Jump to content


The Worst - Round Eighteen


  • Please log in to reply
160 replies to this topic

Poll: The Worst - Round Eighteen (42 member(s) have cast votes)

What is(are) the worst song(s) on Clockwork Angels?

  1. Caravan (2 votes [2.41%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 2.41%

  2. BU2B (7 votes [8.43%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 8.43%

  3. Clockwork Angels (2 votes [2.41%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 2.41%

  4. The Anarchist (3 votes [3.61%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 3.61%

  5. Carnies (5 votes [6.02%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 6.02%

  6. Halo Effect (12 votes [14.46%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 14.46%

  7. Seven Cities Of Gold (9 votes [10.84%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 10.84%

  8. The Wreckers (6 votes [7.23%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 7.23%

  9. Headlong Flight (3 votes [3.61%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 3.61%

  10. BU2B2 (19 votes [22.89%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 22.89%

  11. Wish Them Well (12 votes [14.46%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 14.46%

  12. The Garden (3 votes [3.61%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 3.61%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Narps

Narps

    Official TRF Pace Car Driver

  • Members
  • 27722 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Myrtle Beach SC
  • Interests:Exercise, my children, my new grandchildren(twin boys), the rest of my life...

Posted 08 April 2015 - 07:40 PM

View PostLorraine, on 08 April 2015 - 07:23 PM, said:

I voted for eight out of twelve.
I only voted for 6. I guess the sh*t production will be discussed at some point as well. Some good material there too...

Sponsored Post

#22 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 42287 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 08 April 2015 - 07:40 PM

What would anyone here know about sanity?  :lol:

#23 Tombstone Mountain

Tombstone Mountain

    The Grinder of all Yukonian Blades

  • Members *
  • 14370 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Goatnut, TN
  • Interests:Picking it up. Laying it down.
    Staying on the inside track.
    Sniffin' out the truth!

Posted 08 April 2015 - 07:41 PM



#24 laughedatbytime

laughedatbytime

    Twin City Cub Fan

  • Members *
  • 69734 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:suburban Minneapolis
  • Interests:women's Uggs, trying to compensate for my small hands, buying gifts for the equipment staff, smashing certain cell phones, that dreamy Judge Berman

Posted 08 April 2015 - 07:42 PM

View PostLorraine, on 08 April 2015 - 07:30 PM, said:

View Postlaughedatbytime, on 08 April 2015 - 07:27 PM, said:

Not really a song but BU2B2.

The rest of this album ranges from very good to transcendent. Even BU2B2 would be the second best song on the clusterf*** that preceded it.

:o   I think BU2B2 is the best song on the album.  My only regret is that they didn't use the song to its potential.
By potential do you mean inventing a time machine to destroy all of the studio recordings of the previous release?   Because if it did, then it might slightly edge out Headlong Flight or the Anarchist for the best song on the album.

#25 bluefox4000

bluefox4000

    I never talk to strangers

  • Members
  • 15749 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Long Island, NY
  • Interests:Music, Reading, Talking

Posted 08 April 2015 - 07:43 PM

I have not voted cause this album deserves.....nada.  not even a worst vote.

It's a huge boil. on the collective ass of Rush.

yodal-lay'hee'hoo

Mick

#26 Entre_Perpetuo

Entre_Perpetuo

    Queenmaster

  • Members
  • 3550 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Solar Federation
  • Interests:QueenRushMuseYeah! Oh and MtG.

Posted 08 April 2015 - 07:43 PM

I am still a huge fan of this whole album, despite many members' growing dislike towards it. I don't mind the production and I think the vocals are handled very skillfully considering Ged's current abilities.  Not to mention the songwriting is classic, the lyrics are focused and epic, the music rocks its butt off most of the time, the ballads are excellent, and this is certainly their greatest album since PoW and possibly their most classic since MP. I voted for BU2B2, since it makes sense contextually, but musically doesn't really have much purpose. I could've also voted for Wish Them Well, but I decided to cut the album some slack and only vote once. Everything else is awesome.

#27 laughedatbytime

laughedatbytime

    Twin City Cub Fan

  • Members *
  • 69734 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:suburban Minneapolis
  • Interests:women's Uggs, trying to compensate for my small hands, buying gifts for the equipment staff, smashing certain cell phones, that dreamy Judge Berman

Posted 08 April 2015 - 07:44 PM

View PostEntre_Perpetuo, on 08 April 2015 - 07:43 PM, said:

I am still a huge fan of this whole album, despite many members' growing dislike towards it. I don't mind the production and I think the vocals are handled very skillfully considering Ged's current abilities.  Not to mention the songwriting is classic, the lyrics are focused and epic, the music rocks its butt off most of the time, the ballads are excellent, and this is certainly their greatest album since PoW and possibly their most classic since MP. I voted for BU2B2, since it makes sense contextually, but musically doesn't really have much purpose. I could've also voted for Wish Them Well, but I decided to cut the album some slack and only vote once. Everything else is awesome.
:goodone:   times 10000000000000000

#28 Tombstone Mountain

Tombstone Mountain

    The Grinder of all Yukonian Blades

  • Members *
  • 14370 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Goatnut, TN
  • Interests:Picking it up. Laying it down.
    Staying on the inside track.
    Sniffin' out the truth!

Posted 08 April 2015 - 07:45 PM

All the haters are probably


#29 Narps

Narps

    Official TRF Pace Car Driver

  • Members
  • 27722 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Myrtle Beach SC
  • Interests:Exercise, my children, my new grandchildren(twin boys), the rest of my life...

Posted 08 April 2015 - 07:46 PM

View Postbluefox4000, on 08 April 2015 - 07:43 PM, said:

I have not voted cause this album deserves.....nada.  not even a worst vote.

It's a huge boil. on the collective ass of Rush.

yodal-lay'hee'hoo

Mick
Don't blow your entire wad on Wednesday night. Can we do this one over on Saturday or at least work it in somehow?...

#30 Tombstone Mountain

Tombstone Mountain

    The Grinder of all Yukonian Blades

  • Members *
  • 14370 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Goatnut, TN
  • Interests:Picking it up. Laying it down.
    Staying on the inside track.
    Sniffin' out the truth!

Posted 08 April 2015 - 07:46 PM

View Postlaughedatbytime, on 08 April 2015 - 07:44 PM, said:

View PostEntre_Perpetuo, on 08 April 2015 - 07:43 PM, said:

I am still a huge fan of this whole album, despite many members' growing dislike towards it. I don't mind the production and I think the vocals are handled very skillfully considering Ged's current abilities.  Not to mention the songwriting is classic, the lyrics are focused and epic, the music rocks its butt off most of the time, the ballads are excellent, and this is certainly their greatest album since PoW and possibly their most classic since MP. I voted for BU2B2, since it makes sense contextually, but musically doesn't really have much purpose. I could've also voted for Wish Them Well, but I decided to cut the album some slack and only vote once. Everything else is awesome.
:goodone:   times 10000000000000000
It's got 5 all time great songs on it.

The rest are merely damn good

#31 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

    Beauty and the Bass

  • Members
  • 21779 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Phoenix, Arizona
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 08 April 2015 - 07:47 PM

What gets me other than the bad production is the juvenile lyrics. They don't sound like someone who is been writing lyrics for 40 years.

#32 bluefox4000

bluefox4000

    I never talk to strangers

  • Members
  • 15749 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Long Island, NY
  • Interests:Music, Reading, Talking

Posted 08 April 2015 - 07:48 PM

I need to stay away......you have no idea what this album does to me, lol

it's why i hope to never meet rush.

lol

Mick

#33 laughedatbytime

laughedatbytime

    Twin City Cub Fan

  • Members *
  • 69734 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:suburban Minneapolis
  • Interests:women's Uggs, trying to compensate for my small hands, buying gifts for the equipment staff, smashing certain cell phones, that dreamy Judge Berman

Posted 08 April 2015 - 07:48 PM

View PostTombstone Mountain, on 08 April 2015 - 07:45 PM, said:

All the haters are probably

I was gonna say deaf.   But you're probably closer.    The thing is, you'd have extreme difficulty finding hallucinogens so powerful that they make the dirgefest prior to the comeback album seem even remotely interesting.

#34 Tombstone Mountain

Tombstone Mountain

    The Grinder of all Yukonian Blades

  • Members *
  • 14370 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Goatnut, TN
  • Interests:Picking it up. Laying it down.
    Staying on the inside track.
    Sniffin' out the truth!

Posted 08 April 2015 - 07:48 PM

Metal...this album is metal. The balls of this album are enough fill Lake Ontario

#35 Tombstone Mountain

Tombstone Mountain

    The Grinder of all Yukonian Blades

  • Members *
  • 14370 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Goatnut, TN
  • Interests:Picking it up. Laying it down.
    Staying on the inside track.
    Sniffin' out the truth!

Posted 08 April 2015 - 07:49 PM

View PostEagleMoon, on 08 April 2015 - 07:47 PM, said:

What gets me other than the bad production is the juvenile lyrics. They don't sound like someone who is been writing lyrics for 40 years.
You know what they say "once a man, twice a boy"

#36 Entre_Perpetuo

Entre_Perpetuo

    Queenmaster

  • Members
  • 3550 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Solar Federation
  • Interests:QueenRushMuseYeah! Oh and MtG.

Posted 08 April 2015 - 07:49 PM

View PostEagleMoon, on 08 April 2015 - 07:47 PM, said:

What gets me other than the bad production is the juvenile lyrics. They don't sound like someone who is been writing lyrics for 40 years.
They do to me.

:P

#37 Narps

Narps

    Official TRF Pace Car Driver

  • Members
  • 27722 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Myrtle Beach SC
  • Interests:Exercise, my children, my new grandchildren(twin boys), the rest of my life...

Posted 08 April 2015 - 07:50 PM

View PostTombstone Mountain, on 08 April 2015 - 07:46 PM, said:

View Postlaughedatbytime, on 08 April 2015 - 07:44 PM, said:

View PostEntre_Perpetuo, on 08 April 2015 - 07:43 PM, said:

I am still a huge fan of this whole album, despite many members' growing dislike towards it. I don't mind the production and I think the vocals are handled very skillfully considering Ged's current abilities.  Not to mention the songwriting is classic, the lyrics are focused and epic, the music rocks its butt off most of the time, the ballads are excellent, and this is certainly their greatest album since PoW and possibly their most classic since MP. I voted for BU2B2, since it makes sense contextually, but musically doesn't really have much purpose. I could've also voted for Wish Them Well, but I decided to cut the album some slack and only vote once. Everything else is awesome.
:goodone:   times 10000000000000000
It's got 5 all time great songs on it.


This I can agree with even if i don't like the way its produced. The two ballads (all-time awesome) and The Anarchist, Headlong Flight and Caravan are excellent songs....

#38 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

    Beauty and the Bass

  • Members
  • 21779 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Phoenix, Arizona
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 08 April 2015 - 07:51 PM

View PostEntre_Perpetuo, on 08 April 2015 - 07:49 PM, said:

View PostEagleMoon, on 08 April 2015 - 07:47 PM, said:

What gets me other than the bad production is the juvenile lyrics. They don't sound like someone who is been writing lyrics for 40 years.
They do to me.

:P

So someone who's been writing lyrics for 40 years should be writing juvenile lyrics?

#39 Tombstone Mountain

Tombstone Mountain

    The Grinder of all Yukonian Blades

  • Members *
  • 14370 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Goatnut, TN
  • Interests:Picking it up. Laying it down.
    Staying on the inside track.
    Sniffin' out the truth!

Posted 08 April 2015 - 07:52 PM

View PostNarpsberg, on 08 April 2015 - 07:50 PM, said:

View PostTombstone Mountain, on 08 April 2015 - 07:46 PM, said:

View Postlaughedatbytime, on 08 April 2015 - 07:44 PM, said:

View PostEntre_Perpetuo, on 08 April 2015 - 07:43 PM, said:

I am still a huge fan of this whole album, despite many members' growing dislike towards it. I don't mind the production and I think the vocals are handled very skillfully considering Ged's current abilities.  Not to mention the songwriting is classic, the lyrics are focused and epic, the music rocks its butt off most of the time, the ballads are excellent, and this is certainly their greatest album since PoW and possibly their most classic since MP. I voted for BU2B2, since it makes sense contextually, but musically doesn't really have much purpose. I could've also voted for Wish Them Well, but I decided to cut the album some slack and only vote once. Everything else is awesome.
:goodone:   times 10000000000000000
It's got 5 all time great songs on it.


This I can agree with even if i don't like the way its produced. The two ballads (all-time awesome) and The Anarchist, Headlong Flight and Caravan are excellent songs....
Headlong Flight is a top five Rush song dude. It's got EVERYTHING. The mere fact these guys dug deep and pulled this song off at their age gives me hope that I'll be crackin' toes and bangin' hos well into my 70's

#40 bluefox4000

bluefox4000

    I never talk to strangers

  • Members
  • 15749 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Long Island, NY
  • Interests:Music, Reading, Talking

Posted 08 April 2015 - 07:53 PM

"Whines"

I WAS BROUGHT UP TO BELIEVEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

....................Shut up Neil

Mick




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users