The Worst - Round Fifteen

Lorraine

38 members have voted

1. 1. What is(are) the worst song(s) on Test For Echo?

It has been my experience with all of these polls that there is much truth to the fact that Rush did their best work up to and including Signals. There is no denying the fact that after that album, it all went steadily downhill.

I just do not agree. I cannot agree.

I think Signals was a much weaker effort than all the albums from CoS to MP, and I would say GUP, HYF and Presto were as great as PeW or MP.

All these bold statements that no fan can disagree is nonsense. If that is how many feel, I understand. But many of us, including those like me who tend to prefer music from the sixties and seventies over eighties, find Rush's eighties work sterling.

That's fine, but do understand that not everyone agrees with you, and just because you think differently, doesn't mean that your opinion is the only one.

I also find it hard to believe that you prefer music from the sixties and seventies. If you did, I would think you would pick up on the shallowness of the music of the eighties and nineties.

• Like 1

One more thing on account of the fact that I am sick to death of having it thrown at me what a rotten fan, or no fan at all, I am of Rush.

If the fact that I am able to listen to and look at Rush without stardust in my eyes because I have no emotional connection to them makes me no fan of them at all, I don't care anymore. :beathorse:

:codger:

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

Rivendell

I Think I'm Going Bald

Tears

Circumstances

Different Strings

Vital Signs

Countdown

Red Lenses

Emotion Detector

Tai Shan

Superconductor

Face Up

Speed of Love

Test For Echo

Just my opinion but out of the "losers" so far the ones in bold in my opinion are good songs (Vital Signs and Circumstances being excellent) and the ones in italics are at least acceptable. They don't start getting bad until HYF. Just my humble opinion of course... :codger: Edited by Narpsberg

It has been my experience with all of these polls that there is much truth to the fact that Rush did their best work up to and including Signals. There is no denying the fact that after that album, it all went steadily downhill.

I think Signals was a much weaker effort than all the albums from CoS to MP, and I would say GUP, HYF and Presto were as great as PeW or MP.

All these bold statements that no fan can disagree is nonsense. If that is how many feel, I understand. But many of us, including those like me who tend to prefer music from the sixties and seventies over eighties, find Rush's eighties work sterling.

That's fine, but do understand that not everyone agrees with you, and just because you think differently, doesn't mean that your opinion is the only one.

I also find it hard to believe that you prefer music from the sixties and seventies. If you did, I would think you would pick up on the shallowness of the music of the eighties and nineties.

I really am not a fan 90's music......speaking as a 90's kid. I HATED that music scene.

i like 80's though, lol

Mick

• Like 1

I really am not a fan 90's music......speaking as a 90's kid. I HATED that music scene.

i like 80's though, lol

Mick

So do I. Very much. But it wasn't as "heavy" as the music from the sixties and the seventies. That's probably why I liked it because it was a respite from the older music.

• Like 1

I voted for four songs. But, again. Two voters and every song except Resist has been chosen. Sometimes I'm amazed that Rush lasted after their nineties' bloopers.

That's just Bluefox. The same would have happened to PoW and GuP if you had allowed it.

right but i'm only doing that for the 90's-recent Rush, lol.

That's my point. You voted for every song minus 1, so that's why the vote was that way. If the voting rules were the same for GuP and PoW, those albums would have faced similar votes...even if you weren't the perpetrator.

It wouldn't with me. I can't obviously speak for others but I wouldn't have voted for 2 songs until HYF popped up. The last two obviously. There aren't two bad songs on any album from 74' - 85' in my opinion... :)

AFTK has Madrigal and Cinderella Man. :/

Cinderella Man is one of the best songs they have ever produced in my humble opinion. Its a least top 20 in my view but what do I know I love Lessons too... :codger:

I love Lessons. And Tears but CM Is a stinker. The chorus kills it.

I voted for four songs. But, again. Two voters and every song except Resist has been chosen. Sometimes I'm amazed that Rush lasted after their nineties' bloopers.

That's just Bluefox. The same would have happened to PoW and GuP if you had allowed it.

That's my point. You voted for every song minus 1, so that's why the vote was that way. If the voting rules were the same for GuP and PoW, those albums would have faced similar votes...even if you weren't the perpetrator.

It wouldn't with me. I can't obviously speak for others but I wouldn't have voted for 2 songs until HYF popped up. The last two obviously. There aren't two bad songs on any album from 74' - 85' in my opinion... :)

Cinderella Man is one of the best songs they have ever produced in my humble opinion. Its a least top 20 in my view but what do I know I love Lessons too... :codger:

You're going to make Narps cry by saying that about CM. ;)

• Like 1

You're going to make Narps cry by saying that about CM. ;)

First this :rage: and then this :boohoo: and then this :) ...
  • Like 1

i like 80's though, lol

Mick

and I thought that the 90s rock music was significantly less shallow than rock music from the 80s, the late 70s, or from before 1967.

And the dark days continue. I dislike everything expect resist.

Horrible man.

Mick

Oh man, even Driven? I love the power of this one

The first 4 songs on TFE are better than every song on CP. If TFE had a TSOR, Tom Sawyer, Subdivisions or Dreamline, I think it would be remembered as the best album since MP.

This is the precise moment they became their own bosses. No one to stand up to them, to challenge their ideas and vision. To challenge them on the definition of Rush Music. The frustration of the guitar player is quite prominent on BTLS in 1993.

And to a lesser extent, compounding the above, is the longer CD format. Songs 9, 10 & 11 usually did not work our for our band.

Had they been able to stick to an 8 song format, with one of the songs stretched out to a 10 min epic, clarity, power trio production and LL Cool Ged able to scream like the good ole days, there would be a much less gap pre 1982 vs post 1982. If ands and buts were candies and nuts.

• Like 1

This is the precise moment they became their own bosses. No one to stand up to them, to challenge their ideas and vision. To challenge them on the definition of Rush Music. The frustration of the guitar player is quite prominent on BTLS in 1993.

And to a lesser extent, compounding the above, is the longer CD format. Songs 9, 10 & 11 usually did not work our for our band.

Had they been able to stick to an 8 song format, with one of the songs stretched out to a 10 min epic, clarity, power trio production and LL Cool Ged able to scream like the good ole days, there would be a much less gap pre 1982 vs post 1982. If ands and buts were candies and nuts.

The difference between evolving and devolving. To much of the latter...
  • Like 2

This one ISN'T too bad... Test For Echo isn't horrid, Drive was awesome live, Limbo is a cool tune, and I loved the "unplugged" version of Resist, so I can't hate that. I also like Time and Motion...but the rest you can keep...

Just a SLIGHT step back from CP, but not all hateful...at least the songs they did live weren't bad like HyF, Presto, and RtB!

• Like 1

Cinderella Man would probably be the 3rd worst song on this album. Lessons, on the other hand, is awesomeness.

This one ISN'T too bad... Test For Echo isn't horrid, Drive was awesome live, Limbo is a cool tune, and I loved the "unplugged" version of Resist, so I can't hate that. I also like Time and Motion...but the rest you can keep...

Just a SLIGHT step back from CP, but not all hateful...at least the songs they did live weren't bad like HyF, Presto, and RtB!

Test For Echo and Driven belong in a different era and I mean that as a compliment. Stick them on the Debut and nobody would be the wiser... :)
  • Like 1

Cinderella Man would probably be the 3rd worst song on this album. Lessons, on the other hand, is awesomeness.

Which songs are worse I am afraid to ask?... :)
  • Like 1

Time and Motion and maybe Carve Away the Stone. I actually like Cinderella Man, but it's not a great song by any stretch.

Lorraine, do you mind if I make a companion poll to this one, except that we limit the binge-voting by Mick and Narps? That actually might be interesting to see in the future polls...have two polls one with multi-voting and one without and just see how the two compare. I'm not sure that we would get dramatically different results, but I wonder if a song like Totem, The Color of Right and Limbo would get any votes if you just had to choose one.
  • Like 1

Time and Motion and maybe Carve Away the Stone. I actually like Cinderella Man, but it's not a great song by any stretch.

:sigh: :outtahere: I misunderstood your post. My bad. It's better than anything on this album...

Lorraine, do you mind if I make a companion poll to this one, except that we limit the binge-voting by Mick and Narps? That actually might be interesting to see in the future polls...have two polls one with multi-voting and one without and just see how the two compare. I'm not sure that we would get dramatically different results, but I wonder if a song like Totem, The Color of Right and Limbo would get any votes if you just had to choose one.

Go ahead. I know what song I would choose if I could only choose one.

I went with multiple voting because I thought we would truly get the worst song that way given that folks limited to just one song.

Edited by Lorraine

I laughed. i can't help my honest opinion.......but have a ball, lol

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 1

I laughed. i can't help my honest opinion.......but have a ball, lol

Mick

But assuming that you don't think that there is a 10-way tie for worst song on the album, I'm interested to see which you think is really the worst.