Another day, another race, another killer tracklist!

Ok, so the runners´ thread in One Little Victory is almost dead, so I thought I could post here my "setlist" for the race I did this morning - the Asics Golden Four Half Marathon. Here it goes:

Ramones - I Wanna Be Sedated;

Circus Maximus - Reach Within; grat Norwegian band, although they follow Dream Theater´s footsteps way too much. This track is good though, prog metal with a slight pop accent;

Billy Idol - Rebel Yell;

Rush - Red Barchetta;

AC/DC - Rising Power; I don´t care what Earl says, Brian Johnson kicks ass!!!

The Rolling Stones - Rock and a Hard Place;

Anthrax - Room for one More;

Foo Fighters - Rope; has anyone noticed how the riff in this song is inspired by Zep´s The Song Remains the Same?

Rush - Subdivisions;

The Bolshoi - Sunday Morning - from the vaults of the late 80´s pop charts!

Rush - The Big Money;

Joe Satriani - The Extremist;

Queen - The Fairy Feller´s Master stroke, the studio version; and then, because this song is so awesome...

Queen - The Fairy Feller´s Master stroke - the live version;

Mr. Big - The Monster in Me;

The Winery Dogs - The Other Side;

The Winery Dogs - Time Machine;

Dream Theater - Under a Glass Moon;

Mr. Big - Undertow;

Mullmuzzler - Venice Burning - for those of you who don´t know, this was a project put together by James LaBrie, and has Mike Mangini on drums; this track is a must if you love a sick drum beat and killer bass lines;

Living Colour - Pride.

I finshed the 21km in 01h45min25s, just 40 seconds over my best mark in a half marathon. The uphill on km 18 and the sun were tough to overcome.

Any thoughts on the setlist?

• Like 6

You go Rod! Doing your competitive best is a truly great feeling after it's over.

Mullmuzzler - Venice Burning - for those of you who don´t know, this was a project put together by James LaBrie, and has Mike Mangini on drums; this track is a must if you love a sick drum beat and killer bass lines;

Hell yeah!

• Like 1

You should have more Rush songs!

I've done a full marathon listening toRush - all 5 hours and 41 minutes of it!!! These days I try to vary the setlist a bit more. Grand Designs was one of the next songs to come up, but I finished early!!!

Edited by Rod in Rio
  • Like 1

You go Rod! Doing your competitive best is a truly great feeling after it's over.

Hell yeah!

"It's not about running faster than others, but about running faster than you did last time!!!"

• Like 1

Congrats on a personal best! I love how your list starts out with the Ramones; such a high energy sendoff :) A friend is running in the Boston Marathon next Monday, I'm going to wear out my eyeballs trying to find her on the live streaming!
  • Like 1

Congrats on a personal best! I love how your list starts out with the Ramones; such a high energy sendoff :) A friend is running in the Boston Marathon next Monday, I'm going to wear out my eyeballs trying to find her on the live streaming!

I have a cousin who has run the Boston a few times. :)

• Like 1

Congratulations on having the discipline to be such an accomplished runner. Rush's Marathon should be on every set list. All my USAF PT runs have had Marathon. ;)
  • Like 1

Ok, so the runners´ thread in One Little Victory is almost dead, so I thought I could post here my "setlist" for the race I did this morning - the Asics Golden Four Half Marathon. Here it goes:

Ramones - I Wanna Be Sedated;

Circus Maximus - Reach Within; grat Norwegian band, although they follow Dream Theater´s footsteps way too much. This track is good though, prog metal with a slight pop accent;

Billy Idol - Rebel Yell;

Rush - Red Barchetta;

AC/DC - Rising Power; I don´t care what Earl says, Brian Johnson kicks ass!!!

The Rolling Stones - Rock and a Hard Place;

Anthrax - Room for one More;

Foo Fighters - Rope; has anyone noticed how the riff in this song is inspired by Zep´s The Song Remains the Same?

Rush - Subdivisions;

The Bolshoi - Sunday Morning - from the vaults of the late 80´s pop charts!

Rush - The Big Money;

Joe Satriani - The Extremist;

Queen - The Fairy Feller´s Master stroke, the studio version; and then, because this song is so awesome...

Queen - The Fairy Feller´s Master stroke - the live version;

Mr. Big - The Monster in Me;

The Winery Dogs - The Other Side;

The Winery Dogs - Time Machine;

Dream Theater - Under a Glass Moon;

Mr. Big - Undertow;

Living Colour - Pride.

I finshed the 21km in 01h45min25s, just 40 seconds over my best mark in a half marathon. The uphill on km 18 and the sun were tough to overcome.

Any thoughts on the setlist?

13 miles in 1:45? Stud!

• Like 1

Thanks, Rick!!! Yeah, I was quite surprised with my time too...I did the same race in 2012, much younger and with much more training, and it took me almost 10 minutes more to finish it then.
  • Like 1

I was finally able to get some pictures of the race. Here´s one of them:

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k210/RodrigoAltaf/2015.04.12_asics_golden_rio_janeiro_JOR15GFRJ6763_zpsme34hdfg.jpg

• Like 1

The hot chick with green and pink laces ran past me on km 17, and I was never able to catch up again...

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k210/RodrigoAltaf/2015.04.12_asics_golden_rio_janeiro_ANM15AGF1195_zpsylpty0yj.jpg

• Like 1

Don't forget Santana's marathon. From the album of the same name.

If you ever come to Europe, there are some great running experiences.

Both Berlin (Germany) and Oslo ( Norway) are especially fantastic experiences. You even get to do a lap of the oylimpic tracks in both those cities

at the finish of the race. The support you receive all the way round the course, and in the stadiums themselves, is an experience you won't forget in a hurry.

Word of warning though, the last few times I ran Berlin, the last couple of miles were on cobbles. The dropout rate over those last finishing yards is amazing.

Lots of guys simply sat on the ground, not a drop of glycogen left in their systems.

I did the Rome Marathon in 2012, and most of the track was in cobbles too. I finished in 04hours38mins. The start and finish line are in the Coliseum!!! I want to do one marathon in each continent, and only Asia and Africa are missing.

I can't run a single mile without music. I've heard that you can't do it professionally, or you'd be disqualified, but if I had to stop listening to music to be able to join those races, I'd probably stick to the training. A good tracklist is 99% of the fun!

The hot chick with green and pink laces ran past me on km 17, and I was never able to catch up again...

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k210/RodrigoAltaf/2015.04.12_asics_golden_rio_janeiro_ANM15AGF1195_zpsylpty0yj.jpg

What are rocking for kicks Rodrigo? I'm a Reebok Zigs man. Better cushioning and support.