The TRF Infirmary Thread

Lorraine

What's "AOR"? :huh:

The dumbest subgenre ever:

Album Oriented Rock

But the bands categorized as such tend to be my thing 100%.

I wouldn't necessarily call it a genre. Radio stations used to focus on album play rather than just hit singles. Mostly during the late 70s and 80s. To me, this was a time when you heard a lot of deep tracks off of albums. Much better than it is today. Unless were talking about Sirius XM, which is more far more AOR than most FM stations are now.

That is what FM stations were for - playing songs you wouldn't hear on AM radio. FM rock music stations used to be called "underground music" when it started out in the late sixties.

You're right, that is what they were originally, but not so much now. Most of the radio stations now play the top 20 hits.

Album Oriented Rock

I wouldn't necessarily call it a genre. Radio stations used to focus on album play rather than just hit singles. Mostly during the late 70s and 80s. To me, this was a time when you heard a lot of deep tracks off of albums. Much better than it is today. Unless were talking about Sirius XM, which is more far more AOR than most FM stations are now.

That is what FM stations were for - playing songs you wouldn't hear on AM radio. FM rock music stations used to be called "underground music" when it started out in the late sixties.

You're right, that is what they were originally, but not so much now. Most of the radio stations now play the top 20 hits.

So there are no longer any FM stations that you could go to discover new music? That's a shame. It sounds like FM has become what AM was back in the days of transistor radios.

Album Oriented Rock

So there are no longer any FM stations that you could go to discover new music? That's a shame. It sounds like FM has become what AM was back in the days of transistor radios.

I think they're out there but they're few and far between.

Album Oriented Rock

Well...today we have YouTube, Spotify etc...they work well for me!

Yes, but how do you know what to look for on YouTube?

Back then, all we had to do was listen. The stations would play the new music and introduce us to new bands.

I was about to type the same thing. You kind of have to know what to look for. On the radio you kind of got what you got. In a way, I think music is almost too accessible now. It's become cheap in the quality sense.

• Like 1

Back then, all we had to do was listen. The stations would play the new music and introduce us to new bands.

I agree, but I know many people have discovered great music from the recommendations that YouTube offer, as have I, and on Spotify every band comes with a page of similar artists, and that is how I discovered Styx.

I ate a can of baked beans, steamed broccoli, a rack of BBQ ribs, deep fried, and a can of coke.

Now, I got a case of the farts...

That combination could kill someone! Good God people be careful :outtahere:

• Like 2

I agree, but I know many people have discovered great music from the recommendations that YouTube offer, as have I, and on Spotify every band comes with a page of similar artists, and that is how I discovered Styx.

I have discovered several bands I like that are new to me by looking at what others on TRF are listening to and listening to them on You Tube.

I have discovered several bands I like that are new to me by looking at what others on TRF are listening to and listening to them on You Tube.

So many great bands through this forum yes...AND I HAVE CONVERTED THREE PEEPS TO LACUNA COIL SO ALL IS GOOD IN MY SEXY LITTLE WORLD

• Like 1

I ran into a pane of glass. I thought it was a door, but it was just a huge window. I broke my nose, and it took a whole day for the bleeding to stop completely. I didn't have time to see a doctor because it happened on the day I was writing an exam. FML

I ran into a pane of glass. I thought it was a door, but it was just a huge window. I broke my nose, and it took a whole day for the bleeding to stop completely. I didn't have time to see a doctor because it happened on the day I was writing an exam. FML

Just make sure your nose is straight. You don't want it to heal crooked. It should heal on its own well enough without a doctor, but you should go to an Urgent Care Center or an Emergency Room to make sure there isn't some other damage.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

My daughter is sick and it makes me sad. I hate when the kids get sick... really sick. She was running a 103 fever, coughing, dizzy... not the flu, the culture they did came back negative. She's just not herself, and I wish I could just take it from her and deal with it myself.

Can I be sick of my boss??? :ranton: I just had another surprise meeting with him last week and he's trying to get me suspended for 3 days without pay. Sorry if this is off topic but I am tired of feeling nervous all the time and just when I think things improve, I get the rug pulled out from under me again...so I alternate from mad to sad several times a week.. :rantoff:
  • Like 3

My daughter is sick and it makes me sad. I hate when the kids get sick... really sick. She was running a 103 fever, coughing, dizzy... not the flu, the culture they did came back negative. She's just not herself, and I wish I could just take it from her and deal with it myself.

It's awful feeling helpless when you want to help someone. I'm like you - I'd rather take the suffering from someone and endure it myself rather than see another person whom I love - relative or friend - suffer.

Hope she feels better fast, LIX. :hug2: :hug2: Hugs for you and her.

• Like 2