The Worst - Round Eighteen

Lorraine

42 members have voted

1. 1. What is(are) the worst song(s) on Clockwork Angels?

A lot of great material ruined by the production I'm afraid.

Always been my argument.

Mick

I'm always a bit surprised by how much production effects people's opinions. CP and S&A were very well produced, but the songs and lyrics are brutal. VT and CA have bad production, but the songs are still very strong. I don't get how people can't separate quality production from quality songs.

Did I not say great material?

• Like 1

Always been my argument.

Mick

I'm always a bit surprised by how much production effects people's opinions. CP and S&A were very well produced, but the songs and lyrics are brutal. VT and CA have bad production, but the songs are still very strong. I don't get how people can't separate quality production from quality songs.

don't worry i did, lol. I dislike the production.......cleaned up it could improve my view of it.

although CA has quite a bit of clunky material.

i'll stand by that.

Mick

Everyone using the word "hate" in terms of Rush, can suck my balloon. :smoke: Just sayin'.

Up the Angels :madra:

Is your balloon filled with pot smoke? If so, I'm in.

Depends, when you really hate something that Rush has done, than you're aboard.

As long as I'm not a broad, that's ok with me.

Have you checked lately? :smoke:

• Like 1

Always been my argument.

Mick

don't worry i did, lol. I dislike the production.......cleaned up it could improve my view of it.

i'll stand by that.

Mick

The original release of Caravan sounds awesome compared to the album version. I just wish whoever did that had done the album.

Always been my argument.

Mick

i'll stand by that.

Mick

The original release of Caravan sounds awesome compared to the album version. I just wish whoever did that had done the album.

oh god i know......i was no fan of the song but that mix....prime

the whole album needed that

then i might be singing a different tune.

Mick

• Like 1

I forgot how delightfully annnoying CA fans are.......i'm having 2012 flashbacks.

Mick

I live with the annoying synth fans every day. You can deal with CA fans once every 3 years. But I forgot, you're scared of guitars and rock and roll, so CA and its fans must scare the bejesus out of you.

Oh hey let's put on some Toto--Rosanna perchance?

Shut Up!!!!!

Clockwork Angels is one of Rush best albums. It`s beautiful & the only resason why I choose Wish Them Well as worst song, is because of the intro.

This album has at least 7 Rush classics...in other words...Moving Pictures quality :LOL: :guitar: :D

• Like 5

If I can find a vinyl rip...i would be happy.

I actually really love most of Clockwork Angels, but I cannot play as often and enjoy it like I can other albumsdue to the production and the filler material that bores me to tears

Clockwork Angels is one of Rush best albums. It`s beautiful & the only resason why I choose Wish Them Well as worst song, is because of the intro.

This album has at least 7 Rush classics...in other words...Moving Pictures quality :LOL: :guitar: :D

Norway just went up a notch in my book

• Like 2

I think if I were to give CA a rating based on the strength of the majority of the songs, it would get a nine. It is a long album, and my lowest scoring tracks are all around 6/7 out of 10, and there are three of them.

But Caravan, Clockwork Angels, The Wreckers, Wish Them Well, Seven Cities Of Gold and BU2B are amazing songs, and I adore Headlong Flight, even if it isn't one of my top three from this album.

Oddly, The Garden does little for me now, but I do really love the lyrics, and together with the music, strong enough for me to rate it a 8/10.

So, based solely on the songs, I would rank this near my top five, and it would score a 9/10, alongside Vapor Trails and Caress Of Steel.

But the production curses this release, I do not at all find it a joy to listen too in one sitting. Plus, The Anarchist, Carnies and Halo Effect do nothing for me, and they are sequenced together. It is odd, but the production on Vapor Trails adds to the chaotic nightmare quality of the songs, and I truly love that album. The album had risen from the ashes and sounded justifiably burnt and broken.

Clockwork Angels, coming after the beautifully produced dud SA, should have been spotless. But I find the production really damages the music, and no where can I find a song enhanced by it. For this reason, I rank the album a 7/10, a spot below 2112, and I will be honest, one place above Hemsipheres.

I cannot call this album rubbish, or even mediocre. The songs are mostly divine, but it is an album that really has to be played when I can be motivated (same as VT), and not at any time, like I can Caress Of Steel or Moving Pictures.

• Like 1

I think if I were to give CA a rating based on the strength of the majority of the songs, it would get a nine. It is a long album, and my lowest scoring tracks are all around 6/7 out of 10, and there are three of them.

But Caravan, Clockwork Angels, The Wreckers, Wish Them Well, Seven Cities Of Gold and BU2B are amazing songs, and I adore Headlong Flight, even if it isn't one of my top three from this album.

Oddly, The Garden does little for me now, but I do really love the lyrics, and together with the music, strong enough for me to rate it a 8/10.

So, based solely on the songs, I would rank this near my top five, and it would score a 9/10, alongside Vapor Trails and Caress Of Steel.

But the production curses this release, I do not at all find it a joy to listen too in one sitting. Plus, The Anarchist, Carnies and Halo Effect do nothing for me, and they are sequenced together. It is odd, but the production on Vapor Trails adds to the chaotic nightmare quality of the songs, and I truly love that album. The album had risen from the ashes and sounded justifiably burnt and broken.

Clockwork Angels, coming after the beautifully produced dud SA, should have been spotless. But I find the production really damages the music, and no where can I find a song enhanced by it. For this reason, I rank the album a 7/10, a spot below 2112, and I will be honest, one place above Hemsipheres.

I cannot call this album rubbish, or even mediocre. The songs are mostly divine, but it is an album that really has to be played when I can be motivated (same as VT), and not at any time, like I can Caress Of Steel or Moving Pictures.

Rosanna yeah!

Always been my argument.

Mick

This...

Great songs with bad production beat shit songs that are produced immaculately every time.

Nothing you can do to make Faithless listenable.

Jesus Christ himself could have been in the production room and the thing would still suck.

Then again he probably would have potted down the vocals in the mix....

Actually when Stick It Out hit the radio here, everyone ran out to buy CP. This was their last new single to get heavy rotation on BAB.

Mick, not sure if you were a fan here then...perhaps you recall that. BAB played it in heavy rotation. No song since...and CP charted 2, platinum record, and there are better tunes on it than SIO. Yes, the lyrics aren't great. But at least DA was an attempt to travel back to early lyrics, something rarely attempted in that era.

I listened to CA in full after i logged off last night. and putting aside my animated over the top reviews of it. And putting aside the production. I just don't like it. to many weak songs. it's LOADED with them.

Caravan

BU2B

Carnies

Halo Effect

7 Cities of Gold

Wish them Well

The Garden (yes......i sincerely am over this one)

and this is me putting aside production and all that BS.

It's not a strong record.......sorry folks

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 1

I listened to CA in full after i logged off last night. and putting aside my animated over the top reviews of it. And putting aside the production. I just don't like it. to many weak songs. it's LOADED with them.

Caravan

BU2B

Carnies

Halo Effect

7 Cities of Gold

Wish them Well

Mick

Rosanna yeah!

(Blame TM...he got the song stuck in my head)

• Like 1

Caravan

BU2B

Carnies

Halo Effect

7 Cities of Gold

Wish them Well

Mick

Rosanna yeah!

I would burn it all For love!!!!!!!!

Love that new record, lol

Mick

Caravan

BU2B

Carnies

Halo Effect

7 Cities of Gold

Wish them Well

Mick

Rosanna yeah!

I would burn it all For love!!!!!!!!

Love that new record, lol

Mick

Toiletfirst century blueees

(Thats honestly how I hear that song...)

• Like 1

Always been my argument.

Mick

This...

Great songs with bad production beat shit songs that are produced immaculately every time.

Nothing you can do to make Faithless listenable.

Jesus Christ himself could have been in the production room and the thing would still suck.

Then again he probably would have potted down the vocals in the mix....

Actually when Stick It Out hit the radio here, everyone ran out to buy CP. This was their last new single to get heavy rotation on BAB.

Mick, not sure if you were a fan here then...perhaps you recall that. BAB played it in heavy rotation. No song since...and CP charted 2, platinum record, and there are better tunes on it than SIO. Yes, the lyrics aren't great. But at least DA was an attempt to travel back to early lyrics, something rarely attempted in that era.

RTB went platinum off the success and heavy radio play of Dreamline, Ghost of a Chance, RTB and Bravado, songs still played on classic rock radio. CP started off very strong, fell off the charts, and never reached platinum. Once people heard Stick it Out, Nobody's Hero and Double Agent, they stopped buying the record and playing the songs on the radio. But the production was nice, so it's got that going for it...which is...nice.

• Like 3