animated covers, and was created by Tom Colbie, who designed the cover art for the band’s previous two releases, Culture Clash and Culture Clash Live.

Tres Caballeros was tracked over ten days in February at world-famous Sunset Sound studios, where Van Halen (1), Led Zeppelin IV, and Rage Against The Machine’s The Battle Of Los Angeles were tracked, among hundreds of others. The result: Nine new compositions of greater sonic depth and breadth than ever before, with unique textures and lush layering augmenting the usual trio firepower.

We can also now reveal that the track listing for Tres Caballeros is as follows:

Stupid 7

Jack’s Back

Texas Crazypants

ZZ Top

Pig’s Day Off

Smuggler’s Corridor

Pressure Relief

The Kentucky Meat Shower

Through The Flower

And now, for the up-to-the-minute tour dates (several updates since the last listing)

THE ARISTOCRATS

Tres Caballeros North America Tour – Summer 2015

with special guests The Travis Larson Band

Date City/State Venue

Mon 6-Jul Sacramento, CA Harlow’s

Tues 7-Jul San Francisco, CA Slim’s

Wed 8-Jul Santa Cruz, CA Don Quixote’s

Fri 10-Jul Portland, OR Star Theater

Sat 11-Jul Seattle, WA Studio Seven

Sun 12-Jul Vancouver, BC, CANADA Rickshaw Theatre

Tues 14-Jul Boise, ID Reef

Wed 15-Jul Salt Lake City, UT Club X

Fri 17-Jul Denver, CO Quixote’s True Blue

Sat 19-Jul Omaha, NE Slowdown

Mon 20-Jul Des Moines, IA The Gaslamp

Tues 21-Jul St. Paul, MN The Amsterdam Bar And Hall

Fri 24-Jul Chicago, IL Reggie’s

Sat 25-Jul Indianapolis, IN Birdy’s

Sun 26-Jul Cincinnati, OH The Mad Frog

Tues 28-Jul Cleveland, OH Beachland Ballroom

Wed 29-Jul Pittsburgh, PA Hard Rock Café

Thur 30-Jul Columbus, OH Skully’s

Fri 31-Jul Detroit, MI Token Lounge

Sat 1-Aug Toronto, ON, CANADA Mod Club

Sun 2-Aug Ottawa, ON, CANADA The Rainbow Bistro

Tues 4-Aug Montreal, QC, CANADA Café Campus

Wed 5-Aug Woodstock, NY Bearsville Theater

Fri 7-Aug Boston, MA The Middle East

Sat 8-Aug New York City, NY Irving Plaza

Sun 9-Aug Philadelphia, PA North Star Bar

Mon 10-Aug Washington, DC Jammin’ Java

Tues 11-Aug Raleigh, NC Pour House

Thur 13-Aug Charlotte, NC Tremont Music Hall

Fri 14-Aug Atlanta, GA Aisle 5

Sat 15-Aug Nashville, TN The High Watt

Sun 16-Aug St. Louis, MO Old Rock House

Mon 17-Aug Kansas City, MO The Scene

Tues 18-Aug Tulsa, OK The Vanguard

Thur 20-Aug Houston, TX Fitzgerald’s

Fri 21-Aug Austin, TX The Roost

Sat 22-Aug Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX The Sanctuary

Mon 24-Aug Albuquerque, NM Launchpad

Wed 26-Aug Phoenix, AZ Club Red

Thur 27-Aug Mexicali, MEXICO Teatro De Estado

Fri 28-Aug San Diego, CA Price Center Ballroom East, UCSD

Sat 29-Aug Riverside, CA Romano’s Concert Lounge

Sun 30-Aug Los Angeles, CA King King

As always, you can go to the TOURS page and find complete ticket links for each show.

We’ll have more news in a couple of weeks: Preview videos and audio, the official release date, and more. :-)

-The Aristocrats

• Like 2

Will check out a few YouTube clips then.

I'll put some in here if you want:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r69ikFzUsHM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfNUY8IrJi8

Nice! :ebert:

Hey I just realised what do you do in Alaska when a big concert tour comes around and you want to go?

A big concert? :LOL:

Well back in the 80's we used to get some really good bands. Not as good now as back then. But I am going to see Pat Benatar in September at the State Fair. :hail:

Oh,

And Jane's Addiction in July.

Edited by troutman

Will check out a few YouTube clips then.

I'll put some in here if you want:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r69ikFzUsHM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfNUY8IrJi8

Nice! :ebert:

Hey I just realised what do you do in Alaska when a big concert tour comes around and you want to go?

A big concert? :LOL:

Well back in the 80's we used to get some really good bands. Not as good now as back then. But I am going to see Pat Benatar in September at the State Fair. :hail:

Oh,

And Jane's Addiction in July.

Would you have to go to Vancouver or Seattle if a band was touring and didn't have a date in Alaska?

• Like 1

I'll wait till my copy comes and it better arrive before Union's does! :banana:

Haven't ordered a copy yet, was waiting till I heard this. You may just get it first

Oh so I take it you didn't like the previous album then?

I'll wait till my copy comes and it better arrive before Union's does! :banana:

Haven't ordered a copy yet, was waiting till I heard this. You may just get it first

Oh so I take it you didn't like the previous album then?

I did, but I usually hold off on pre-ordering. Usually buy it after I can hear it since I have limited funds.