When you view someone's profile page, What are you looking for?

sundog

Sometimes perspective, for example, how long a member has been a Rush fan. Did they join the fun in 70s era or 80s era or later? Sometimes for perspective on a comment, is the poster from US, Canada or Europe? Or Australia?!!? How many Rush shows, first one, last one, etc. Sometimes they have an album cover avatar that I don't recognize, and I foolishly think I click on it and I'll get the image instead of their homepage. Sometimes just by accident...

Sometimes....

• Like 2

Sometimes perspective, for example, how long a member has been a Rush fan. Did they join the fun in 70s era or 80s era or later? Sometimes for perspective on a comment, is the poster from US, Canada or Europe? Or Australia?!!? How many Rush shows, first one, last one, etc. Sometimes they have an album cover avatar that I don't recognize, and I foolishly think I click on it and I'll get the image instead of their homepage. Sometimes just by accident...

Sometimes....

Thank you - this is more the insight I was looking for. :)

You are welcome Sundog. Hope I don't appear nosy...At this pivotal time in the band's history, I found myself interested in how the fans perceive the band currently, historically, and how much of a future we may squeak out. How I regretted that when I found out how unpopular Counterparts is ;).

Rush is less a cultural phenomenon in the States (more of a loyalist following) so it's not a common topic for discussion here, even on the rock radio stations. Wish I found TRF years ago, thanks to everyone putting in the work keeping it going so seamlessly.

• Like 2

Sometimes....

^^^ This exactly. Just trying to get a sense of why the person in question may think and post the way they do. Knowing age, gender, education etc etc are helpful at times... :)
  • Like 2

Well I looked at your profile and you looked at mine, but yet I am still waiting on the message you speak of? Anyway an answer to your question is; for me it's just a matter of good ole fashioned curiosity. When I see a post or a comment or engaged in the chat room I like to see the info that is posted on the membes profile. To see where they live, age what their interests are favorite music etc...Isn't what it's there for?? Edited by Crimsonmistymemory
  • Like 3

What were you looking for on my profile?

Embarrassing personal information, over which you can be blackmailed..... :unsure: :ph34r:

Ooooh - that sounds really good.

Did you find any? :blink:

Not yet, but I haven't given up..... :7up:

• Like 1

What were you looking for on my profile?

Embarrassing personal information, over which you can be blackmailed..... :unsure: :ph34r:

But I thought that you were a principled man... :unsure:

Not anymore...... :ph34r: :P

• Like 2

Bra size

I think your record in that category is pretty safe, but I guess you never can be too sure.

Well I looked at your profile and you looked at mine, but yet I am still waiting on the message you speak of? Anyway an answer to your question is; for me it's just a matter of good ole fashioned curiosity. When I see a post or a comment or engaged in the chat room I like to see the info that is posted on the membes profile. To see where they live, age what their interests are favorite music etc...Isn't what it's there for??

it's there,Yours was the first one I left.

Well I looked at your profile and you looked at mine, but yet I am still waiting on the message you speak of? Anyway an answer to your question is; for me it's just a matter of good ole fashioned curiosity. When I see a post or a comment or engaged in the chat room I like to see the info that is posted on the membes profile. To see where they live, age what their interests are favorite music etc...Isn't what it's there for??

That is what it's there for - I just wondered what people are looking at specifically.

You seem a little defensive. I assure you, I'm not trying to catch anyone's hand in the cookie jar.

It's all in good fun. Digi didn't even know this was a thing. :LOL:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/sundog918/Profile%20Feed.jpg

Sometimes....

^^^ This exactly. Just trying to get a sense of why the person in question may think and post the way they do. Knowing age, gender, education etc etc are helpful at times... :)

Age especially. Gender usually shows under the name in a post, doesn't it?

Bra size

I think your record in that category is pretty safe, but I guess you never can be too sure.

Dude, if I had boobs, I'd never leave the house!
  • Like 4

Bra size

Dude, if I had boobs, I'd never leave the house!

He said "boobs"..! :P

• Like 1

Sometimes....

Age especially. Gender usually shows under the name in a post, doesn't it?

I suppose it does but I don't pay attention to the members gender anyway. I treat males and females the same I am pretty sure... ;)

• Like 1

usually it's to check when the last time they logged on if i can't check by hovering over their name. sometimes i check who was on their profile last. sometimes i'm just nosy.
  • Like 1