Every Album

grasbo

Can anyone say on this forum that they like every Rush album.I do.I listen to all types of music and always keep an open mind to what I am hearing whether its my sons death metal or my daughters club music.Jazz,classical,country,etc.One of the reasons I say this is I bought Chronicles at a market the other day for $5 and just played it right through without skipping a track .I just love every era of Rush,the early Zep like years,the side long epics,the synth 80's,etc.My favourite bands are Rush and Zep and i can easily switch from Working Man to The Garden to Whole Lotta Love to All my Love in an instant and not cringe.Ok,some songs,albums are better than others but with Rush(and Zep)I can listen all day.
  • Like 6

Yes! I like every Lp. There are some I like more! What I like most about all the albums is the Progression of Rush history. Like we couldn't have Moving pictures without the records before MP. So every Lp has its merits and I love them all in their own special way.

The albums Hold Your Fire through Snakes and Arrows are problematic for me, I just find them so boring. I like the odd track on each but rarely listen to those albums, if ever. I don't enjoy those albums at all so I guess I dislike them.
  • Like 1

Roll the Bones is ground zero for me. I like or love every album from the debut until then. Counterparts is another album I rarely listen to but everything after that is golden to me. That being said, my favorite albums are definitely Waves. MP and Signals. Everything else is about a 75% success rate.

Snakes and Echo are the most underrated ones to me. I get it, but I still wonder why they aren't more universally apreciated. Maybe I appreciate them more considering how generally under appreciated they are.

When I was 17 Zep were on their last legs and In Through The Outdoor was the only album that i had the chance to look forward to before things went pear shaped.At the same time I discovered Rush and bought Hemispheres new.They sought of took over Zep as my fave band.Got all the previous lps,missed PeW by a couple of years,but never missed a release after MP,always wondering what they would come up next.I know they are in their twighlight years and CA could be their last,but I thought that after Hold Your Fire they couldn't go further. Edited by grasbo
  • Like 1

Roll the Bones I love,and could play 2112,Caress of Steel,Feedback,etc,right after it.
  • Like 1

No...

Yep, in a word...that's it.

I appreciate their progression, and the path they've continued to trudge for 40+ years...but Test For Echo and Vapor Trails could be missing from the discography, and I'd never notice it.

Those are the only two Rush albums I can say that about, though.

A few of their albums (Vapor Trails, Roll the Bones, Hemispheres) are a bit weak compared to the others, but there's still some material that I like on them.

Vapor trails and roll the bones I can understand why people don't like. But Hemispheres!? That's a masterpiece with perfect songs!

• Like 7

A few of their albums (Vapor Trails, Roll the Bones, Hemispheres) are a bit weak compared to the others, but there's still some material that I like on them.

Hemispheres!? That's a masterpiece with perfect songs!

Yes!!

I find something to like on every album.

But I could happily do without Roll The Bones, Snakes And Arrows and Fly By Night. I wouldn't miss them really.

Hemispheres is hardly weak in terms of the Rush canon, frankly I find your statement silly. A quick Google turns up immediate results that all place Hemispheres in the Top 25 Prog albums of all time. You can dislike the album, nay, hate the album, but to call it "a bit weak" is trolling or stupidity.

Edited by Tony R
  • Like 2

No. I just can't stand Caress of Steel. Every other album is generally good, though. I also tend to love the albums most people hate (e.g. Vapor Trails, Hold Your Fire, Roll the Bones).

The albums Hold Your Fire through Snakes and Arrows are problematic for me, I just find them so boring. I like the odd track on each but rarely listen to those albums, if ever. I don't enjoy those albums at all so I guess I dislike them.

This except that I like Snakes And Arrows.

Love every Zeppelin album except I'm not big on In Through The Out Door (or Coda). Pretty much like every Zeppelin song as well from those albums other than Dancing Days, Dyer Maker, and The Crunge.

Studio album-wise, I love every album from the debut through Moving Pictures. I like every album after that from Signals through Test for Echo. I dislike everything after that, with Clockwork Angels being the one I dislike the least.

I like all LZ, even ITTOD; always listen to albums straight through, never skip a track unless I don't have time to listen to it all. They're the band that never stops giving.

Can't say the same for Rush. From Signals through T4E I listen to tracks not albums. But, I love listening to my lp-length versions of VT, S&A, and CA (cut out the fat and these albums really rock), and of course everything through MP.

• Like 1

I like a lot of Zep but the albums I always come back to are Houses/PG. Rush I love a great majority of their output to be honest. My preference is early 80's but overall the catalog is strong throught. They really are a band for its fans Zep not so much.