The Final Battle (Pt. II) - The Best of the Worst a/k/a The Narpsberg Recovery Thread

Lorraine

42 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best of the worst Rush songs?

• Rivendell
    • I Think I'm Going Bald
    • Tears
    • Madrigal
    • Circumstances
    • Different Strings
    • Vital Signs
    • Countdown
    • Red Lenses
    • Emotion Detector
    • Superconductor
    • Face Up
    • Speed of Love
    • Dog Years
    • Out Of The Cradle
    • Bravest Face/Good News First
    • BU2B2

I don't own Beyond the Lighted Stage. I need to pick that up!

It has become essential part of my Rush experience. The way they talk about the overwhelming challenge it was to record Hemispheres, and the multitude of rock star appreciation and support for the influences of that album.

Gabriel, I genuinely appreciate you transcribing from BTLS. :)

Geddy says it was "a little beyond" them, but was it? They did it. And in the end, nothing else matters. They did it, and they did it well.

I wish that I was a musician so I could appreciate the incredible complexity of Hemispheres all the more. But even though I'm not a musician, it is still there to hear in the listening of the album by the ordinary person.

You are welcome. It's such a pleasure when we focus on Hemispheres. Such a unique and enjoyable album.

If you have not seen the Hemispheres portion of Beyond the Lighted Stage, the entire film is actually on you tube, not sure how realistic that is for accessing. (I don't want to copy here and bog down the site with a 2 hour film.) Ged says the beyond us comment at the 51 minute mark of the film, and Hemispheres begins at about the 45 minute mark. I can watch this 10 minute sequence over and over. It's become an essential archive to my favorite album.

I think seeing them talk about it will explain what they meant by beyond us.

I have BTLS - the cheap one - which is to say only the one disc BTLS. I need to watch it again. It's been awhile. The last time I watched it, we had a big Jack Black (I think that's his name - the weird Charlie Manson looking guy in the film) thread in the main section. :LOL:

I'm sure you guys know Segue listened to Hemispheres again and loved it :laughing guy: That boy needs to put his head down for quiet time, lol

Mick

That was yesterday.

Today is a new day.

:)

Yea he probly hates it again. I did tell him though. he has no creditability anymore to me. lol. I'm not believing a word he types....anymore. lol.

Mick

• Like 1

I'm sure you guys know Segue listened to Hemispheres again and loved it :laughing guy: That boy needs to put his head down for quiet time, lol

Mick

That was yesterday.

Today is a new day.

:)

Yea he probly hates it again. I did tell him though. he has no creditability anymore to me. lol. I'm not believing a word he types....anymore. lol.

Mick

Love the guy but see your point...

lol

Kenneth

• Like 2

I'm going to stick this post in here.

Narps asked me for another poll on the "depression" thread. I agree, Narps, that those threads are depressing.

I have been thinking of what I could do for a new thread, but at the moment I am kind of thread shy. If I start another poll in this section, I will be accused of "dominating" the section. If I start another thread in Random, I may get the same complaint.

Edited by Lorraine

Narps asked me for another poll on the "depression" thread. I agree, Narps, that those threads are depressing.

I have been thinking of what I could do for a new thread, but at the moment I am kind of thread shy. If I start another poll in this section, I will be accused of "dominating" the section. If I start another thread in Random, I may get the same complaint.

I am not going Near that depression thread.......i strupple with on/off depression. Just what i need a thread to start my fire. i don't come here for that.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000

I am not going Near that depression thread.......i strupple with on/off depression. Just what i need a thread to start my fire. i don't come here for that.

Mick

Neither do I. My life is depressing enough. :LOL:

• Like 2

I have a thread in mind that will go in Music of the Spheres. Been kicking around the idea in my head for the past couple of days. It's going to take more time to even write the initial post than I normally have time to do.

Maybe I'll save it for a Saturday? :huh:

Narp, how do you sleep with that cast/dressing on you? Do you ever roll over on it?

I've never broken a bone, and never had a surgery like what you've been dealing with, so I can't imagine how uncomfortable it must be.

On another note...is it just me, or does it seem kind of like a ghost town around here today?

Narp, how do you sleep with that cast/dressing on you? Do you ever roll over on it?

I've never broken a bone, and never had a surgery like what you've been dealing with, so I can't imagine how uncomfortable it must be.

On another note...is it just me, or does it seem kind of like a ghost town around here today?

You're telling me. No one's playing anything in Roll The Bones like they usually are at this time.

Yesterday was weird too. Some threads were dead for hours. Oh when the tour starts. we will obnoxiously busy i'm sure.

Mick

Yesterday was weird too. Some threads were dead for hours. Oh when the tour starts. we will obnoxiously busy i'm sure.

Mick

Narps dealing with another procedure, Lorraine respecting our right to start a thread, Segue off trying to figure out Hemispheres so Mick's battle of heart and mind partner absence keeping him still.

Has anyone heard from Segue, which side of the fence is he on now re Hemispheres? As the TRF turns...

Mick

Narps dealing with another procedure, Lorraine respecting our right to start a thread, Segue off trying to figure out Hemispheres so Mick's battle of heart and mind partner absence keeping him still.

Has anyone heard from Segue, which side of the fence is he on now re Hemispheres? As the TRF turns...

Last i heard 2 days ago he loved it.......but that was 2 days ago, lo. He hasn't commented on it since. I never fence jumped on albums as much as he does, lol. it would drive me up a wall.

Mick

Mick

My job keeps me obnoxiously busy every day; I'd give a lot to NOT be obnoxiously busy.

But I'm evidently not busy enough to miss noticing that it seems kind of... :huh:

Anyway, at least I'm not totally crazy; not the only one thinking that way.

Okay, to steer the conversation back to something much more pertinent...try this:

Nick Rasputinowicz should remix Permanent Waves! Would love to see what he'd do with it!

Discuss.

:outtahere:

Mick

My job keeps me obnoxiously busy every day; I'd give a lot to NOT be obnoxiously busy.

But I'm evidently not busy enough to miss noticing that it seems kind of... :huh:

Okay, to steer the conversation back to something much more pertinent...try this:

Nick Rasputinowicz should remix Permanent Waves! Would love to see what he'd do with it!

Discuss.

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...........nah. He should be banned from Rush, lol

Mick

Mick

Discuss.

Mick

I was hoping for a better rant than that!!

(At least you didn't make the mistake of taking me seriously when I posted that, though). ;)

Mick

Discuss.

Mick

(At least you didn't make the mistake of taking me seriously when I posted that, though). ;)

if narps shows up....ask me again, lol. i need my number 1 rant fan.

Mick

Mick

Discuss.

Mick

Mick

You know, we really shouldn't lay all of the blame on Nick's shoulders. The guys in the band had something to do with how the albums turned out too. If anything, I think he doesn't speak up enough.

• Like 1

Mick

Discuss.

Mick

Mick

You know, we really shouldn't lay all of the blame on Nick's shoulders. The guys in the band had something to do with how the albums turned out too. If anything, I think he doesn't speak up enough.

i agree....but it's easier to go after Nick......otherwise if i said Rush........i'd be hunted and killed.

but in the end both are to blame.

Nick for helping brickwall it..or not speaking up.

Rush for not caring enough to check their product.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000

Mick

I have noticed it too. Dead. No real interest. I get bad vibes. Or, as the Russian immigrant I once ran into out here said: bad vibs.

• Like 1