The Worst - Round Fifteen

Lorraine

38 members have voted

1. 1. What is(are) the worst song(s) on Test For Echo?

How can any TrueRushFan™ ;) ;) ;) utter Hemispheres and Test For Echo in the same breath let alone put the two albums in the same category? Hmm??

T4E is a failure...every time I play it I keep thinking "Did they just goof around and make a Spinal Tap tribute album?".

It's cute to make jokes but what is it that you don't really like about it? I think people like to rag on this album and I still haven't figured out why.

I actually really like the album. It is the lyrics I find so shameful, often incredibly trite.

But musically and melodically, I find it a good album. But at times, it sounds like a parody prog album (Totem, Dog Years, Half The World and Virtuality come to mind).

I don't hate any of this album. But this is hardly Moving Pictures.

It contains Resist, Driven, Test For Echo and my beloved Carve Away The Stone. As goofy as I find this album, I give it an overall 7/10.

But I believe this album could have been much stronger considering the strength of the material. For that reason, it not being quite what it set out to be, I deem it a failure, but its best qualities would be improved upon with Vapor Trails.

Edited by Segue Myles

How can any TrueRushFan™ ;) ;) ;) utter Hemispheres and Test For Echo in the same breath let alone put the two albums in the same category? Hmm??

T4E is a failure...every time I play it I keep thinking "Did they just goof around and make a Spinal Tap tribute album?".

It's cute to make jokes but what is it that you don't really like about it? I think people like to rag on this album and I still haven't figured out why.

Do you put Hemispheres and Test for Echo on the same level even though you like T4E?

I like most of the songs on Test for Echo, but the album doesn't even come close to Hemispheres.

It's Rush's

Done With Mirrors

Music From the Elder

Flash Gordon

Records by great bands with little effort.

It's Rush's

Done With Mirrors

Music From the Elder

Flash Gordon

The saddest part of T4E is that I think an awful lot of work went into this album, but lyrically, I reckon Neil was simply going through either the motions, or a woefully inadequate experimental phase.

It's Rush's

Done With Mirrors

Music From the Elder

Flash Gordon

The saddest part of T4E is that I think an awful lot of work went into this album, but lyrically, I reckon Neil was simply going through either the motions, or a woefully inadequate experimental phase.

I agree with that. As I was listening to it today, I thought what an absolute waste of good music to have paired it up with the crappiest of lyrics.

• Like 1

In an album of lyrical diarrhea, I'll go with the worst explosion. Half the World.

Dog Years and Virtuality neck in neck.

Flock of Seagulls, The Fixx and Thompson Twins trump these 2 songs

The Fixx dont even belong in the same conversation as those oher two.

The Fixx and 80's Rush are equally killer imo. They still sound contemporary today and their sound has even evolved but not markedly different than it was in the 80's.

For me on T4E. It really is the lyrics........DA HELL NEIL??????????

Mick

He might have been slightly distracted at the time... I mean, considering what he just went thru

I actually find this to be the peak of Rush's 90s output and I quite like it. Dog Years and Virtuality are a bit cheesy, but really Half The World has the least engaging music. Though I don't particularly dislike Half The World.

I'm gonna say it here......i'm not voting on VT. wouldn't be right.

oh how i hate it. i don't like a single note.

Mick

Can we still be friends even though I think you are full of crap? ;)

Of course, lol

:hug2:

Mick

Mick

He's not full of crap. He is a New Yorker, and refreshingly honest. :)

• Like 2

It's Rush's

Done With Mirrors

Music From the Elder

Flash Gordon

I agree with that. As I was listening to it today, I thought what an absolute waste of good music to have paired it up with the crappiest of lyrics.

He was more worried about his drums at the time.

Mick

Hey yo!!!!!!!!

Mick

• Like 1

:blah: Folks, let us bid farewell to sunny South Wales Test For Echo and move along to worse another album. Thanks to all who voted. The loser is the mercifully one and only Dog Years. All participants in these polls will get a box of Cracker Jack's to take home.

Mick

I played VT constantly when it came out. Despite the remix I now really love about half of it. I dont think its a masterpiece but its miiles better than Bones. Bones is the nadir and they could only go up from there.

:blah: Folks, let us bid farewell to sunny South Wales Test For Echo and move along to worse another album. Thanks to all who voted. The loser is the mercifully one and only Dog Years. All participants in these polls will get a box of Cracker Jack's to take home.

Who you callin cracker?

• Like 1

Do you put Hemispheres and Test for Echo on the same level even though you like T4E?

I like most of the songs on Test for Echo, but the album doesn't even come close to Hemispheres.

No I agree with you. It's not at the same level with Hemispheres but as an album I think it's very good. It's certainly not as bad as Presto or Vapor Trails.

• Like 2

It's Rush's

Done With Mirrors

Music From the Elder

Flash Gordon

The lyrics are still far better than CP's, with Alien Shore, Stick it Out, Nobody's Hero and Speed of Love.

• Like 1

I'll have to listen to this one again someday... :)

I listened to this on the way home from work, and the first 4 tracks are just amazing. The album has aged better than any of their work since MP.

If you wanted to keep 2 losers from this album, we'd need to say every track on Presto is a loser as this album is at least 6 times better than Presto.

• Like 1