The TRF Infirmary Thread

Lorraine

I broke another nail playing disc golf today. Really painful stuff. My eyes watered so much

There are these little things called fingernail clippers.... :D

• Like 1

Since this is the infirmary thread I have some new developments to report while I am here. I haven't been feeling well for going on a month now. I had some allergy testing done last week and I am allergic to some stuff but nothing mind blowing. I have terrible congestion every day and just feel ill. I went to my primary doc yesterday. He gave me a breathing test and did a chest x ray as I am having trouble breathing. The upshot is he gave me another antibiotic (my at least 6th one in the past 6 months) and he gave me a steroid for 5 days to try to feel better and kick this thing. Also now I have got a prescription for a breathing medication (steroid) to be used twice daily (Advair) and an emergency inhaler thingy. Good grief. I may look healthy and in good shape (which I think I am) but I sure don't feel it. Hope this stuff helps and I am going to need more bathroom counter space soon to house all this crap i take :LOL: I am also seriously considering going to see a therapist for my anxiety and depression (I guess) issues as soon as possible. Never done something like this before but I am completely open to it (if my insurance pays for it only). If my insurance doesn't pay for a finite amount of visits then it won't be happening because there is no way I can afford it. Apologies for the long winded post but I figure this is the place for it. Anyone been there and done any of this your input would be appreciated. Thanks in advance... :)

For Narp :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2:

• Like 1

Since this is the infirmary thread I have some new developments to report while I am here. I haven't been feeling well for going on a month now. I had some allergy testing done last week and I am allergic to some stuff but nothing mind blowing. I have terrible congestion every day and just feel ill. I went to my primary doc yesterday. He gave me a breathing test and did a chest x ray as I am having trouble breathing. The upshot is he gave me another antibiotic (my at least 6th one in the past 6 months) and he gave me a steroid for 5 days to try to feel better and kick this thing. Also now I have got a prescription for a breathing medication (steroid) to be used twice daily (Advair) and an emergency inhaler thingy. Good grief. I may look healthy and in good shape (which I think I am) but I sure don't feel it. Hope this stuff helps and I am going to need more bathroom counter space soon to house all this crap i take :LOL: I am also seriously considering going to see a therapist for my anxiety and depression (I guess) issues as soon as possible. Never done something like this before but I am completely open to it (if my insurance pays for it only). If my insurance doesn't pay for a finite amount of visits then it won't be happening because there is no way I can afford it. Apologies for the long winded post but I figure this is the place for it. Anyone been there and done any of this your input would be appreciated. Thanks in advance... :)

For Narp :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2:

For Baby.... :rose:
  • Like 1

A little bummed as my first appointment with the therapist was cancelled for tomorrow morning and will be rescheduled maybe at the end of next week. Was kinda of looking forward to this and then the big letdown. Let the healing begin (or not)... :(

A little bummed as my first appointment with the therapist was cancelled for tomorrow morning and will be rescheduled maybe at the end of next week. Was kinda of looking forward to this and then the big letdown. Let the healing begin (or not)... :(

That's a bummer.Maybe there was some kind of medical emergency? Some Rush fan got bummed because they weren't playing Superconductor and jumped off a bridge? :D

• Like 1

That's a bummer.Maybe there was some kind of medical emergency? Some Rush fan got bummed because they weren't playing Superconductor and jumped off a bridge? :D

Sounds like a blessing in disguise to me.

• Like 1

I think I know why. Over the Memorial Day holliday they have what called around here "Black Bike Week". The area in North Myrtle Beach where their office is is like ground zero. Nobody wants to deal with the mess and traffic and businesses literally close up shop during that time. I have a feeling that is what has happened. They rescheduled me for June 1. Something else to look forward to I suppose. Just not happy and want to get on with it...

I think I know why. Over the Memorial Day holliday they have what called around here "Black Bike Week". The area in North Myrtle Beach where their office is is like ground zero. Nobody wants to deal with the mess and traffic and businesses literally close up shop during that time. I have a feeling that is what has happened. They rescheduled me for June 1. Something else to look forward to I suppose. Just not happy and want to get on with it...

Oh yeah, I've been in Myrtle Beach during that. It's quite the sight.

I go to the doctor tomorrow morning. Most of my ailments I'm not saying a word about. Wish me luck and, for those of you so inclined, say a prayer that all goes well.

:)

I will be quite busy tomorrow but during my long drive I will have plenty of time to think and I know you will cross my mind plenty. When I hear The Weapon on my Grace live CD I will do nothing but think of you and smile. I will wish you well and pray for you too. Multitasking at its finest... :rose: :)

:dweez:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/29/Disco_ball4.jpg/250px-Disco_ball4.jpg

• Like 1

I go to the doctor tomorrow morning. Most of my ailments I'm not saying a word about. Wish me luck and, for those of you so inclined, say a prayer that all goes well.

I will be quite busy tomorrow but during my long drive I will have plenty of time to think and I know you will cross my mind plenty. When I hear The Weapon on my Grace live CD I will do nothing but think of you and smile. I will wish you well and pray for you too. Multitasking at its finest... :rose: :)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/29/Disco_ball4.jpg/250px-Disco_ball4.jpg

Awww... :hug2: :hug2: :hug2:

Tomorrow is a big day for you too, but in a better way! I'll hold down the fort here for you, and say Hi to Catherine in your name in case she shows up.

In the meantime to cheer myself up, and since my husband fixed the DVD player (knew he would), I will watch The Weapon from Grace Under Pressure - Alex, Geddy and Neil at their height and their finest. :sigh: :sigh: :sigh:

• Like 1

Awww... :hug2: :hug2: :hug2:

Tomorrow is a big day for you too, but in a better way! I'll hold down the fort here for you, and say Hi to Catherine in your name in case she shows up.

In the meantime to cheer myself up, and since my husband fixed the DVD player (knew he would), I will watch The Weapon from Grace Under Pressure - Alex, Geddy and Neil at their height and their finest. :sigh: :sigh: :sigh:

:hug2: :hug2: back at you... Edited by Narps
  • Like 1

I read this wrong...was like WHOAH that's gross and then came to my senses

• Like 1

Oh right. Language differences. Doesn't mean the same thing here. :)

• Like 1

Its OK...we Brits must say off colour stuff to your ear unintentionally

Its OK...we Brits must say off colour stuff to your ear unintentionally

I think with so many British shows on tv here now the exposure is much more widespread but it still happens. I think it's pretty funny. :)

I have blunt claws. All 18 of them. Anyone got a spare scratching post? If not, anyone willing to lend me their arse?

:P

I have blunt claws. All 18 of them. Anyone got a spare scratching post? If not, anyone willing to lend me their arse?

:codger: ....

Ooo! A volunteer! :LOL:
  • Like 1

:) ...

So who's the sadist, Narp? Me with the claws, or you offering your arse in place of a scratching post? ;)

So who's the sadist, Narp? Me with the claws, or you offering your arse in place of a scratching post? ;)

Well this is a conversation I don't think anybody could have seen coming

• Like 2