Watching movies more than once

EagleMoon

I don't watch many films and there are only a few I can think of that I have watched more than once or twice. Those that spring to mind are ; Forest Gump, Local Hero, Picnic at Hanging Rock and The King's Speech.

Similarly, there are few books I have read more than once but I can listen to music I love over and over again.

Good to hear that about "Picnic at Hanging Rock", I always see it at the library and it looks interesting, I'm going to get it next time!

"Point Break" with Keanu Reeves and Patrick Swayze is one I watch over and over again; it doesn't even have much of a plot but the cinematography or something is interesting. Plus it is fun to see Anthony Kiedis as the evil surfer! "Boyz N the Hood" is another one because Larry Fishburne's performance as the dad is so good; I keep hoping the ending will be different each time :(.

Also, like EagleMoon, anything from the 1930's- "It Happened One Night" is one I can watch any time, such a classic. I want the life Myrna Loy and her husband had in the Thin Man movie I saw over Christmas- living in a hotel and having cocktail parties all the time, it looked like fun!

Add V for Vendetta to my list.

Watching it now.

Love that! I haven't seen it for years...must change that!!

• Like 1

There are three films consistently getting love here that makes me happy!

1) The Incredibles (I thought I was alone in thinking this is a major movie masterpiece)

2) Gattaca (I know of nobody who likes this film, let alone love it!)

3) Blade Runner (I never tire of seeing the love for this movie. Bravo everybody!)

• Like 1

If it's a movie (or book) I like I will happily watch (read) it multiple times. The best is when I don't remember much from the first time, so it's almost like a new movie to me. Oddly enough, I often don't remember much of a movie from just watching it once, so I really do need to see it at least a couple of times to make it stick.

Then there are movies like Fight Club (one of my faves) which was an entirely different movie the second time.

this is another one where I can almost recite the entire movie

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d2/Back_to_the_Future.jpg

That got referenced on Family Guy last night for the umpteenth time and even had Lea Thompson doing a vocal cameo for this line:

"He's an absolute dream!" :LOL:

I swear, that has to be the most referenced movie series on FG that isn't Star Wars.

Also...

Big Lebowski

Oh Brother Where Art Thou

No Country for Old Men

My favorite living directors ever. :goodone:

Raising Arizona and Miller's Crossing are good repeat watching as well. Saw the latter on St. Patrick's Day this year.

Edited by invisible airwave
  • Like 2

:bump: A conversation Inspired by Johnny Blaze and carried over from my birthday thread (thanks again everyone!)

A few more of mine...

High Plains Drifter

Twelve Monkeys

Being John Malkovich (watched it back to back the first time I saw it!)

The Band of Brothers series

• Like 2

Cool goose. I've never seen this thread. When I get to watch a movie over and over again I tend to read all the particulars about it + do a search for the script and read through that too.

There are tons of flicks I've seen dozens of times. I'll just list some of them...

- Shawshank Redemption : the absolute perfect movie. In all likelihood I've probably seen this at least 40 times.

- Slumdog Millionaire : excellent film that deserved all the praise it got. Easily have seen this 20 times. Some of the DVD extras are pretty cool too. The actor that played adult Jamal actually DID hook up with adult Latika. Lucky slumdog bastard!

- Clockwork Orange : Kubrick! I started loving this flick since before Return of the Jedi was in cinemas. But I've never seen any of the Star Wars films 50 or more times.

- The Incredibles : the best Pixar film. One of the best superhero films ever made. Great attention to detail in this.

- Full Metal Jacket : Kubrick again. Not sure there's a better war movie out there. And who doesn't know the line, "Ohhh me so horny. Me love you long time"?!

- Breakfast Club : THE quintessential 80s flick with all the young 80s players. There was a time when I could recite the entire movie. Cool little trivia: John Cusack, who had already worked with Hughes in 16 Candles, was a strong candidate to play John Bender. However, they felt he didn't look tough/intimidating enough so Judd eventually got the job.

This is Spinal Tap : IMHO this is the funniest movie ever made. Those songs which are clearly jokes are better than most real rock songs! This movie is only 82 minutes long but it feels like a mere 22 minute album side. "Shit sandwich!"

• Like 1

- Slumdog Millionaire : excellent film that deserved all the praise it got. Easily have seen this 20 times. Some of the DVD extras are pretty cool too. The actor that played adult Jamal actually DID hook up with adult Latika. Lucky slumdog bastard!

That's a movie I loved but have never taken the time to watch again. A great story that I need to re-visit.

As far as newer films. Life of Pi is one I've watched repeatedly. Visually stunning, and I love the dialogue. Another great story.

That's a movie I loved but have never taken the time to watch again. A great story that I need to re-visit.

As far as newer films. Life of Pi is one I've watched repeatedly. Visually stunning, and I love the dialogue. Another great story.

I like this movie but the animated tiger drives me nuts.

• Like 1

Mr. Parker is saddened by this. :(

http://cache.reelz.com/assets/content/repFrame/69419/life-of-pi-trailer-01.jpg

:D

Edited by goose

Mr. Parker is saddened by this. :(

http://cache.reelz.com/assets/content/repFrame/69419/life-of-pi-trailer-01.jpg

:D

Turn that frown upside down. :D

Pi is a good one too. Have only seen it once though. Should go back eventually and rewatch it.

One of the cut scenes from Slumdog included another question involving a statue in the Mumbai train station. Makes sense that the question would be in there BUT the theatrical release didn't miss anything with it gone.

When I get depressed I often watch Rock Of Ages. When it finishes, I simply start it again!

Feel good, brain dead cheese with stacks of ace songs.