Watching movies more than once

EagleMoon

I was having this discussion with my sister the other day. She doesn't enjoy watching movies more than once whereas I like to watch movies multiple times. I also enjoy reading books more than once, as long as it's been a while since I read it. Does anyone else here only like to watch a movie once?
  • Like 3

A great movie I could watch 50 times literally and probably have. As you know my reading comprehension isn't to good... :)
  • Like 5

I am an avid re-reader and re-watcher. I've found that there's always something new to discover or to simply re-enjoy. For me, it's like eating a food I like or listening to a favorite song.
  • Like 5

A great movie I could watch 50 times literally and probably have. . :)

Me too. Cool Hand Luke, The Sting, Butch Cassidy...Jaws, The Graduate, the Godfather films...Shawshank Redemption...Bogart or Audrey Hepburn films...
  • Like 4

I don't care for movies much in general, but I've watched the few that I enjoy about a million times each.

And I absolutely like to read good books more than once.

that's my answer too.

I don't really care for movies, but the ones I did love I used to watch over and over.

Same with books. My poor memory helps here too. I've read so many books that I do forget what it is many of them.

Grew up with a sister that always used to be berate me for doing that too. "You're reading that book again??????"

• Like 1

I don't care for movies much in general, but I've watched the few that I enjoy about a million times each.

that's my answer too.

I don't really care for movies, but the ones I did love I used to watch over and over.

Same with books. My poor memory helps here too. I've read so many books that I do forget what it is many of them.

Grew up with a sister that always used to be berate me for doing that too. "You're reading that book again??????"

That sounds just like me. I remember when Star Wars came out people were seeing it multiple times. There were always those people that said, why would you want to see something over and over like that? I could never understand not wanting to. If it's good it's good. Reading books and watching movies is very similar to listening to music to me. Would you not listen to a song that you liked more than once?

• Like 2

that's my answer too.

That sounds just like me. I remember when Star Wars came out people were seeing it multiple times. There were always those people that said, why would you want to see something over and over like that? I could never understand not wanting to. If it's good it's good. Reading books and watching movies is very similar to listening to music to me. Would you not listen to a song that you liked more than once?

My husband said to me a few weeks ago - that he can't understand how someone can listen to a song more than a few times.

I should have included him along with my sister, because he's another one that is always asking me "you're reading that book again???"

I don't understand why it bothers people when someone does that, do you?

• Like 1

Depends what kind of movie it is. If it´s a horror movie, then I can´t see them again. But if it´s comedy, then sure, if it´s a good one.

I'm not a big fan of horror movies in general but I have seen a few. I would agree that I usually don't watch them more than once. But if it's something that I really enjoyed, then sure. Especially if it's sci-fi related.

that's my answer too.

My husband said to me a few weeks ago - that he can't understand how someone can listen to a song more than a few times.

I should have included him along with my sister, because he's another one that is always asking me "you're reading that book again???"

I don't understand why it bothers people when someone does that, do you?

No idea. To me if you enjoy something, wouldn't you want to revisit it?

• Like 1

Im a repeat movie watcher for sure. Sometimes i dont even remember the ending.ven Or sometimes i am hoping it ends differently. My favorite repeat movies.."Shawshank Redemption" , "Jaws"

"Sling Blade".....

• Like 5

Im a repeat movie watcher for sure. Sometimes i dont even remember the ending.ven Or sometimes i am hoping it ends differently. My favorite repeat movies.."Shawshank Redemption" , "Jaws"

"Sling Blade".....

Sling Blade...yes, another one to watch multiple times.

Little Big Man...Dances with Wolves...Hitchcock films like Vertigo and Rear window...

I just re-watched Wait Until dark with my son. I love that I get to re-discover things with him!

• Like 3

I like to watch films more than once and there's usually something you realize that you didn't spot last time. Also I usually forget bits of it or it's just a great film. Especially comedies and action films, they're my favourites. Edited by LittleRushmonkey
  • Like 1

If anyone here likes the old thirties movies, see if you can find and watch "What Price Hollywood?" with Constance Bennett. It's so bad, it's good. I think that might have been made before the Hays Office went into action on account of Connie's outfits. :LOL:
  • Like 1

I used to a lot more than I do now, I'd like to rewatch more but there's so much I still have to get to.

I recently rewatched Inherent Vice, but that's only because the film does its best to confuse you, it's all over the place.

I'm not a huge movie buff in general, but yes, if it's a movie I really like I'll definitely watch again. Sometimes a plot might confuse me and it will annoy me enough for a re-watch.

If it's good or one of your faves then yes. When I finally got Salem's Lot on DVD the full 180 minute version around 1997 I watched it about 35 times in about 18 months! Maybe more! And I'm still not sick of it!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Like 2

If anyone here likes the old thirties movies, see if you can find and watch "What Price Hollywood?" with Constance Bennett. It's so bad, it's good. I think that might have been made before the Hays Office went into action on account of Connie's outfits. :LOL:

I don't think I've seen that one, but I love the old classic movies.

Some of my favorites to repeat watch are:

The Thin Man series

Anything with Cary Grant

Anything with Irene Dunne

Anything with Katharine Hepburn

Anything with Jimmy Stewart

Hitchcock movies

Musicals with Fred Astaire or Gene Kelly

• Like 2

If I really liked it the first time then I'll definitely want to watch it again. I like to wait a while too because it's sort of like watching it for the first time again.
  • Like 2

I will re-watch my favorite movies a couple of times a year. When you love the characters, plot and just about everything about the movie....watching it never gets old.

I must have watched A Clockwork Orange and 2001: A Spacey Odyssey so many times by now.

Edited by driven_to_xanadu
  • Like 1

Big Lebowski

Insert 80s John Hughes movie here.

Office Space

Wayne's World

High Fidelity

Commando

Anchorman

Blues Brothers

To Live And Die In L.A.

Midnight Run

BTTF trilogy

Blazing Saddles

Men In Black

Major League

Beverly Hills Cop

Coming To America

Fletch

Vacation

Lots of classic comedies, basically. I'm also a big Friday The 13th geek and I love watching the 6th one the most. It's quite influential towards later humorous horror like Scream, Urban Legend, Cabin In The Woods et al.

Edited by invisible airwave
  • Like 2

that's my answer too.

Lorraine, your sister sounds like mine! I was always reading stuff over and over again. It seems likeI get new stuff out of them every time, especially if it has been awhile. I still do the same thing, especially with history and biographies. Same thing with movies, I like to see my favorites over and over again, although that might be my memory??!! My husband says I'm always saying "Wait, I haven't seen this part" when it's something I've seen like 5 times. Can't help it, sometimes I have a new perspective or something.