The TRF Infirmary Thread

Lorraine

I've been down for a couple of days from hurting my back. Gave my dog a bath and I guess from leaning over him while I was kneeling in the floor threw my back into major spasm. Been hardly able to move. No fun.

I know for myself that if I am not at the height of awareness of every move I make, I can do and have done a lot of damage. Even sleeping the wrong way.

Hope it heals soon Eagle. It's hard when you can't move well or at all. The most simple everyday function becomes almost a nightmare to do when the back goes out.

Thanks! I hate taking medication and especially stuff like muscle relaxers.

Wishing you the best Eagle with the back. Since we are in the Infirmary Thread I seem to be losing my hearing slow but sure. I am scheduled for a CT next Friday to take a closer look in both ears to see what if anything is going on. Just another thing to add to the list. Honestly I would trade the hearing in my right ear completely if it would make the incredible ringing/buzzing in there go away. If it gets much louder I am not sure what I am going to do...

Anyway best of luck with the back as I said Eagle. I have plenty of pills that would help you forget all about it if I could give them to you I would. Mary Jane should be legal too btw... :LOL:

Oh I know how that is. My sympathies. I've had tinnitus in both ears for years, and have some minor hearing loss, definitely not made any better by all of the loud music I've been exposed to. Getting older isn't for sissies. Hope they figure out what's going on with you and can fix it.

Nobody seems to be able to "fix" anything. Just more appointments, money, prescriptions, money, different doctors, money etc. 3 weeks till my disability hearing. If I am not approved, life (even as bad as it is now) will only get worse... :sigh:

Eagle and Narps, I hope you both start feeling better! I I don't have any back problems but my husband has had them; they seem like the worst. I hope you can get some rest and healing over the weekend, Eagle.

Narps, I hope the CT can find some type of help for the buzzing. I know that I have loss of hearing but no buzzing; I sometimes wonder if it will develop because I was exposed to a lot of loud music and noise in my younger days. Who knew our fifties would be like this? I was at a friend's dinner last weekend and that's what the talk turned into- Dr. appointments and heart problems! :o Her daughter walked in and said I can't believe this, I thought you guys all used to go to concerts together! (we did). We told her, "Welcome to being in your fifties!"

• Like 3

I used to laugh at the seniors all talking about their health problems, but what you fail to realize when you're younger is how all-consuming some of the health issues become. It's hard to function when you're hurting all the time.
  • Like 2

Maybe we ought to start a Geriatric Thread. :LOL: :codger:

No thanks. I don't want to feel any worse about myself than I already do. :LOL:

• Like 2

Been typing out left handed all week since the accident. Turns out the tendon never slipped down into my palm so recovery will just be on my mutilated index finger. Surgery went fine and my nerve blocker is still in effect. In a (white) cast till Tuesday for a follow up appointment. They applied a button on the other side of my finger to hold the tendon for the next 9 months.
  • Like 6

Been typing out left handed all week since the accident. Turns out the tendon never slipped down into my palm so recovery will just be on my mutilated index finger. Surgery went fine and my nerve blocker is still in effect. In a (white) cast till Tuesday for a follow up appointment. They applied a button on the other side of my finger to hold the tendon for the next 9 months.

So it sounds like it's not as bad as it could've been. That's good news.

Glad to know surgery went well.

Did they give you anything for when your nerve blocker wears off?

When they put the "permanent" cast on you should be able to pick the color. On all 3 of my sugeries they had it dressed temporarily for about a week before the cast. I hated when they numbed my entire arm the first two times and told them don't do it on the third one and they didn't. The dead arm for 24 hours really freaked me out. I hope all goes well...

Glad it turned out a little better for you- wishing you speedy healing!

• Like 1

some painkillers ive been taking regularly for when it does wear off. It's gonna hurt like a sob tomorrow I bet

some painkillers ive been taking regularly for when it does wear off. It's gonna hurt like a sob tomorrow I bet

Hydrocodon is what they always gave me. It will help with the pain and let you sleep alot which is all you will want to do anyway. One piece of advice if I may? When they go to put on the cast ask for a waterproof one if they have it. It will save you much grief. I only got one on my last of 7 casts. It was an extra 20 bucks but well worth it. I should have done it for all of them...
  • Like 1

Hydrocodon is what they always gave me. It will help with the pain and let you sleep alot which is all you will want to do anyway. One piece of advice if I may? When they go to put on the cast ask for a waterproof one if they have it. It will save you much grief. I only got one on my last of 7 casts. It was an extra 20 bucks but well worth it. I should have done it for all of them...

Did they ask you prior to that if you wanted a waterproof cast? I would think most would choose it. It must be a nightmare trying to maneuver a washing without one.

Did they ask you prior to that if you wanted a waterproof cast? I would think most would choose it. It must be a nightmare trying to maneuver a washing without one.

They offered it most of the times so I knew about it but just didn't have it done. That will give you an idea how poor I was for the first couple of casts anyway back in April 2013. I didn't even want to waste the 20 bucks on the waterproof one...

Being poor myself, I know all about weighing well every penny spent, so I can understand your reluctance, When you have nothing, twenty dollars is a lot of money.

I would have done what you did though - there's only so much you can take until it becomes worth spending the money just to be free of the aggravation.

Being poor myself, I know all about weighing well every penny spent, so I can understand your reluctance, When you have nothing, twenty dollars is a lot of money.

I would have done what you did though - there's only so much you can take until it becomes worth spending the money just to be free of the aggravation.

Well in all honesty after a while when I was getting the disability payments every month I started to catch up financially and actually got to the point were I wasn't worried about it constantly. Soon I will be right back where I started again sadly and maybe even worse. If I don't win my SS disability case this month I don't know what I will do. Life...
  • Like 2