The TRF Infirmary Thread

Lorraine

The big test is Wednesday morning at 8. Would greatly appreciate any and all prayers that the lump is nothing. Thank you.

Tomorrow morning is it.

The good thing is that I find out right then and there. No agonizing waiting for days for results.

Wish me well. Please.

• Like 3

The big test is Wednesday morning at 8. Would greatly appreciate any and all prayers that the lump is nothing. Thank you.

Tomorrow morning is it.

The good thing is that I find out right then and there. No agonizing waiting for days for results.

Wish me well. Please.

Very much still wishing you well, Lorraine! I'm glad there will be no waiting for results, too--you don't need any more worrying right now :hug2:

• Like 3

Tomorrow morning is it.

Wish me well. Please.

Good luck!!!

• Like 1

That was one of the most grueling experiences I've ever had in my life, and I hope I never have to repeat it.

When the doctor kept calling for more images, and then for an ultrasound, while the other women in for the mammogram came and went, my heart sank. My reaction was anger, which I found strange.

The lump the doctor felt last week is a bony mass, I think she said. BUT, I have, what I think she called, calcium dots or deposits, and they have to be watched carefully to see if they change because it could mean cancer. So, I have to go back for another mammogram in six months, then in another six months, and then a year.

From my heart I thank all of you for your prayers and good wishes for me. I'm glad it is all over and done with. Maybe I will finally sleep tonight. :)

:hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2:

• Like 7

That was one of the most grueling experiences I've ever had in my life, and I hope I never have to repeat it.

When the doctor kept calling for more images, and then for an ultrasound, while the other women in for the mammogram came and went, my heart sank. My reaction was anger, which I found strange.

The lump the doctor felt last week is a bony mass, I think she said. BUT, I have, what I think she called, calcium dots or deposits, and they have to be watched carefully to see if they change because it could mean cancer. So, I have to go back for another mammogram in six months, then in another six months, and then a year.

From my heart I thank all of you for your prayers and good wishes for me. I'm glad it is all over and done with. Maybe I will finally sleep tonight. :)

Great news Lorraine...will still pray for you and your good health!

• Like 5

It sounds like it was exhausting! A mammogram plus ultrasound is supposed to be the "gold standard" for testing and diagnosis, though, so I'm glad you were getting good care. I'll try to send good energy your way for the follow up tests and I'm glad you are through with doctors for today! :hug2: :hug2:

• Like 5

I'm very glad to hear your news, Lorraine! I will also keep good wishes that you stay well :hug2: :)

• Like 2

Today was the worst day of being sick since Sunday. I even stayed home from work which pretty much means I am really suffering for that to happen. :(

Aww, I'm so sorry to hear this, dear friend. I hope that you are feeling better very soon and have found some comfort during your unanticipated "day off" :hug2:

• Like 1

Today was the worst day of being sick since Sunday. I even stayed home from work which pretty much means I am really suffering for that to happen. :(

Maybe this is your "crisis" point and, from tomorrow on, you will feel better. Little worse than being sick in the summer.

Bony or fibrous mass? Fibrous masses are very common.

So glad everything turned out okay. I know how nerve wracking it was.

• Like 1

It was awful, and the woman I had who took the x-rays left a lot to be desired. There's only so much you can do with a body part that is attached, but she kept yanking and stretching and shoving me into the machine.

I'm glad it's over. For now at least. Next time I go, I hope I get someone nicer.

It was awful, and the woman I had who took the x-rays left a lot to be desired. There's only so much you can do with a body part that is attached, but she kept yanking and stretching and shoving me into the machine.

I'm glad it's over. For now at least. Next time I go, I hope I get someone nicer.

Yeah depends on the machine too. Sometimes they squeeze you in there so tight you just want to slap someone.

• Like 1

I don't want to sound like I'm whining but I need a permanent bed in the infirmary. I suffer from a long list of chronic and painful maladies with no cure, just treat the symptoms. I have rheumatoid arthritis, fibromyalgia, and my most recent addition, CIDP, which isn't painful but has ruined my balance so I fall a lot. My meds include MS Contin (slow release morphine), and methotrexate. Listening to you guys is sometimes the high point of my day.

I don't want to sound like I'm whining but I need a permanent bed in the infirmary. I suffer from a long list of chronic and painful maladies with no cure, just treat the symptoms. I have rheumatoid arthritis, fibromyalgia, and my most recent addition, CIDP, which isn't painful but has ruined my balance so I fall a lot. My meds include MS Contin (slow release morphine), and methotrexate. Listening to you guys is sometimes the high point of my day.

:hug2:

Sometimes it's the high point of my day too.